What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

^ Out of all coasters, you compared the pacing to a hyper? Am I missing something?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Ethan said:
^ Out of all coasters, you compared the pacing to a hyper? Am I missing something?

Go watch a POV of Behemoth and you'll see what I mean..

Ethan

Strata Poster

Having ridden Behemoth myself, I know what the pacing is like. I still don't see anything resembling this coaster.

Nick

Mega Poster

I kind of get what _Koppen is on about, but still it's a very weird comparison. I actually think this ride looks pretty fun, but aesthetically it's horrid.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

What's so weird? The speed it travels over the hill looks to be the same as a B&M hyper taking a hill, the curves and helix looks to be about the same speed as a B&M hyper takes a helix at

Nick

Mega Poster

It's weird because you're comparing a water coaster with a hyper! It's like comparing a hyper to a kiddie coaster. I bet there are loads of coasters with similar pacing, a slow woodie will probably have a similar pacing as a B&M Hyper, it's just not a very worthwhile comparison. Perhaps comparing the pacing of a similar water coaster would be more useful?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Nick said:
It's weird because you're comparing a water coaster with a hyper! It's like comparing a hyper to a kiddie coaster. I bet there are loads of coasters with similar pacing, a slow woodie will probably have a similar pacing as a B&M Hyper, it's just not a very worthwhile comparison. Perhaps comparing the pacing of a similar water coaster would be more useful?

So you're saying that comparing the pacing of this 60 METER tall coaster, that has a huge airtime hill, unlike any other water coaster, with a B&M hyper's pacing is like comparing it with a kiddie coaster? Even tough the pacing of the both coasters are the same? Were not talking about comparing coasters here, were talking about the pacing.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Yeah we know that we are talking about the pacing. But your comparison was still a little dumb. Let's move on now shall we...

Like someone said earlier, I think it was Mark, the colour of the water is digustion now. Wouldn't like to splash down into that :(

Lofty

CF Legend

TBF, the most ridiculous comparison was saying, "It's weird because you're comparing a water coaster with a hyper! It's like comparing a hyper to a kiddie coaster."

That is such a stupid comment, you're basically saying that this coaster is a kiddie coaster, which it's far from. What a stupid comment, before you start criticising other people's opinions and saying their wrong, try and have your back-up at least moderately acceptable.

Nick

Mega Poster

Lofty said:
TBF, the most ridiculous comparison was saying, "It's weird because you're comparing a water coaster with a hyper! It's like comparing a hyper to a kiddie coaster."

That is such a stupid comment, you're basically saying that this coaster is a kiddie coaster, which it's far from. What a stupid comment, before you start criticising other people's opinions and saying their wrong, try and have your back-up at least moderately acceptable.

I see what you're saying about my comment sounding like I was comparing this with a Kiddie coaster. Sorry this was poorly worded. All I was getting at was it's like comparing two very different rides with each other. This is a water coaster not a hyper, I just thought it was an odd comparison that's all. Chill man!

Martyn B

CF Legend

Two things I noticed; real splash? And the MCBR is a kind of a launch?

Nick

Mega Poster

I'm pretty certain it's not a real splash, but I really hope they put an artificial splash effect in as it looks really odd at the moment, you kind of expect a splash of some sorts at the bottom of the drop.
I don't know about the MCBR

TilenB

Strata Poster

DiVertical opened yesterday!
Seems like they changed the water in last few days, but the coaster still lacks theming, anyway it looks fun.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncHPuKRR0S4[/youtube]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I didn't realise people still used video cameras with lenses like that... </3 ;)

Once they've got the grass to grow in I think this'll look a lot better. I think it looks pretty dire with the rubble. People seem to be enjoying the ride though, which is all that counts. :p

Ethan

Strata Poster

It's the sore thumb of coasters...