What's new

New Nickelodeon Land for Blackpool

Martyn B

CF Legend
My sense would say to put a 4d cinema in there but even if it's knocked down it will create a lot of space.

They already tried that a while back, in that dome opposite Infusion. Didn't last very long to say the least.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^They charged extra for it though didn't they? In true Blackpool fashion. So that's probably why it failed.

I second the view that this is their 'Thomas Land'. ALl the brands and characters will bring so many people back to Blackpool I reckon. It almost seems like this is exactly what they needed.

Plus Rollercoatser's still there, showing they don't have destruction written over everything traditional.

alexr

Hyper Poster
To be fair the 4D cinema wasnt themed to something as popular as nickolodeon.It would be good to see something like jimmy newtrons nicktoon blast at universal.

marc

CF Legend
In fairness to Scott he did say this was coming, he also said the Space Invader building would become a food place.

I do really like what they are doing and its enough to get me back, I cannot wait to see the land.

peep

CF Legend
I'm intrigued to see how this turns out. However it is Blackpool so my hopes aren't exactly high lol.

I agree that they should have put a 4D cinema in there, especially as Gardaland just opened a Spongebob 4D cinema (well, re-themed their Time Voyagers and put the new film in). So they wouldn't even need to spend a fortune making the film, just share the film with Gardaland.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
peep said:
I agree that they should have put a 4D cinema in there, especially as Gardaland just opened a Spongebob 4D cinema (well, re-themed their Time Voyagers and put the new film in).

Oh thankgod for that, Time Voyagers is the worst 4-D film in the world by far, even the Eye's one is pretty decent by comparison :lol:

Bet that building really don't fit Spongebob now though lol...

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Lol, and thats it? Just a pineapple? Will be a pineapple that provides any sort of service? Or just a pineapple?

Emmett

Giga Poster
That will be SpongeBobs' house then :--D .

If Blackpool can pull off a good enough job with this then the park will be certainly high on my list of places to visit next year. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the area will progress.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
This is a better investment than any new ride could have been for the park, and will see a return in spades. Personally I'm now just holding out for a Mr Men Land at Lightwater Valley, or a Dr Who World at Mingo...

Scott88

Hyper Poster
marc said:
In fairness to Scott he did say this was coming, he also said the Space Invader building would become a food place.

I do really like what they are doing and its enough to get me back, I cannot wait to see the land.

Only just been able to get onto CF since the news was broken about this.

I am not 100% certain about the building being turned into a new food place, but it has been spoken about alot in recent times, along with the rumours of this re-branded, so as the old saying goes, theres no smoke without fire.

If this is a success, expect an even bigger development at PB in the next few years, if its not a success, I'll be worried! I do think it'll be a success though, cant see any reason why it will be a failure?

marc

CF Legend
It should work for them, but my worry with all these lands is the long term appeal. Families may go once or twice but will it be enough to see them through to year 5? I hope so they just need to advertise big time.

alexr

Hyper Poster
The blue flyer is also starting to take shape
DSCF0816.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
So one will be orange, and the other blue. RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER?

That'll look... disgusting...

marc

CF Legend
This is what I said the other day in another topic

marc said:
Yep I thought it might happen I was saying to Mark the other day. I just hope it looks ok when done and not just a big mass of orange. There is a woodie in the USA painted blue and it just looks wrong lol. It's just me don't worry I know things have to change :)

Thanks for all the info on this btw.

That area of the park is going to look very solid with a blue and an orange dense structures.

I guess it had to be done though to fit the new area.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
So one will be orange, and the other blue. RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER?

That'll look... disgusting...

Never happy are you?

PBB have released a new artist's impression through Facebook;

39884_426915792364_88885897364_4710992_6640148_n.jpg