What's new

Plopsaland De Panne | Heidi The Ride | GCI wooden coaster

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Apparently Plopsa is thinking about buying two GCI woodies for Plopsaland and Holiday Park for 2016. This will probably be officially announced this January. Seems like an odd choice considering there are already 4(!) GCI woodies nearby, or five even if you count racers as two. Troy, Joris en de Draak Water & Vuur, Wodan and El Toro.

I have to add that they said that Holiday Park is lacking a "smaller coaster". So it will most likely not be a big thrill machine, but will it be something like El Toro/Joris, or even smaller?

Source: http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/3208/Twe ... lopsa.html

peep

CF Legend
Re: Plopsaland de Panne & Holiday Park rumoured to get a GCI

This fits into the rumours from last year. I think a GCI will be a good choice for both parks. Also this is Plopsa so expect both to be epically themed.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I agree that they would probably fit the park well and I love GCI, but I can't help but feel that there is starting to be a bit of an oversaturation of GCI woodies around here. I would've loved to see Gravity Group build at least one of the two.

Still very excited though!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Very excited with the idea that the two most popular parks in Belgium will finally compete with eachother! Must have been since the late 80's/early 90's this happened in this little country!

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^ With WH and Efteling also building new coasters, these are exciting times for those who live in the benelux :) . Now if Toverland builds their B&M hyper, Bobbejaanland gets a new coaster for 2017, Slagharen buys Olympia Looping as a replacement for their now defunct looping star and Luxembourg can actually be bothered to build a major theme park, then the party is complete!

Martyn B

CF Legend

Wait, Slag have removed their Schwartzkopf?!

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^ It is closed at the moment because it didn't met the requirements for safety. It's not known if it will be closed forever but it does seem likely. If it doesn't get removed completely next year, then it will be the year after. They're already looking for a replacement because the looping star was the only redeeming factor of that **** hole, so now there's literally no reason to visit.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

This might sound douchy, but I don't get excited for new GCI's anymore. They seem very mediocre compared to what GG, Intamin and RMC are pumping out.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Just a matter of taste I guess. I do prefer the GCIs over the intamin pre-fab and GG woodie I've done, mainly because they have more airtime and better pacing, but I do love Twister's ejector <3

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Martyn B said:
Wait, Slag have removed their Schwartzkopf?!

I'm not sure, but I think there is a small chance that it will re-open next season!

andrus

Giga Poster

_koppen said:
This might sound douchy, but I don't get excited for new GCI's anymore. They seem very mediocre compared to what GG, Intamin and RMC are pumping out.
I think it all comes down to what rides you've been on. The only GG coaster that I've been on for example is Twister, which is crap... While a lot of GCIs I've been on where mediocre, the first one was Troy, which totally kicks ass!! And is still in my top 3 :) Add to that new GCIs that looks like they pack a real punch, like Gold Striker and White Lightning, and you have my reasons for being excited over a new GCI :)

Intamin prefabs on the other hand.. Pleas give me more of those!!

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^ Twister crap? :shock: I respect your opinion of course, but I'm quite interested in the reasons why you find it "crap"? :)

nadroJ

CF Legend

Urgh but this means I have to go back to dreadful dreadful Holiday Park <//3

andrus

Giga Poster

ThomVD said:
^ Twister crap? :shock: I respect your opinion of course, but I'm quite interested in the reasons why you find it "crap"? :)
First of all I just want to make sure that we're referring to the same coaster; Twister at Gröna Lund? The reasons why I find it crap is that it's slow, lacks forces, almost stalls on several occasions and is a generally lackluster ride. Yes, it's a big accomplishment that they managed to fit the ride in, but unfortunately the ride experience is lacking.. I would rank it as the fourth best coaster at the park; behind Insane, Vilda Musen and Jet Line. I don't remember hearing anybody else liking Twister either? (apart from TPR which obviously finds it "great" since they get so much for free from Gröna Lund)

Anyway, it would be nice to try out another GG that isn't as cramped as Twister :) I was just saying that I (at the moment) would prefer a GCI, since I've better experience from them!

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I disagree with pretty much everything you said, but as it is a matter of taste, I won't argue it :p

I actually find it the second best coaster in Sweden (behind Helix) and definitely better than Balder. Reasons why I love it is the ejector airtime, the fact that it's unpredicable in a way that you don't really see all the airtime coming. Pacing was good enough when I rode it, but I agree it's not close to GCI level, but still better than Balder. The location also makes the ride experience better to me. Easily the best ride in Gröna Lund for me. Only thing I agree with is that I also prefer GCI over the only GG woodie I've ridden though :wink:

andrus said:
I don't remember hearing anybody else liking Twister either?

I don't really get this though. I've heard nothing but great things about Twister, and not just on TPR (I don't really go there, at least not on the forums), but also on here. I think a lot of people love it and some (including well traveled members) even have it in their top 10. I think I only heard positive things from the Sweden Live as well.

But yeah, to each their own :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

andrus said:
I don't remember hearing anybody else liking Twister either?

I'm sure the majority of us who rode it at the Live this year enjoyed it, I know I certainly did...

Also I agree with Jordan, going back to Holiday Park </3

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Just to weigh in on the Twister argument, pretty sure the majority of the Bjorn This Way Live group preferred Twister to any of the other creds at GL (Benin just beat me to it). I certainly do and like Thom would rank it 2nd in Sweden above Balder.

On the GCI vs GG topic, I'd probably prefer another GG, but Tayto park is getting one. I'm just happy we are getting more Woodies being built, maybe not 3 RMCs and 3 GGs but I won't turn my nose up at a couple of easily accessible GCIs. One could turn out to be amazing as White Lightning....

P.s. I've only been on Twister from a GG perspective but it was excellent imo, and I've heard that Wooden Warrior and Roarosaurus are excellent fun, hence my preference for more of these.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I actually don't mind going back to Holiday Park because I quite liked it. I'd say they will have a pretty decent trio of coasters with EGF, Sky Scream (I know you guys didn't like it, but I did enjoy it) and this woodie. I'm sure GCI delivers because their coasters seem to be pretty consistent when it comes to quality. Surely some are better than others, but I don't see them making a 'bad' ride. A good GCI would fill up the gap, because EGF and Sky Scream are probably too intense or intimidating for the majority of the GP.

I agree with DelPiero that a Gravity Group woodie would've been preferable when looking at variety in western Europe, but I think GCI is probably more suitable for a fun, re-ridable and thrilling coaster for the entire family, and I think that is what Plopsa is aiming for in the end. Pretty solid chance that it will be as much of a crowd pleaser as Joris and Wodan (Troy always seems deserted compared to the rest of the park so I'm not too sure about that one :wink: ).

andrus

Giga Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
I'm sure the majority of us who rode it at the Live this year enjoyed it, I know I certainly did...
DelPiero said:
Just to weigh in on the Twister argument, pretty sure the majority of the Bjorn This Way Live group preferred Twister to any of the other creds at GL (Benin just beat me to it). I certainly do and like Thom would rank it 2nd in Sweden above Balder.
Ok, you're probably right :--D Such a shame though that I couldn't join in on Gröna Lund :(

The reason to why I stated nobody else like Twister was that I had most read negative reviews of the ride on this site before the live (and I haven't read any of the reports from the live). Plus me myself, my gf and none of my friends like it.. Like I wrote: the only good reviews I've heard was from TPR. But you proved me wrong :wink: (personally I maintain my position that I don't like Twister though, and consider it a crap ride :p )

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

On my first trip, I found twister a bit underwhelming - it did seem to be running a lot better on the live, but I still prefer most GCIs (and I really like holiday park so, this is gooood news!)

It's the only GG I've done - hoping to get Wooden warrior and roar a saurus next year though.