What's new

Mission to Mars!! (Download on page 6)

A

Anonymous

I suddenly got the urge to do a blitz...

aa01.jpg

A

Anonymous

That's about as far as I have managed at the moment, I'm still finalizing the segment before I tackle the next bit.

But I'll keep you updated.

A

Anonymous

^ And the point of that post was...

I have more or less rebuilt that section, and added the next bit...

aa02.jpg

tks

Strata Poster
Don't worry, Xpress is just annoyed because that screenshot looks far better than anything he's ever created!

The second shot looks alot smoother than the first. :)

A

Anonymous

^ Yeah probably...

The twisty bit at the top is more what I had in mind at first, but the exit is a bit of a bitch to sort out, since the banking's are whack when on a slope...

Btw, the idea for this track comes from a Black and Jones mix from a Tranceenergy event in 2002... :)

EDIT:

This is as far as I have at the moment, will add more tomorrow and also finalize the banking's on this section.

aa03.jpg

Xpress

Strata Poster
You know, if you weren't just a bunch of pr!cks I wouldn't always be annoying :|

As for my post, there wasn't much to say on. The point of my post was to add commentary, as in "looks like fun". I figured you of all people could even get that ;)

Enough with the jibborish.

Hmm, I think the first bit looks better now, and the airtime hill looks forceful :D

A

Anonymous

^^ If you don't have anything to say, why post??

^ Well it's a half flying snake dive, but the first bit is a bit hard to get smooth, I guess that I have to add a few more segments to it...

New update, the layout of the first half is done!!
aa04.jpg

A

Anonymous

^^^ Much will be done in the terraformer...

^^ Quiet you!!

^ It's less then 50 meters tall at the moment, I'm not sure that it will be taller as I add the second half, but I doubt it.

Not much time to work on the ride today, and the time I had was spent redesigning between the over bank and the final helix, due to it not working as good as I hope, which have meant that the inline/zero-g roll is gone, but it have been replaced with a kick ass airtime hill :) (roll will return later on in the layout though).

A

Anonymous

^^, ^ Thanks

First part is now done, after a second redesign of the first inversion/drop with less!! nodes it worked out close to perfect. I have also worked on a soundtrack (that is the inspiration of this ride) for a teaser video (if I manage to get it done since I suck at video editing...).

IMAGES!!
aa08.jpg

aa05.jpg

aa06.jpg

aa07.jpg

Now to start with the second part...

A

Anonymous

^ It does 113 km/h at the moment (it would have been faster if I didn't have the things that have caused so much debate on another coaster :) ), but I doubt that the launch on the second half will increase that figure, it depends what I need...

Oops saw that I used an old version of the track for those images, the only difference is that the drop is the crap one...

A

Anonymous

^ Wrong!! The second launch propels the train all the way up to 115 km/h :)

I have started to finalize the second half of the coaster, just a few laterals that needs to be taken care of, no new images though...

It's almost time to get some help to test this puppy :p