What's new

Pleasurewood Hills 2013 - Hobs Pit dark ride

Martyn B

CF Legend
Pleasurewood Hills have just posted this on their official Facebook page:

What an exciting day... Our first NEW attraction for 2013 has just arrived!

Something to keep an eye on I guess...

peep

CF Legend
Re: Pleasurewood Hills - 2013

Has the raiding of Camelot already begun then? ;)

So how many rides do we think they'll get this year?

Nic

Strata Poster

Just so long as it's not a cred. I can't be arsed with tracking to the other end of the universe 2 years in a row.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Great News! Since the introduction of wipeout in 2007 and notably with the new attractions, refurbishments this year, PL has undoubtedly been heading in the right direction, and given its rapid development rate, the park could be "on the map" subsequently.

However, I think it is time for a new coaster, Knightmare possibly would't fit (where would they place it for a start), but Whirlwind seems a perfect fit for the park, as long they give it a fresh coat of paint :--D

If they really are "raiding camelot", then perhaps we may see the introduction of a few flats (not Excalibur 2 though)

Martyn B

CF Legend

PWH did confirm that they are looking into any possible ride sales from Camelot, so you never know. Whirlwind and the Caterpillar would be good, but then so would them 3 main rides up at Loudoun.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Another new ride delivered to the park today:

432225_415505165187420_2112753237_n.jpg

It's this Moby Dick ride from Avonturenpark Hellendoorn:

3.jpg

Similar to the Chessington and Lightwater ride, but with a different theme.

And the other new ride must be some Teacups going by the clue the park gave:

396592_411852415552695_2082002176_n.jpg

The Moby Dick things looks nice, but they have enough kids rides already!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Slightly disappointed here; it's all very well reinforcing their flat ride and family line - up, but so far, since Wipeout's completion, there's been nothing notable as an incentive. The Moby Dick ride isn't exactly a major draw...although I hope they've acquired the ship too :--D

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

CoasterCrazy said:
since Wipeout's completion, there's been nothing notable as an incentive

They did add the Jolly Roger drop tower this year which looks like a really good drop tower

nadroJ

CF Legend

Pleasurewood Hills - king of the flat rides! The fact that they've got money to buy lots of little things is at least a bit encouraging, hopefully in the next year or two we'll see another bigger investment.

I like PWH, it's a really enjoyable little park, they just need one or two more substantial attractions.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

CookieCoasters said:
CoasterCrazy said:
since Wipeout's completion, there's been nothing notable as an incentive

Is it of prestigious manufacturer though? It's probably adequately thrilling, but at the end of the day, it's a poorly themed travelling ride that is somewhat mediocre:

UK park news said:
...we learned that 2012 would see the installation of a new Drop Tower at Pleasurewood Hills. Rumoured to be a 196ft Fabbri Giant Drop at the time....

Although the park has confirmed that their planning application was successful (and remains valid) for a 60m tower installation, the new attraction is the 40m (131′) Fabbri “Mega Drop” version named “Jolly Roger” – which is presented with a loose pirate theme.

The ride hasn’t been purchased by the park, but is on long term lease and represents part of a three year/£3.5 m investment plan for the park. UK Park News has been informed by PWH that the intention is to purchase the larger tower at some point. It’s unclear why the original purchase did not transpire, however we have been advised that Jolly Roger will remain until then.

Let's hope this is the replacement! That is an incentive!

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ That is a load of balls. They haven't leased the drop tower, they have purchased it. And the original tower was going to be a Moser drop tower, not Fabbri.

Martyn B

CF Legend

The park's website has just been updated with this image:

download.spark

Also, it appears that one of the awful dark rides are getting a much needed refurb for this year.

Nic

Strata Poster

^Link isn't working. Are you talking about this pic?

530780_432352480169355_1891640467_n.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend

A little update from the park:

Moby Dick ride being constructed:
482282_455133457891257_303916510_n.jpg

Couple of teaser images for Hobs Pit:
11711_455477831190153_1356170560_n.jpg

"Images of a startling excavation project have started to emerge from Pleasurewood Hills. The source or indeed the location of where the images or when they were taken; are unknown."

482535_455477817856821_1791815854_n.jpg

Entrance is getting a face lift:
525461_456053137799289_926847857_n.jpg

Carousel has been moved:
482075_439436146127655_51186534_n.jpg

And the park have now confirmed that the forth and final new ride for 2013 is....... pedal boats for the lake.

Oh, and they also posted this rather neat photo of a Jolly erection:

581132_452049058199697_112186960_n.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend

Little bit of news regarding the future of Enigma, from PWH:

When you mentioned about the Enigma, I asked the question, so here's the answer:

The Enigma coaster is in it's second year of a 4 year plan worth £400K. Over the years Enigma has been modified and adapted to suit - This has left Enigma beyond true repair.

Last year the decision was taken to take Enigma back to it's glory day's and eventually have the ability to run 2 trains. The control panel and gear box have had to be totally replaced as the old ones had been modified. Next year Enigma will be fully repainted.

By the end of the 4 years (if nothing in the plan is changed!) Enigma should be back to being fully operational, with two trains and all authentic parts as it should have been.

The plan is to eventually relaunch Cannonball Express with theming in it's final year.

Also, there's all sorts of stuff being posted with regards to the new dark ride:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QQ7eau-dIs[/youtube]

601042_466407340097202_917956423_n.jpg

They're really bigging it up too, claiming it to be the biggest investment the park has ever seen...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Hmmmm... The dark ride sounds "interesting", it's got to be better than the dreadful thing that was there before (not even so bad it was good).

I really enjoyed Enigma though, and I'm glad they're making a real effort with it, it's a sweet little coaster.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

I hope they improve Enigma both times I've been on it, it's been horrific, rough and uncomfortable.