What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Kebab

Giga Poster
th720_a9a22f089f3c93f1a0cc8b679816ed5d.JPG

^I'm just glad they're making use of the empty space around Dragon Khan, I've always thought it looked a bit bland through the layout, might make riding Khan and for those passing by more interesting to watch. They're also planting greenery around Shambhala's layout now, so it won't be the dusty wasteland everyone was predicting!

It's also been said (from TowerTimes), that Shambhala will open the second half of May and also have a brand new show supporting it.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Today Shambhala has been testing quite a few times and, finally, it's running noticeably faster!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hem4XOzv6J0[/youtube]

I love how it flies over the hills after the splash! Can't wait for multiple-train testing!

By the way, in a recent interview with Luis Valencia (PA's Director of Rides), he confirmed that the first hill is 200 feet tall (60 meters). He also mentioned that the expected hourly capacity will be 1,600 pph.

Source: PA-Community.com

Ben

CF Legend
Oh look, now it's bedded in a little it's fast... Huh. Didn't see that one coming ;)

I still think this looks like the sexiest thing <3 Imagine how it'll run on a summer night after being open all day <3

spicy

Giga Poster
Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Looks awesome, love the turnaround and it's taken at a nice speed.

Seeing as there is no water in the splash down at the moment I assume the train is going into that second part faster than it will be once there is water.

Lofty

CF Legend
...and there we go.

It's still not looking absolutely incredible, but we knew it wasn't going to hold out on Ejector, so, I'm actually looking forward to this more, to see how fun a B&M Hyper can be (never rode one).

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I doubt it will get much faster though, if at all. Plus it won't make too much of a difference anyhow.

Lofty

CF Legend
owenrita121 said:
The area by the splash down looks amazing, I can see this area of the park being very relaxing if khan isn't roaring round its track.
I'd rather Khan be Roaring around the track than it not... ;)

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Ethan said:
It wasn't a dig.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean?
It basically means he wasn't trying to argue with you or be harsh :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
So good to see it finally finding some speed (especially around the & turnaround). I'm surprised how much it has changed over the course of the testing period. Very exciting stuff!