New Nickelodeon Land for Blackpool

alexr

Hyper Poster
I saw this on pleasure beachs facebook and noticed this
nick.jpg

nickland.jpg

this is great news for pleasure beach!
link:http://www.nickelodeonland.com/

New rides include SpongeBob's Splash Bash, which is an interactive ride where riders have the opportunity to turn the jets onto their friends and blast pesky jellyfish with jets of water for a splashing time. Avatar Airbender allows riders to join Aang on an amazing adventure, spinning and soaring through the air on a giant disk. The Rugrat's Lost River is a rollicking flume ride where you join the Rugrats on their quest to find the mythical Temple of Spoon

Work on Nickelodeon Land will commence in the Autumn of 2010 and is scheduled to open in April 2011.

This is great news!

Nic

Strata Poster
At last, it sounds like Blackpool might've finally got something right. Still, we'll see if they can pull it off.

marc

CF Legend
Great for Blackpool Pleasure Beach they needed something and it sounds like at last they are getting something.

This should help pull some families into the park.

They do love their water though dont they :)

I personally cannot stand Nickelodeon stuff, but I know a number of people that love it so they will be happy.

I am just happy that the park is doing something.

Edit. The map does not show Roller Coaster?

Nic

Strata Poster
So Nickelodeon Streak is Zipper Dipper? That leaves Blue Streak... NEW CRED?!!!!

jokerman

Giga Poster
Another park getting a Disko? You wont be able to move for Diskos soon.

It looks to be a step in the right direction for Blackpool. It doesn't tell us how many new fountains the area will have though.

marc

CF Legend
Nic said:
So Nickelodeon Streak is Zipper Dipper? That leaves Blue Streak... NEW CRED?!!!!

I have a feeling Streak is Roller Coaster and Blue Flyer is Zipper Dipper.

If neither of them are Roller Coaster I have a nasty feeling its going.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
This is great news for the park, really, really great :)

It doesn't matter it's "another Disco"... Thomasland is absolutely nothing new (in fact they replaced a Rock'n'Tug with.... a Rock'n'Tug and the Flying Elephants with Flying Planes).

The content is not as important as the basic fact it's a new area with new rides and a fresh theme.

Investment is great news, and if it gets more people into the park, then it gives them the further chance for more investment in the future.

Now, re-open Goldmine and Noah's Ark; and ditch Grand Prix and they'll be heading well in the right direction ;)

marc said:
Nic said:

I have a feeling Streak is Roller Coaster and Blue Flyer is Zipper Dipper.

If neither of them are Roller Coaster I have a nasty feeling its going.

It says Streak is "classic coaster" and Blue Flier Kiddy friendly. That HAS to be both woodies covered. with new names :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good spot, alexr!

Fully themed kid areas certainly seem to be the order of the day - Thomasland, Peppa Pig World and now this!

Ok, so it's a retheme and not entirely a new build, but I agree with the comments above, a good move for Blackpool Pleasure Beach, a decent investment. Nine new rides...wow!

Once an established name is on board, it can only be good news for a park. I'd expect a lot more of these themed kids lands to crop up over the next few years.

I'll be watching this with interest and can't wait for more details to be revealed.

marc

CF Legend
I actually think this is some of the best theme park news in a very long time tbh.

A lot of people were worried about the park and what would happen to it and this near enough confirms it is safe and not being run down.

As Furie said more money through the door means more investment can be made in the future.

marc

CF Legend
^The art work looks really good, I really hope they do a good job with it :).

Thanks for getting all this information.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Just as long as it's getting a fountain, I'll be happy... :lol:

So is Splash Bash a Splash Battle or that rumoured Twist n Splash ride? Is there a bigger pic of the artwork as well please?

alexr

Hyper Poster
I dont think there is bigger I just screen shotted it from the video.
Yes I think that is the twist n splash

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I do approve of parks making this type of investment we've been lacking themeing in our parks for too long. It's a shame however that at first glance there is no new coaster.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Wow. This is great news! Blackpool really did need some form of investment into new rides after what seems an eternity of no new attractions and loads just closing up, and as well as it attracting families, I think it definitely would attract me. Some great rides, a complete overhaul of the whole area. What an investment.

*is actually contemplating going back to Blackpool*

Rach

Giga Poster
This area to me as always looked really dilapidated and in need of some hefty investment.

This is excellent news for Blackpool who are in desperate need of something new, eye catching and appealing to all.
Hopefully, it will be as big a success as what Thomas Land has been for Drayton.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product, and looking forward to getting on the Twist and Splash!

ride.png

Photo from the Blackpool Gazette interview that Alexr posted.

But this does look like the end of Magic Mountain and the annoying catchy song of "Welcome to my world of BOYS!"

Martyn B

CF Legend
I guess that Sponge Bob water ride is that Tea Cups thing that was brought up last year at some point?

And is that the Space Invader building on the right of that map? At first I thought it must be getting knocked down to create that much space....

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^Yeah it's not on the map. I'm not sure if they'll keep it or rid of it. My sense would say to put a 4d cinema in there but even if it's knocked down it will create a lot of space.

Fantastic idea this. I think it's the largest investment the park has had since Valhalla? Really is something much bigger and better than what I thought it would be. Just getting ride of Magic Mountain is an amazing idea.