Love that park SO much.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Plopsaland de Panne & Holiday Park rumoured to get a GCI

Amazing. Love that all these parks close to the UK are investing in wood <3

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Some details released. Apparently it will be 23,3 meter tall and it will be an investment of more than €5 million. Will be themed after the Studio 100 series Heidi.

There was a length mentioned, 370 meter, but it's not clear if they mean track length with that. 370m would be ridiculously short. I personally think they mean the length of one side to the other, the footprint length. We'll have to see. Could also be an awful April fools joke.

Source: http://www.pretparkfansite.be/2015/04/0 ... lopsaland/

nadroJ

CF Legend

Goddam Europeans working in metres! I have nothing to gauge this against XD

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^ Technically England is Europe too :wink: .

Joris is 788 meters long, so more than twice as long as this one is supposed to be. Even Baron is longer with 501 meters. For the height, Joris is 22 meters so this is 1 meter taller.

Tomatron

Giga Poster

Height wise, it's also similar to El Toro at Plohn which is 80ft all. And that was awesome.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

From what I've heard the ride will be similar to white lightning at fun spot. Which is in my opinion a very very good thing. Arguably the best coaster in Florida

ThomVD

Giga Poster

The biggest GCI I've ridden is my least fave and the smallest is my favourite, so I'm actually quite happy that this is a small GCI. They have better pacing in my opinion.

peep

CF Legend

So it has been confirmed by the park that Plospaland de Panne will be getting a GCI....

20-juli-2015.jpg

PlopsaFans said:
The rumor circulating for some time, but it was confirmed this evening: the wooden roller coaster Plopsaland opens next year, will be built by Great Coasters International. The company built worldwide for many wooden roller coasters.

That Plopsaland turn out next year with a wooden roller coaster in the theme of Heidi , was known for a while. Also, some dimensions have already been announced. We know tonight that since the latest showpiece of Plopsaland will be built by the American company Great Coasters International.

The rumors surrounding the builder this evening were confirmed on the Facebook page of the Plopsa Group. The group posted a photo of Plopsa CEO Steve Van den Kerkhof and Clair Hain Jr., CEO of Great Coasters International during the signing of the contract. The construction of the wooden roller coaster start after the summer.

Great Coasters International is already 20 years a renowned American roller coaster builder in Europe in recent years has already built wooden roller coasters in the Efteling and Magic Land (Netherlands) and Europa-Park (Germany). Even some American parks have a GCI coaster.

As the construction in just over a month off, it is expected that there will follow more info on the wooden roller coaster.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Great fit for the park! If it's as good as other recent GCI's, then this might be a great wood-steel combo with Anubis!

mouse

Giga Poster

Has the holiday park one been confirmed?

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yesssssssss!

This will be perfect for them.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

So glad it's being built by a 'great and international' manufacturer ;p

Yeah can't wait for this. With a GG on our doorstep in Ireland, this just over the water in Belgium and (eventually) an RMC in Sweden, it's like all my Christmases have come at once. Did a UK goon make a sacrifice to the coaster gods recently?

I really hope it's a good GCI, something family friendly but with balls to it.

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, I hope it's fab.

I find GCIs a bit hit and miss and they've not done anything 'wow' since Mountain Flyer.

They just need to up there game really or GG and RMC will leave them in the dust.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

If the rumours of it being like White Lightning are true then I'll be more than happy. (Haven't done WL but it sounds great and the right sort of step up for them). Although another Joris would please me more.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^^^ Yeah, I hope so too. Something like Joris en de Draak would be perfect for the park. I've read rumours it will be similar to White Lightning.

Edit: you just posted the exact same thing Sue :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Haha, but since the actual Joris is in my garden (nearly), I would prefer a White Lightning-esque GCI. Always good to have some variety. Third GCI in the Benelux, geez.