What's new

Most underrated

CMonster

Giga Poster
UC said:
To compare it to what you get on Xcelerator is ridiculous, and this is a prime example of why you shouldn't judge coasters after a few youtube rides.

Unless it's Boulder Dash, 'cause I pretty much floated out of my seat watching that video. :p

andrus

Giga Poster
Stampida: I thought it was a great out of control ride and all the talk of it being rough is rubbish imo, the ride is never uncumfortable and the little bit of roughness only adds to the expreience!

Desert Race: all the talk is going on about Rita all the time (altough a lot of it is bashing :p) when in fact Desert Race is a much smoother version of the same ride with an added bonus at the end!

Waffleman

Mega Poster
UC said:
Goliath at La Ronde is incredible, I've never had that good air time on anything (except maybe Xcellerator?).

Are you kidding?

You're aware it's only floater, right?

As in, the ride is mathematically designed to pull as close to 0Gs as possible (i.e. not ejector)?

To compare it to what you get on Xcelerator is ridiculous, and this is a prime example of why you shouldn't judge coasters after a few youtube rides.
I wasn't really comparing it to Xcellerator, I was just saying that Xcellerator has better airtime, and I'm very aware that it's just floater, but although it isn't intense it is very fun to ride.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I agree with Jools; Saw: The Ride has been slated to death! For this country Saw: The Ride is a great example of a decent rollercoaster. Colossus is another under-rated ride.

A

Anonymous

I know it sounds dum, but I think Oblivion, not many people talk about it and it is reeaaaaaallllllllyyyyy good. It has a wicked drop and the build up is great.!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Kebab said:
I agree with Jools; Saw: The Ride has been slated to death! For this country Saw: The Ride is a great example of a decent rollercoaster. Colossus is another under-rated ride.

Saw was overhyped to hell as the next best thing since sliced bread, so it's not under-rated by any means... It was rough in it's first days if I recall people's opinions and the 'amazingly themed queueline' is one corridor and a stairway... There are better Eurofighters about...

It's says a lot about the UK coaster list when Saw is considered decent...

And Colossus is a dire painful mess of things...

About the only thing under-rated at Thorpe is Inferno, and even then it's not fantastic...

And the Ultimate is anything BUT under-rated... Everyone who knows and has been on it loves it...

A

Anonymous

there is a lot of underated roller coasters across the planet sutch as

Steel Dragon 2000
Stealth
Nemesis Inferno
Storm Runner
Air
Eijeika (sorry if spelled incorrectly)

A

Anonymous

Shockwave and Nemesis Inferno are both quite underrated and very good rides. Colossus is an incredible ride, with an awesome layout and general greatness everywhere, and I've never found it at-all rough. I love colossus! ♥

A

Anonymous

Megafobia is a great ride best ride in the uk imo but no one knows about it, Rollercoaster at blackpool is good now with the new train.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thunderbolt Six Flags New England for me :)

I loved that little coaster, it kind of summed up what I love about rides. It was just simplistic fun. Nothing too exciting or taxing, but just an enjoyable ride. It reminded me of Rollercoaster at Blackpool with a little more oomph. It was smooth and made you giggle a little. It entertained me. I think that for all the thrills in the world (and as we experience more thrills it becomes harder to thrill us) it's great to actually just be able to enjoy a ride, just because it's a bit of a laugh.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Dominator - I know there's not much to it but I find it's a bit more intense than most other B&M's, and I love the insanely huge loop.

Great American Scream Machine (SFOG) - Lovely woodie... it really flies through the layout. It's very picturesque, as well.

Back Lot Stunt Coaster - actually probably one of my favorite rides at KD. There are some coasters I might skip during a day there but I always make sure to get a ride on this one.

Tennessee Tornado - yes it's relatively short, but it's remarkably smooth for an Arrow looper and surprisingly intense. Plus you drop through a mountain... how cool is that?

Snoo

The Legend
I concur with the Dominator being underrated. You don't see it on many people radars but it really is a fantastic ride.

A

Anonymous

Irn-Bru Revolution is underrated its really intense for such and old ride.

Ben

CF Legend
Dominator's fab <3 Not THE best Floorless (personally, I prefer ex-Medusa/Scream and the other Medusa), but, it's still REALLY good.

All other Floorlesses (bar Superman in Texas cause, aint done it), suck.

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed. Most Floorless I have encountered have been sub par.. even though I don't prefer Scream (rode very poor when I was on it) or Medusa/Bizarro. Kraken was just full of ****.. lol

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^I've heard that it is and I'm pretty sure it's generally considered one of, if not the best floorless.

RCF

Strata Poster
I've only ridden two (floorless type not coasters with floorless trains) and those are Krypton and Dominator, and Krypton definitely beats out Dominator.