What's new

My Senior Year

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
@Hixee and mispurfekt: I just got those socks two days ago. You gotta have spirit if you're going to be on a robotics team.

@Taylor: I control the robot with my friend. He drives the robot's wheels and I drive the arm.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Large bump...double post...whatever. Here's what's happened since I've last posted.

Remember how I mentioned that our hockey team lost the state championship game? We found out shortly after that at the end of the game, a bunch of students in our student section decided to throw garbage, towels, even an octopus on the ice. Most of them got in trouble and were forced to write apology letters to both hockey teams, MHSAA, the host arena, and a few other people. It was pretty pathetic.

Robotics attended the Ann Arbor District Event and our match schedule wasn't in our favor. We had to do a lot of work by ourselves and it didn't always pay off. We still ended up being the 10th seed, third overall pick, and semifinalists. We won the website award and team spirit award and continued to gain respect from many other teams.

My advanced engineering class is full of suck right now.

Robotics team attended the Michigan State Championship. Our match schedule was more favorable than Ann Arbor but we still lost matches that we shouldn't have lost. We even had a few that could have been considered a fisting. We ended up 10th seed, captains of the 7th alliance, and narrowly lost two high scoring matches against the eventual winners(Haha, Autumn's team...for those who know who I'm talking about) in the quarterfinals. We didn't win any awards this time, but we qualified for the World Championship in St. Louis.

207633_10150257118658154_657583153_9095977_5664813_n.jpg

I was home alone for my entire spring break. I had some friends over for a few nights, but no wild parties.

My prom was on April 16th. It was the best dance I've been to. It was nice to go to a dance with a girl other than Athena. The food was pretty good, the hall was nice, the students were tools, and the music wasn't bad...as to be expected. Once again, we were the last to leave. Here are some photos in case you missed the one I posted in the photos of me topic:

Autumn and me:
205216_10150265265908154_657583153_9172463_7010677_n.jpg

The entire group:
217391_10150265265983154_657583153_9172464_3418860_n.jpg

Most people spent the night afterward. One of my friends partied a bit too hard and was puking bile in my toilet until 6:30am. Other than taking care of him, my entire night went a hell of a lot better than I expected. Autumn had a great time even though she couldn't stay(she went home and slept for 14 hours) and everybody else enjoyed themselves.

Last night, I finally decided that I will be attending Michigan Technological University to study mechanical engineering this fall. I know it's going to be an exciting chapter in my life(no, I'm not going to make a topic about it) and I'm excited to be heading up to Houghton, MI when school resumes.

Here's how the rest of my senior year looks for me:

April 27th-May1st: World Championship in St. Louis
May 3rd: AP Spanish exam
May 10th: AP Government exam
May 11th: Advanced Engineering testing(well...failing)
May 12th: Robotics end of year banquet(hopefully)
May 13th: Freshman Friday, my final day of high school
May 22nd: Graduation Ceremony

So yeah...comments, questions, bitching is appreciated!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
We'll see what happens in a year or two. I may end up transferring for bigger and better things, but as of now, I'm glad I made my decision to go to Tech.

No, at least not yet. Let's give it a bit more time, shall we? ;)

reddude333

Giga Poster
Antinos said:
Last night, I finally decided that I will be attending Michigan Technological University to study mechanical engineering this fall. I know it's going to be an exciting chapter in my life(no, I'm not going to make a topic about it) and I'm excited to be heading up to Houghton, MI when school resumes.

Go ME students!!! I'm studying at Cal Poly right now...I know you have already decided but you really should have checked it out...ah well, good luck with school

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Well, St. Louis didn't really go how I wanted it to. We had a not so friendly match schedule where we carried our alliances in most of our matches. We ended up as 25th seed and we somehow didn't get picked for elimination matches. Also, there was a lack of free time due to a complimentary Black Eyed Peas concert. I also saw Morgan Freeman while at the World Championship. Despite the few negatives, our robot performed better than ever. My skills as arm operator increased and really showed while down there. We still enjoyed our time in the Gateway City.

I returned for St. Louis with a nasty cold. I had plugged up sinuses AND a chest cold, so I was coughing up phlegm and sneezing it out. It made school and everything else very difficult.

My AP Spanish test may have been the worst experience of my life. The foreign language program at my school isn't good at all, and to add to it, we have had three teachers in the last year. We are all expecting 1's.

AP Government, on the other hand, went fairly well. There were obviously things that I didn't know, but for the most part, I knew the material pretty well. I'm fairly confident I will receive good results with this test.

Our Advanced Engineering testing day was bumped back to May 20th. We have been working hard recently and will be working even harder next week. It's starting to look like we may actually finish our submarine. Whether it will actually move or not is a different story.

The robotics team's end of the year banquet was tonight. Activities included a video(which was poorly made by my friend), handing out varsity letters, presenting gifts to the mentors and coach, recognizing the departing seniors, and also recognizing the underclassmen. A huge shock of the night was that I received the Cornerstone Award. The award is the most prestigious award that a team member can receive. To receive it, the person basically puts robotics as their most important activity as well as show extraordinary leadership skills throughout their time on the team. Only six people have received this award, so for my friend(who also received the award) and I, this is a huge deal. Although I didn't realize it, I now feel like this is what I have been striving for - being the most successful I possibly can and getting rewarded for it. This summer, a brick on the wall in our old room will be painted with my name on it(a second one for my friend), so when people walk into the room and look at the wall, they will be able to see my name. Leaving behind a legacy makes me feel like all my hard work, despite all of the setbacks, disappointments, and doubts, has paid off.

Today was technically my last school day. The administration finally told us that they changed the seniors' schedule for our final day. After 1st period, we are having a mass, graduation practice, senior speeches, and brunch, before they are kicking us out at 12:30. They are so paranoid that we are going to do a senior prank or something stupid, it's pathetic. Honestly, it makes me want to do something even worse now. We walked into school today and saw that the courtyards had been TP'd, but that was just a warm up. Tomorrow, I heard that there will be Pac-Man(look up Remy Gallard on Youtube) as well as pigs.

So yeah...That's almost it.

Shame about you not winning the robotics thing or doing well on your Spanish test, but as for everything else, way to go! Looks like all your hard work paid off, achieving your personal accomplishments and leaving something behind. Way to go, not too long now til university!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Well, the pranks never happened. The school basically had us on lockdown. The last day was very bittersweet. When we were released, none of us really wanted to go home. We just seemed to be walking through the parking lot without direction.

The following week was stressful. I was at school every day finishing our submarine for Advanced Engineering. I also had two finals to take. Submarine testing was last Friday. It wasn't completely functional, but it wasn't a complete failure at the same time:

229477_10150306844018154_657583153_9547696_5511716_n.jpg

The two groups:

225419_10150306844673154_657583153_9547704_2029662_n.jpg

They basically ended up being boats rather than submarines. We didn't manage to burn up any electronics either. The class was very stressful and we shouldn't have been doing such a complicated project, but I learned a lot over the past year.

Commencement was last Sunday. I graduated with honors and whatnot. In all honesty, it was kind of boring, but it was the end of the road.

246636_10150307471268154_657583153_9553121_6659669_n.jpg

Can anybody spot PLCP?:

247247_10150307471603154_657583153_9553128_6259497_n.jpg

My four years at Brother Rice have been absolutely incredible. When everybody said that four years would go by quickly, they meant it. I have made lifelong friends, experienced many awesome traditions, and walk away with many many awesome memories. I learned a hell of a lot, and not just math, science, english, and history. I learned a lot about respect, relationships, spirituality, how to study, etc. I have no doubt in my mind that Brother Rice has prepared me for the rest of my life.

So that's it. I'm heading to Michigan Technological University in the fall to study Mechanical Engineering. I'm looking forward to going up there, but for now, I want to enjoy summer.

I hope it was a pleasure reading over the past nine months. I appreciate all the replies.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good work Marc. It's been nice reading it. Well done on graduating!

:)

Snoo

The Legend
Took time off from masturbating/playing CoD to say hello. We'll see him in about 2-3 years.