Pleasurewood Hills 2013 - Hobs Pit dark ride

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Press release from the park...

Pleasurewood Hills launches scariest ride in the UK

On Sunday 2nd June, Hobs Pit will officially be launched as part of the park’s 30th anniversary celebrations – more of the celebration to come over the next few weeks.

The new Hobs Pit ride, which cost over half a million pounds, has been developed by Pleasurewood Hills in conjunction with world renowned special effects expert Rob Ostir and voice actor Corey Burton. The pair, who usually work with theme parks in the USA such as Disney World and Universal Studios have been involved with movie blockbusters like 2012, Mars Attacks! and the Chronicles of Narnia, as well as most of Disney’s feature animations over the past two decades.

This collaboration has designed a ride - Hobs Pit - that is set to become one of the scariest indoor theme park attractions in the UK. It’s predicted that theme park enthusiasts will travel from across the UK to experience Hobs Pit. With over 2000 people having already signed up to the Hobs Pit mailing list via the rides own website www.hobs-pit.com

The management team at Pleasurewood Hills is not divulging much about the new ride at this stage, but they did let it slip that the ride is based on an old abandoned mine shaft and unexplained phenomena that were discovered during excavations at the park. They also explained that this is not a ride for the faint hearted!

The new ride is part of the £3.5 million investment that Looping Group owners pledged to invest when they bought the park two years ago. Hobs Pit is one of four new rides to launch in the park’s 30th anniversary year. Other new rides that have been introduced this year are Woody’s Tea Party, a spinning family ride and Moby Dick, a unique kiddies’ ride. Plus, the ever popular Pedalos are set to make a return to the Pleasurewood Lake later this summer.

Alexis Camelin, General Manager of Pleasurewood Hills said: “This ride is unique to the UK, it’s the first ‘dark ride’ to combine a ‘walk through’ and ‘seated’ scare experience with lots to scream about along the journey through an old mine shaft”. He added: “The big question is, will you escape Hobs Pit”?

For more information on Hob Pit visit www.hobs-pit.com

It's good to see that PWH have finally got their **** together. I'm quite looking forward to seeing Lofty's report.

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it to the press event anymore, I have to go to another event. I'm not 100% yet. I AM at the park on Tuesday to perform Scream School and teach the performers how to scare act, so, I'm hoping I get to see at least SOMETHING then. Ha.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I should be going to the preview event now.

Quick update:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Excellent, I look forward to seeing the "UK's scariest ride"!

sean

Mega Poster
Nemesis of oblivion said:
I actually love that exterior <3

I'll second that, although the sign doesn't match, it looks more like a sign you'd see on a nightclub (But thats just me being picky).

Lofty

CF Legend
I've been working in the attraction on and off today. Sme of the effects and illusions are incredible. It's definitely geared towards teenagers/adults and not kids.

I have to say, I'm VERY proud to be involved in training the performers and that a small UK park has produced what they have.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, now I'm slightly confused. So it's not the original track ride in a pretty frock? Where does your scare maze attraction come into it? During the ride? Before/after?

Lofty

CF Legend
They've truly created a fantastic ride for the park.

Being there and seeing how popular it was and also the guest reactions, it really makes me think it'll be successful.

Well done to them!

Martyn B

CF Legend
It's proving popular so far anyway. Queue times reached 55mins today (apparently). Some pics from their FB page:

941274_491583937579542_1678833150_n.jpg

983637_491583957579540_2038580979_n.jpg

954655_491583830912886_1443545406_n.jpg

972258_491584497579486_1503009959_n.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
On its first preview day, we worked out that if the queue goes to the boat/red, white and blue shelter (Martyn, you might know what I mean?!) it's an hours queue. It was great to see the team's faces when people had the reaction they wanted. Excited to go and modify the ride for Halloween :)

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
I was invited to the preview event, but sadly was unable to attended/accept due to work experience.
It looks pretty amazing though, from everything I have seen.