What's new

My Senior Year

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Can I make two suggestions for alternative games you could play with that line-up?

1. Straight out charge. Team with most amount of players on the other side of the pitch after 60 seconds wins.

2. Take-down Bulldogs. Quite simple, and would be bloody excellent when there's only ten people still not 'on-it'.

Just a thought... :p

Snoo

The Legend
See that would make the game crappy Matt.. we want a GOOD sport like AMERICAN FOOTBALL to watch.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Even this game was a contact sport. The girls had flags for downing another player instead of tackling, but there were still many collisions and hard hits.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't mind so much when they start playing, I just meant with that line-up in the picture. It has a lot of potential. You can always carry on the game of American Football afterwards!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Today was the Kickoff for our Fall season of robotics. The game is called Up and Over. Here's a CAD drawing of the field:

IMAG0054.jpg

Basically, it's two on two volleyball. The field is separated by a five foot tall fence, and in the center is a foot tall bump. On top of the bump is a tower to hang off of. There will be around 25 ten inch playground balls on the field. The point is to get more balls to the other side of the field than the enemy hurls to your side. There are red balls worth one point and yellow balls worth three points. The balls are under-inflated so they don't bounce out of the field. Near the end of the game, robots can hang off of the tower for a seven point bonus.

Overall, we all love the game and we have some great preliminary ideas. We're extremely excited and are ready for a successful season.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yesterday, the student body boycotted the food prices in the cafeteria. Over the last three years, many food items have gone up in price and it was really pissing us off. To be honest, the prices on the individual items haven't risen that much, only about $0.25 each, but when you add everything together, we are paying $7.00 for lunch instead of $5.00 like three years ago. So everybody brought their lunch and only about 20 freshmen bought a hot meal. Faculty and staff were bewildered, and later that day, we found out that a meeting had been arranged to resolve the issue of the prices. Overall, it was a pretty funny ordeal and we just might getting what we want when it all concludes.

Damn, a buck seventy five? Our cafeteria was hella expensive! Not seven dollars but usually at least five. And even now in uni we pay a ton in our cafeteria </3

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Our lunch is also a buffet, but not as big as a university cafeteria. The reason the cost of ours is so high is because my school has a company that supplies the food. They want more money for their products, so they raise our prices.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I went to the Michigan yesterday. U of M destroyed Bowling Green 65-21. It was a fun game to be at, and the student section was quite loud, even for the game not being a very big one. We were on the 45 yard line, 88 rows up.

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

*Wait's for Marcus' demeaning comments*

Oh yeah, Denard for Heisman!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My school had a ceremony for the senior class yesterday. The reason: In 2006, somebody decided to climb on the gym roof(it has a peak) and paint a large 06. In 2008, somebody added the extra line to make the 6 an 8. The school then decided that they might as well make it a tradition, so now the school paints the gym roof every year. During our lunch, we went outside and ate hot dogs and chips while a painter painted 2011 on our roof.

It's upside down, but here's a photo from Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 6&t=h&z=20

Tomorrow is Homecoming, and I'm looking forward to it. My school's Homecoming has been a lot of fun the two times I have gone so far.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
See, now to me that just ruins the tradition. As soon as the school get involved officially, the point of the 'prank' is gone.

Such a shame.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
See, now to me that just ruins the tradition. As soon as the school get involved officially, the point of the 'prank' is gone.

Such a shame.

Yeah, a prank should be student body only.

Try painting the entire inside of the school gym, or make a brick wall in front of the main entrance or something.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I see where you're coming from, Matt, but at least now it's professionally done. Before, the numbers looked like crap. Now, our logo was added and the numbers are professional.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I'm sure it looks a lot better, but it doesn't mean as much.