What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

HZGarfield

Roller Poster
Re: Port Aventura |

spicy said:
Looks awesome, love the turnaround and it's taken at a nice speed.

Seeing as there is no water in the splash down at the moment I assume the train is going into that second part faster than it will be once there is water.

I think Shambhala doesn't have “True Splashdown”because I didn't find any scoop on train (Diamondback has big scoops that can spray the water)
hip40bbn8gjm002ioef2pk.jpg

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
No, it will do. You probably either haven't seen the scoops yet, or it'll use a different type. Don't forget that Sheikra tested out a whole bunch of different scoops before settling on one.

Ethan

Strata Poster
They are probably angled so that the splash isn't that tall either, so it doesn't slow it down much.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
According to the user "siki" from PAfans.com (who has been spot on in previous prediction) Shambhala could be open as soon as the 12th of May.

I can't believe the ride will have undergone just under 3 weeks of testing yet it will be ready! That same day "Los Shaolines de Shambhala" (a brand new show) will also premiere at the park in the Shambhala plaza (next to the Ampersand turn)

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Crazycoaster said:
You probably either haven't seen the scoops yet, or it'll use a different type. Don't forget that Sheikra tested out a whole bunch of different scoops before settling on one.
I didn't realise the scoops were added seperatly, I had presumed they would be built onto the chassis or at least welded on afterwards to withstand the pressure of being dragged through the water, i'm suprised to hear that they're interchangable.

I had a quick look back through previous pictures and videos in this thread but I cant find any that show the scoops on the Shambhala trains, are there any updates or rumours about the possible use of scoops at the front of the train as was mentioned a few months ago?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The scoops on all of the Beemers with physical splash effects are bolt-ons.

Give 'em time. They'll get there when they're ready for them.

nealbie

CF Legend
Mmmmmmmm, looks so tasty..... Oh, and Shambhala looks pretty good too. Sooooo wanna go back to Khan and been meaning to for almost 2 years now but keep being let down, anyone wanna come with? ^_^

HZGarfield

Roller Poster
rollermonkey said:
The scoops on all of the Beemers with physical splash effects are bolt-ons.

Give 'em time. They'll get there when they're ready for them.

Notice the gap to place tracks:Shambhala's Gap is Wider than Diamondback's
or Shambhala doesn't have true splashdown or they use Wiiiiiiiiiiiide Scoops?

Image Insert:[br]
201242583526_Shambhala%20Gutter.jpg
[br] 86.13 KB[/size=1]

Image Insert:[br]
201242583813_IMG_7537.jpg
[br] 122.87 KB[/size=1]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not sure, you can't get a clear angle from that Shambhala picture as the track is rising out of the trough.

nealbie

CF Legend
Problem is Ciall, with Lives it's far too faff-coaster-faff-coaster-faff-coaster-nom-faff-coaster and if only a few of the group want to do a flat then we press on to the next credit. So I'd rather not do that somewhere as fab as PortAventura - but I was aware and fanks babes ^_^

marc

CF Legend
Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

The flats in the park are so bad though :( they were done last time though as there was so much time.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nealbie said:
Problem is Ciall, with Lives it's far too faff-coaster-faff-coaster-faff-coaster-nom-faff-coaster and if only a few of the group want to do a flat then we press on to the next credit. So I'd rather not do that somewhere as fab as PortAventura - but I was aware and fanks babes ^_^

So wrong :p

We ALL stood and waited for Will to go on the silly spinning thing the last time we went to PA. One person wanted the flat, so he went and we all waited.

The park was empty though so there was no feeling of "mad-dash" and everyone was lovely and chilled :)

Some may also say that a flat ride is faff :p

Actually, come to think about it, I think it was "would you like to go on Baco, or watch Will go on a flat ride?" so we all obviously took the latter option.

Oh, and Shambhala looks like typical B&M fun :) [/pointless attempt to remain on topic]

nealbie

CF Legend
Not necessarily rides, Phil. But shows and generally just enjoying myself too. Obviously it's all subjective and clearly Lives are hilarious for the people - disputing that would be silly. But it's a dictatorship and if the Führer doesn't want to do it or loses personal interest, then it doesn't get done. France Live 2012 - QED =P.

I'll see who's going on the Live though and whether there's enough of us normal peeps going and it's not just mostly the management clique; but I'm certainly doing my own retarded "I'm gonna be a big kid for a few days" trip. You know, like what we all used to do a couple of years ago before this place turned into a business.

Shambhala shall be fab though, by the looks of it.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Im going in june, ill probably go mid june but flexible on dates... so if anyone fancies a few pints ill see you at the closest english bar cool)

I sure hope its going to have it's wheels changed! When they tested tatsu (on that documentary) they put the fastest possible wheels on it, and greased the track just incase of a stall. It made it round a good whack faster than it should have. This time it seems adequately slow to take a panoramic video of the park and time for a yawn of two in between!

Im thinking about the 20th of june by the way.

(EDIT: Just seen the fast-testing video, i AM going)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Anoter great video from yesterday by Harman from PAFans.com!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trbxpEHvRJk[/youtube]

It runs as fast as a B&M hypercoaster would be expected to run, so I am sort of happy... Let's see how it rides before passing final judgment, though.

BTW, the MCBR were tested yesterday. When the train was released from the block it craaaaaawled back to the station and almost stalled on the final hill... :roll: :lol: Hopefully they won't kick in, like DK's...