A

Anonymous

Uncle Arly said:
loefet said:
It's almost time to get some help to test this puppy :p

*Raises hand*
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
LOL , maybe...

It have taken a bit longer to finish then I have anticipated, having my 4 year old nephew at home, doesn't really help with the progress, I basically haven't used my computer for the past week :p

The only thing left are changing the shape of one element and smooth out some places due to different orientations of the track-segments while building...

EDIT:
I have sent half the track for testing at the moment, the other one will be going out soon when I find anyone suitable...

A

Anonymous

While waiting for the testing to be done, I started to play around with the scenery...

aa09.jpg

OMG! it's massive!!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Add a huge yellow head on the left side, small legs on the underside, and let it walk off the edge of a brick platform...

You got the reference, guys?

A

Anonymous

^^ hmmm.....

I have made a lot of the station area today, it's getting better...

aa10.jpg

Holy cattle pen Batman!!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
OK, forget about the edge, the most important thing is that it has to go in a straight line until it hits something, upon which it turns 180 degrees and continues walking.

Or keep it in its current state, but let it slide along the ground if jumped on.

A

Anonymous

I just put those colours on the dome, so that it wouldn't look like a white blob, they will be changed into something more suitable when I finish it of. I have also added some terrain around it so that it won't look so much out of place...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
No Koopa Troopa coaster? Aww...

Either way, I'm sure the result will be fantastic. Keep it up!

A

Anonymous

After some great help from the testers I have finally fixed the last problems with the track, so now: track-work = 100% (YAY!!)

Themeing about 50 %
Texturing about 10 %
Supports = 0% :( (can't start with it until I have done the themeing...)

New pictures, this time on the second half...

aa11.jpg

aa12.jpg

aa13.jpg

A

Anonymous

^^ Thank you for the offer, but I got this one sorted though, it's a lot easier to do then the Tesla one :) , maybe next time...

Are you saying that the in-line is to drawn out or the whole layout?

If you say the in-line, I would agree with you slightly, I had it turning the other way at first and it was "tighter" but it ended up better this way, and the train carries a lot of speed through it so I can't make it super tight...

If you mean the layout as a whole, I don't think so, since the helices pulls 3.5-4 g's, the bottom of the hills around 4.5 g's and the airtime tops out at -1.4 g's so you can't really make it tighter :)

Jared

Hyper Poster
I was indeed meaning the roll. It would look far better going the other way I think, I would be happy to take a look at the track though. See if you can prove me wrong.

A

Anonymous

^ The roll is fine, especially since you go through it at 90-100 km/h...

The roll on Tesla is longer and slower than this one, so there is no problem...

A

Anonymous

I have done some more research about the roll, and it's pretty similar in size as the one that were on Maverick, only that this one work. :)

New update, a bit on the scenery this time...

aa14.jpg