What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Re: Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

Ben said:
Haters gonna hate. I think it's different and cool.

I wouldn't say 'hate', that's just not the right word here.

I don't hate this ride, and I'm sure it'll be fun, but i still think they could've made it a lot smaller and less uglier.

Lofty

CF Legend

Far, FAR better than the previous testing video. It actually looks pretty fun now, still, it's **** ugly.

Martyn B

CF Legend

So how have they sped it up from last time? Does get like a big push from the lift now?

Brett7710

Mega Poster

^ Not sure, I guess the lift platform must have some tyres on it to move the boat onto the drop but not sure if they're supposed to really launch it forward, I don't see how else it could gain speed though.

I still don't like the look of this ride at all, it may look better witth a splash effect after the first drop (which I think will be coming) and maybe the park will make a nice job of the station and surrounding area. But still, the layout just looks poor, it still puzzles me why the mid-course brake run is so long and changes direction slightly halfway through, it just looks like a novice No Limits user has created the layout.

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster

^Agreed. And the layout does not look Intamin AT ALL. Looks like it was inspired a bit by Rattler's helix a bit imho lol.

Maybe it would be cool if they did an artificial splash at the base of the first drop that looks identical to the one from the back of a speed boat.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ I don't understand how a layout can look like a certain manufacturer. I understand that track type can symbolise a certain manufacturer, but not a layout..

Gazza

Giga Poster

^I think the curvature of certain elements is distinctive between manufacturers though, which is what people go by.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Isn't Intamin a ride broker as well as a builder? Maybe this and the one at Holiday World are from a new player on the scene within the Intamin group?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I still think it looks crap.

Sorry about it.

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster

Lofty said:
^ I don't understand how a layout can look like a certain manufacturer. I understand that track type can symbolise a certain manufacturer, but not a layout..

You have to admit though, it does resemble rattler's helix on that first turn!

Lofty

CF Legend

Rattler as in the Rattler at SFFT?!

If so, a LOT of coasters have a first turn around like that, a lot of CCI coasters are like that.

Lofty

CF Legend

Double Post. Don't care. Worth it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_CfbXzzgFQ&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]

More shots of testing, it actually looks really fun <3

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Haven't we learned by now don't judge something until we are well into testing at full speed? I'm still pretty new and I've learned that already.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Whilst you're right, I'm still not hugely impressed by this. I think they could have done a lot more with the space, or made something equally as good in a much smaller space.

The speed can only be a good thing though.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I know a lot of people were complaining about it being slow, but I really dont see the need to speed up that WHOLE video, which just gives a completely inaccurate view of the ride.

Lofty

CF Legend

The moment nobody was really waiting for, but oh well, here it is;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do2S3jzMGQY&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]

Oh well, looks, ok I suppose.

Also, that water colour is now disgusting, it looked ok when it was being constructed, now, it's ended up like Flamingoland's River Ride. Anyone care for Typhoid?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

The MCBR reminds of those first NL rides people make where they haven't worked out to press "I" to straighten the segment... </3

Meh... I'm sure it'll look nicer when all the grass grows in etc, but lets just say I'm not going to be rushing to the park for it... ;)

Smithy

Strata Poster

Not gonna lie, looks pretty awesome. Won't be after a ride or two, but from the video it looks like it'd give a decent experience.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

looks really fun, pacing is about the same as your average B&M hyper I would say.