What's new

Plopsaland De Panne | Heidi The Ride | GCI wooden coaster

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Re: Plopsaland de Panne & Holiday Park rumoured to get a GCI

We always say benelux but Luxembourg never has anything, urgh. Why we even include them is a mystery to me.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Lol, we say Benelux as well, I was just being funny. Luxembourg is burdenous. Unless you want to nip over the border to buy fuel, then it's amazing.

TilenB

Strata Poster

They have money and a functional government.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

HAH, that's literally what we always used to do when going on a holiday to France, Germany or Italy. Pop in to Luxembourg for fuel and then continue.

Anyway, we're sort of derailing the topic (unless Luxembourg decide to finally pick up on the trend and build a GCI ;) ). This GCI will be perfect for the park selection and be a great combi with Anubis. Now I'm also really curious what the theming will be like. Stuff like the Disk-o give me good hopes.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Agreed, their recent theming for Wickie was excellent so I think this has huge potential.

peep

CF Legend

I don't think it's worth a separate topic but Plopsaland's new addition for next year is the retheme of the spinning cups ride into a castle ballroom. The castle they're building is of a decent sized and will also house a walkthrough related to the TV show it's being themed to. It's also been revealed that the restaurant that will overlook the spinning cups ride will be a foodloop.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ThomVD

Giga Poster

In other words, another Plopsa CF trip next year is a must!

nadroJ

CF Legend

We need to make sure we put enough time aside this time to chillax at the waterpark ;)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Ohhh I didn't realise it was a food loop! Even fabber. I still think it's an amazing marketing idea to put the restaurant in the Princessia castle. Every kid is going to nag thier parents to eat there.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I'm actually really loving watching PdP developing into a proper destination resort, it's fab!

TilenB

Strata Poster

ThomVD said:
HAH, that's literally what we always used to do when going on a holiday to France, Germany or Italy. Pop in to Luxembourg for fuel and then continue.

Anyway, we're sort of derailing the topic (unless Luxembourg decide to finally pick up on the trend and build a GCI ;) ). This GCI will be perfect for the park selection and be a great combi with Anubis. Now I'm also really curious what the theming will be like. Stuff like the Disk-o give me good hopes.

Ooh, how dare you degrade Luxembourg to such an extent? They are the country where FAB coasters are made!

http://rcdb.com/6949.htm

sparky2u

Mega Poster

nadroJ said:
Amazing. Love that all these parks close to the UK are investing in wood <3

I live in North Hampshire so it's nearer to drive to Plops then to Alton Towers, I can't wait to re-visit in 2016 for the woodie

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Pictures of the GCI for Plopsa!

Judging by the plan it looks to be similar to white lightning at Fun spot which sounds like a great ride.

peep

CF Legend

The concept art is fab, as always. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like squeezed in next to the log flume. Love that they've added a viewing platform for the log flume splash zone too.

This should be a perfect addition for the park. Hope construction starts soon.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Chris Brown said:
it looks to be similar to white lightning at Fun spot

It looks like a 100% clone judging by Bing's satellite map!

Edit: it's almost a clone, they changed the angle of the first drop a bit!
plopsafunspot.gif

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

The theming looks superb. I wonder whether they'll have steel supports like White Lightning or go for wood? In the concept art it looks like wood, which I think'd be better.

Ben

CF Legend

I can't help be a bit disappointed by that.

White Lightning looks great in a 'great for the park and space' way, whereas I thought Plopsa might put a bit more effort in to the ride itself.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Ben said:
I can't help be a bit disappointed by that.

White Lightning looks great in a 'great for the park and space' way, whereas I thought Plopsa might put a bit more effort in to the ride itself.

Agreed. Fun Spot is definitely a small park and White Lightning is exactly what they needed; a fun coaster with a "decent" capacity. But besides the station and, presumably, queue area, this Plopsa wooden coaster doesn't look that original. Hopefully, they won't operate with the short WL trains but with full 12-car GCII Millennium Flyers...