What's new

Most underrated

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I'm not saying Dominator is better... I agree that it probably isn't. I just mean that it does kind of fly under the radar when as a matter of fact, it's a very good coaster.

RCF

Strata Poster
No I wasn't directing that towards you I was just saying in general that Krypton beats out Dominator EVEN THOUGH I see your point about flying under the radar.

A

Anonymous

I think the two Superman:ROS clones at Darien Lake and SixFlags America are underated. They never seem to get much love but they are actually really fun rides, especially the Darien Lake one cuz it goes out over the water for part of it. I mean they aint no Bizarro at SFNE but they are still pretty damn good Intamin hyper coasters. The bunny hops going back to the station have some great airtime.

Also, Georgia Scorcher at SFOG is a really fun and intense B&M Standup that I feel is underated. I think B&M standups in general are underated and everyone hates on them cuz the standup fad is pretty much over but alot of them are actually pretty good coasters that can be really fun to ride.

Snoo

The Legend
^Behind Chang, I thought Scorcher was the best in it's class.. and that isn't by much either. Still.. another ride overshadowed by a bigger ride.. Goliath in Scorcher's case.

Jools

Giga Poster
Arrow said:
Irn-Bru Revolution is underrated its really intense for such and old ride.

Omg, I totally forgot about this, best ride at Blackpool, yet people seem to forget it.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
i know this seems a little self-contradictory because its currently #1 as CF's best coasters, but Thunder Dolphin at Tokyo Dome, cause I have never seen it anywhere before, and for a coaster that large and unique to go unnoticed is really strange

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. you've been on mostly American/UK sites I assume. A coaster in Japan isn't exactly the top of the pecking order in discussions tbh.

fretboardpyro

Mega Poster
I think for what its worth the big dipper at BPB deserves an honourable mention here as its as good an eample of a classic woody that we have in the uk and it has some monsterous air time, especially when ridden at the back.

Also at BPB i think the wild mouse is a fine ride with plenty of "I'm going to die" moments that you just can't fail to enjoy!

I also think For all its shortness and alleged "uninspired track layout" Shockwave is a fine ride that offers a really unique ride experience that never fails to hit the spot.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^Love your avater, bro. Rock on! =VH= :headbang:

Also, Mind Bender at SFoG rides really well, and is pretty intense for a relatively early looper. I think that might be a bit underrated by most people.

Colossus

Giga Poster
iam gunna go out on a limb and say Spinball Whizzer or Sonic Spinball now, whatever you want to call it, nobody ever talks about it anywhere proberly because of it being with Nemesis, Air ect.... but its just a quality fun ride....never the same ride twice

RCF

Strata Poster
You know I've seen some videos, and Batman: The Dark Knight at Six Flags New England looks like it would be a really good ride for being so compact. I NEVER hear about that ride

Jake

Strata Poster
^ It's pretty meh, and trimmed to hell.

I guess being right next to S:RoS/Bizzaro doesn't help either...

herbinator

Mega Poster
I think X/: No way out is underated because when I go on I always find it quite fun! *prepares for violent outrage from other cf's* :lol:

A

Anonymous

Firehawk at Kings Island, even while being an amazing flyer.

Snoo

The Legend
^You ever been on a B&M Flyer? Feels more like a 'flyer' then the Vekoma version. OVERALL, the Vekoma has more G's through the course while the B&M's have the Pretzel Loop.. <3

A

Anonymous

Thunderbolt at Kennywood is absolutely ridiculous! :shock: The airtime is intense, and it almost threw me out of it. The turns weren't too rough, and the final drops were incredible.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Great Bear is a really underrated ride. It's pretty forceful and just overall enjoyable.

I also really liked Alpengeist and Volcano, which unfortunately get ranked fairly low on the Mitch Hawker Poll.