What's new

Mission to Mars!! (Download on page 6)

A

Anonymous

Re: Project Alien Attack!!

Just to let you all know, I finished this a few days ago.
I'm working on a promo video for the release at the moment, and I'm mighty pleased on what I have done so far...

A

Anonymous

Re: Project Alien Attack!!

Coming soon...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZMXfjUuP_8[/youtube]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Mission to Mars!! (Promo video added on page 5)

Looking forward to this! :D

Jer

Strata Poster

That video was just an eyegasm, i just want to ride it already!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

You've outdone yourself again. The 3D's make the ride. If it even needs to be said, I'm looking forward to riding.

AmusementSci

Roller Poster

Amazing. Love the 3D's, but loved the video even more. It's too bad there isn't a setting in NL that allows you to work that type of dialogue into the ride program itself.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

If all of that is meant to be indoors that will be amazing and horribly expensive to build. Will be amazing to ride though. Brilliant themeing.

Xpress

Strata Poster

Thekingin64 said:
If all of that is meant to be indoors that will be amazing and horribly expensive to build.

Nobody said anything about actually building it ;)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

^ If it was real that is, or someone was planning to build it.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

woaah, those terrain textures. And the whole concept looks fab and well polished... as usual.

A

Anonymous

^^^ You are so true!!

Well in a way I have already achieved my goal with this project, that soundtrack was the inspiration of the whole track and the goal was to make that video. So in a way releasing this track is a bit redundant to be honest...

A

Anonymous

Still...

marspost.jpg

Roller Coaster: Mission to Mars
Amusement Park: Loefet Summerland
Classification: Roller Coaster
Type: Steel - Sit Down
Make / Model: Intamin / Blitz (custom)

Length: 1588 m (5210 ft)
Height: 49 m (161 ft)
Inversions: 3
Top Speed: 115 km/h (71 mph)
Elements: Twisty Snake Dive
Overbanked hill
Immelmann
In-Line Twist

Trains: 5 trains with 3 cars per train. Riders are arranged side by side
in 2 rows for a total of 12 riders per train.

3Ds objects are made by me, with Wings3D.
The objects are made up of 100k vertices.
Textures are from: (most of them) Filter Forge and CG Textures, the rest is pictures I found on the net.

This track is made have been under construction for a long time.

Thanks to Rach for the train logo!!
Thanks to everybodys kind word during construction!!

Download

POV will follow soon...

Brookes

Giga Poster
Well what a ride that was! I've got to say loefet I think this is your best, it is absolutely fantastic.

Before we even get to the ride, the attention to detail is fabulous. I mean pictures of astronauts on TV screens, screenshots of the ride on the CCTV screens, those little bits of detail are things that really impress me, especially due to the time it must have taken to create the whole thing. I'd encourage everyone to explore the wonderful 3Ds and hopefully be as impressed as I was! The total indoor idea is brilliant - though a little similar to Space Mountain - this one is humongous!

Onto the track, I loved the layout and how it interacted with the terrain. Good mix of inversions, hills and turns, smooth and fast paced. I like how the colour scheme reflected the terrain - I tried this once with my ride Xeric, but you've pulled it off much better! When you get slowed down for the second launch, I was hoping and praying for something awesome in the second half, and it didn't disappoint! The effect in the following turn was brilliant.

I hope I've managed to get over how much I like this, and I've probably forgotten something, but it really is amazing. Not too sure if I've ever given a 10, but there's a first time for everything. :wink: 10/10

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Great work again. Like Brookes said, I loved the attention to detail. I rode the ride (twice in face) then had a long fly round the area in the sim. Really nice work, loved all the little touches, like the CCTV images for example).

The track was great, very smooth and flowing. I liked all the dives in and out of the tunnels and trenches and the second launch kinda took me by surprise.

A really exceptional ride, I'm sorry I can't seem to be able to write more! Well done. 10/10

Treeis

Mega Poster
That was actually increadible. 2001 a space oddysey is one of my favorite books and films. And so the bit with TMA was amazing. I loved it!

A

Anonymous

^ Yeah 2001 is awesome!!

Too bad that they didn't allow me to use the music in this pov :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqCd0eAWkKU[/youtube]