What's new

My Senior Year

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
This topic will be an ongoing topic throughout my last year of High School, covering everything from interesting days to football games to robotics. This year is going to be very exciting, not only because it is my last year, but because it is my school's 50th anniversary. My school, Brother Rice, has a ton of tradition, and it's really going to show this year.

I'll start with last Friday night, the football team's first game. Our team is ranked fifth in the state, but we ended up playing a very sloppy game and ended up losing 32-19. It was a shame, but we'll bounce back.

IMAG0040.jpg

(we're the black and orange team)

Today was my first class day. My classes are alright; there are a few where I am stuck with jack-offs, but it could be worse. My teachers seem like they're decent as well. My last class, Advanced Engineering, is going to be the best class I ever had. I am with many of my friends from robotics, so whatever we end up building in the class, we'll be on the ball. Although with the good comes the bad - AP Spanish is going to be a cluster-****.

Overall, I'm pretty excited. There are going to be a lot of awesome goings on this year and I'm going to try and attend as much as I can. Hopefully this will turn out to be an enjoyable read for everybody.

RCF

Strata Poster
You know this is very interesting in terms of a topic. You never really see things like this so I think this is really cool.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I love the way Americans think 50 years is a long time when it comes to things like schools, traditions, etc. :lol:

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Think about it:

50 years is 5 decades, or 600 months, or 18,262 days, or 438,288 hours, or 262,297,280 minutes, or 1,577,836,800 seconds! Yes, that's well over 1.5 BILLION seconds!

Anyways, you're going to have a blast your senior year, even with a ****ty class. I had a class i hated at first, but once i started to screw around with the teacher, and my friends joined in, the last month or so was the best ****ing time I've ever had in high school!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Unlike our school, founded in 1502, which was only about 10 years after America was discovered! :p It's also:

-5.08 Centuries
-50.77 Decades
-508 Years
-26488.57 Weeks
-185420 Days
-4450080 Hours
-267004800 Minutes
-16020288000 Seconds

American history... you guys have nothing to learn! ;)

Anywho, I've just finished my "Senior Year" and it was great. I look forward to seeing what you get up to!

My last class, Advanced Engineering, is going to be the best class I ever had.

Please tell me you did not just say that :p . It sounds horrible.

Anyway yah interesting topic, I'll keep my eye on it. Hopefully your football team bounces back like you said (though I guarantee my old highschool's team could kick their butt haha)! I hope your senior year doesn't turn out to be as crappy as mine did!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
LiveForTheLaunch said:
My last class, Advanced Engineering, is going to be the best class I ever had.

Please tell me you did not just say that :p . It sounds great.
Corrected. ;)

What sort of stuff do you do in that class then Marc?

Snoo

The Legend
Of course Americans don't have the right to celebrate history! Lord help it if we haven't been around as long as other places. Of course, you know our motto.. "If you don't like what we do here, **** off!'

I think that goes for all those Europeans out there. ;)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
SnooSnoo said:
Just don't gay it up with Robotics. :p

It's going to be, so you better look forward to it. ;)

I love the way Americans think 50 years is a long time when it comes to things like schools, traditions, etc.

What else are we going to celebrate? Many Catholic schools in the United States don't usually last as long, so it is kind of a big deal.

Please tell me you did not just say that Razz . It sounds horrible.

Yes, I did say that. I've really enjoyed my experiences in the engineering field so far, and many of my friends are in the class, so it's going to be a great time.

What sort of stuff do you do in that class then Marc?

Honestly, we really don't know yet. We're going to be designing and building something; we just need to decide what. In the past, classes have built go-karts, hover crafts, amphibious vehicles, etc. A few of us are thinking a helicopter or something utilizing rockets.

Of course Americans don't have the right to celebrate history! Lord help it if we haven't been around as long as other places.

Quoted for truth!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Today was our first robotics meeting of the year. We were missing around four people excluding seniors from last year, so it seemed like a pretty small group. The topic for today was to brainstorm ideas for recruiting new members and keeping them on the team. We also talked about the team website as well as outreach in the school. For our fall season, I am co-leading with another senior whom I work well with, so all should go well. After hearing what everybody had to say about today's topics, I am so impressed. Everybody is still in the zone, passionate, and ready to kick ass. It's going to be an outstanding year.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yay! - Did you girls discuss getting some new pink blouses to go with your skirts? :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Nope. We're sticking with orange and black blouses.

The first week of school is over, thank God. The four day weekend is going to be quite a relief. There's only 39 or so weeks left!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yeah, that's the way to do it. Count the weeks. First week of high school as a senior seems to always be nerve racking, moreso than freshmen-junior years. Once you get settled in, it's smooth sailing.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Our first recruitment meeting for robotics was today and it went well. We lost about seven members because they graduated, but there were about 12 new faces. We also knew about 6-8 other people that were considering joining, so we're looking at around 20 new members for our upcoming year. Our Autumn game is announced on the 15th, so once it's announced, I'll post the game and our design process.

We're starting to get to work in Advanced Engineering. Our first assignment is to research three new technologies that can be applied to whatever we build. My three technologies are vibration compensating camera mounts, fiber optics, and laser/infrared distance sensors. Hopefully, we'll end up applying them.

Keep checking back. My calendar is starting to fill up with events, so I'll be posting quite a bit.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Tonight, I attended a bonfire at a friend's house. It was quite a lot of fun, full of jokes, memories, plans, and food. We burned old school work from previous years and added "magic fire" to the flames so they would change color. I snapped a few pictures:

Smoke in the trees with sunlight:
IMAG0047.jpg

Blue Fire!:
IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Triple post...sweet.

My school is next door to an all girls private school named Marian. They have a tradition with their rivals(Regina, yes, I find the name hilarious too) by playing a powderpuff football game. I got to see a lot of friends who are now in college and just have a good time. After the first quarter, it started to rain a little. We ended up getting soaked by the end of the game. All the guys enjoyed Marian's uniforms because even before the rain they were pretty much translucent. Marian ended up winning 20-7.

IMAG0053.jpg