What's new

Pleasurewood Hills 2013 - Hobs Pit dark ride

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Pleasurewood Hills - 2013

LIES!!! It was a lovely little beastie :)

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

furie said:
LIES!!! It was a lovely little beastie :)
I can only ride it as myself and sadly I found it like that both times :) Maybe after the improvements I'll like it better.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Maybe leave your glass bones at home... Hmmmm... Mine are glass actually... Are you made from thin little lollipop sticks? ;)

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

furie said:
Maybe leave your glass bones at home... Hmmmm... Mine are glass actually... Are you made from thin little lollipop sticks? ;)
No... *whisles innocently* :--D

Martyn B

CF Legend

It's been confirmed that Hobs Pit is taking the place of the Fairytale Fantasy dark ride, and the big shop that was next door.

mwslye.jpg

qmxkdu.jpg

2efuclu.jpg

download.spark

And the new entrance signage:

579789_468319996572603_274347640_n.jpg

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

Noooooooo, I loved the Fairytale ride, even if I struggled to fit into it! Such cheesy gash, but the best kind of cheesy gash.

Lofty

CF Legend

You enter the shop next door as the entrance for the new ride. It'll be a fun ride. It's aimed at a more adult audience rather than children and is completely away from what they've done before. It's worth keeping an eye out for.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Marketing for Hobs Pit is in full swing:

During recent excavations at Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park contractors working on a new ride called “Hobs Pit” complained about hearing strange noises and experiencing unexplained phenomena.

Initial reports were dismissed until audio that was captured whilst using a borehole camera caught the interest of the Paranormal Research Society of Lowestoft from hearing it via Twitter. The Paranormal Society is now working with the team at Pleasurewood Hills to investigate these strange noises further.

The Paranormal Research Society will begin investigations on the site of the new Hobs Pit ride by conducting base line tests using Electromagnetic Field Detectors and other ground tests such as temperature and humidity. The Paranormal team will then return after dark with their night vision cameras between 8pm and 4am in the morning to collect as much evidence of the paranormal as possible.

The new Hobs Pit ride has been developed working with a world renowned special effects expert and a voice actor whom usually work in the USA on theme parks such as Disney and Universal Studies. The most ironic part is that when launched the Hobs Pit ride will become one of the scariest theme park rides in the UK.

Steven Collier, Founder of the paranormal investigation team said, “this is just speculation at this point but given the location of Pleasurewood Hills there is a large chance that this could be linked to historic activity of the legendary Suffolk witches who were said to have Devils Pits around this area”. He added “Only further investigation will rule out or confirm this”.

download.spark

download.spark

Plus some other bits and bobs:

547793_471611382910131_749728769_n.jpg

2547411838.jpg

BG20O74CcAA7gGe.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Loving the website.

I do think the ride is going to be pretty good, I know it's just a re-theme, but it's nice to see another park in the UK (besides Blackpool & Alton [to some extent]), bothering in their dark rides.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If anybody wants to attend on CF's behalf, then I'll help arrange it.

Lofty

CF Legend
I think I'm gonna be there on the preview day, so failing anybody being able to go from CF, I can try and get some shots and such if not? :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Cheers, Mark.

When is preview day? Apparently I'm getting an invite sent through the post so I'll know soon enough.

Lofty

CF Legend
It's the 24th last time I checked, yeah, the day after the Alton live, so I bet there's somebody who's heading that way as part of CF who can take a detour to it? :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Cheers. That's a pain in the arse, I can't get that Friday off work. So yeah, if anybody wants to go on behalf of CF, I'm sure it could be arranged!