What's new

New World's Steepest for Fraispertius City, France

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
These things are just plain dull. They can keep adding a degree to the drop, but it's not going to make them decent coasters.

A

Anonymous

Can't wait

Can't wait till it comes. But we're gonna reach a time when the coasters are gonna make a full inversion before the drop. Just an idea. :--D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well that makes no sense! Hydra has an inversion before the drop (granted it's before the lift, but still), and so did Drachen Fire (although that was part of the drop. I can't of any more off the top of my head, but an inversion before the drop isn't unheard of!

I basically agree with most of what has been said above about this. Personally I don't see the point, I don't think the Eurofighter drops are as good as the Dive Machine ones (I mean in terms of angle), so this is even worse I think. Don't get me wrong, Steel Hawg was fun, but certainly nothing outstanding. The thing is, in terms of advertising and pulling in new guests, this is a pretty good one to have I think.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
I think he ment like this
72177_158441684189474_100000709294784_344791_7003504_n.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^You mean, like this?

p4081.jpg

Look, a four hundred degree drop! It's been done already! It's just that it's so steep that people don't even count it!

Even if you want to get technical, the Pretzel Loop is still a 180 degree drop, which is far steeper than this one (because after 180 degrees, you start to go up again, going against the idea of a "drop").

Oh, and this will be a good addition to the park, and the French coaster lineup.

A

Anonymous

^ It's a Hoei Sangyo creation, and they call it the Sledgehammer.

More info and links to it can be found at my post in the "Worlds first" thread: CLICK

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
/\ Correct :)
I've always wondered how far that prototype went. I assume its just the drop but there are catwalks to the right of this image

sledge_hammer2.jpg

I wonder how it rode\rides :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
^That looks like an incredible headrush, surely thats gotta nab the worlds steepest rollercoaster record? :shock:

Probably gives an experience similar to Slammer, but far more intense :?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
jjjjustin12 said:
I think he ment like this
72177_158441684189474_100000709294784_344791_7003504_n.jpg
Superman isn't doing this, though. This is right off a lift. That's the idea, right?

I wonder if that's possible, or the strain on the cars (and people) would just be insane.

Looks vile, but still.

I still think Screamin' Squirrels deserve steepest drop award. Aren't they proper free fall?

Mike

Giga Poster
I think someone already asked this question, but when does a drop stop being a drop and becomes an inversion instead? :?

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Beyond 90*?? I mean, the overbanked turn on Rage they call an Immelmann, and it's only banked to 135* or something.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Google defines an inversion as "turn inside out or upside down", but doesn't give a specific number :?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My personal definition is if the train is rotated over 135* from horizontal, it's an inversion, but like UC said, there really is no standard and mine definitely is not the same as everybody else.

Nic

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
^Beyond 90*?? I mean, the overbanked turn on Rage they call an Immelmann, and it's only banked to 135* or something.
Yeah, I never could understand how they got away with calling that an inversion.

Anyway, what was this topic actually about? Oh yeah....

I don't care what people say, I think Mumbo Jumbo is an awesome coaster, so I'm really pleased to see more being built. Plus, this has opened my eyes to a park I've never even heard of before... might actually be worth a visit once this is open. Although, I'm assuming there's nothing else there worth the effort?

PS. Just glanced at the park map. Looks like a cute little place. There appears to be a good selection of family rides, so I guess this fits, but still not sure it would've been my first choice. BTW, their cactus themed, 2 row, tilting seat, drop/bounce tower thing looks epic. LINK

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
UC said:
I really don't understand how something like these El Locos count, but this doesn't:

p13460.jpg

Maybe that's counted as a "half" loop so it an inversion ,but not a drop. So i guess the steepest drop you can have is 179* but not 180* because that would be a half loop.