What's new

Knott's Berry Farm 2013 Rumored Giga Coaster

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Knotts Berry Farm 2012 Rumored Giga

^Not really, it still has a bad rap from the accident 10 years ago or however long ago it was. It has terrible capacity and the people who want to get wet, just stand on the bridge. Personally I think getting rid of PP and putting a watersplash there with a bridge so guests could still get soaked would be a great way to pay homage to Perilous and keep the only good thing about that ride there.

My bet, station at mystery lodge or where dinosaur ride used to be, queue for the later would be in arcade/laser tag area with lift going towards Bigfoot, twisting drop back to roaring 20's area, turn around sky cabin, watersplash at old Perilous site, breaks station, with more in between.

Xpress

Strata Poster

D1993 said:
Isnt Perilous Plunge a ride that is quite liked by the GP?

No. Everybody hates it. Even on the hottest of summer days, the Q is as empty as a bar on Utah on Sunday. Ride cycles are 1 every 20-25 mins from horrible ride operator status, and they only have 1 boat in operation now.

Scrapping it can very easily open up space for another ride. A Mega-Lite might be a bit cramped, or they may have to use some of the usual ingenuity you can see with some of their others rides being incorporated into the scenery or whatnot (SilverBullet, Jaguar ect.) but I think they could fit one nicely in the area that Perilous is in.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

^ GP stands for general public. You know, the normal theme park goers that as members of CoasterForce we think we are better than.

To me, due to the lack of space, a hyper lite seems more logical than a hyper, which seems more logical than a giga.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Either way, a new roller coaster on a big scale at knotts will do for me

Xpress

Strata Poster

Or perhaps even an X-car. You could fit something good in that space...

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ to be honest, its still kinda out there for me. The chance of their being a new roller coaster at all, these are just rumors of the possibility of a giga. It could still be anything really

D1993

Hyper Poster

I know this is kinda pulling up an ancient thread, but I found this article and thought it was interesting so instead of just making a new thread I posted it in this one.

http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2011/10/ ... tts/89973/

It makes me wonder if perhaps for 2013 the park is planning something big? It obviously cant be something that big for 2012 as its probably too late in the year for that.
Nevertheless, the article was interesting.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

An Update:

Rumors are swirling around yet again of Knott's receiving a 300 ft. roller coaster. With the closure of Perilous Plunge, Knott's ill-fated water ride, real estate will be opened for a potential future ride.

Another recent speculation is that Intamin has been dropped all together in favor of B&M, who recently constructed Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland, a fellow Cedar Fair park.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ASWKwQwzE[/youtube]

Time will tell how much of these rumors are merited.

bmac

Giga Poster
any talks of an announcement date? Or is Knott's staying hush-hush to try and one-up whatever Magic Mountain is getting?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^I've seen nothing other than the announcement of the closing of perilous plunge but there are people more likely to know than me.

Also this could be interesting if true. It's be good to see another B&M giga as leviathan was a clear top 5 ride for me. Too bad I likely won't make it out to SoCal for at least a couple of years without a US Live materializing first.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The only official word thus far is on the removal of Perilous Plunge; that's it.

The rest of pure rumors and speculation, which have continued on for a number of years as far as a Knott's 300 ft. is concerned.

Lofty

CF Legend
For some reason, I'd have highly doubted them going with the B&M Giga concept over Intamin, until, Leviathan proved to be such a success and a great coaster, now, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Screamscape's latest report is that Leviathan was scheduled to go to Knott's until the last moment when the plans were changed to Canada's Wonderland.

This would not be the first time we have seen change of plans in Cedar Fair history - Valleyfair's Excalibur was originally planned to be built at Cedar Point instead of Gemini, but was plans changed very late in the planning process.

bmac

Giga Poster
Hyde244 said:
Screamscape's latest report is that Leviathan was scheduled to go to Knott's until the last moment when the plans were changed to Canada's Wonderland.

This would not be the first time we have seen change of plans in Cedar Fair history - Valleyfair's Excalibur was originally planned to be built at Cedar Point instead of Gemini, but was plans changed very late in the planning process.

That would totally explain that 120 foot high brake run, too!

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:

Wicked Twister was originally planned for Knott's and Xcelerator for CP but they were switched when CP got wind of a 400+ foot tall coaster concept using the same system.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Re: RE: Knotts Berry Farm 2012 Rumored Giga

tomahawKSU said:
GhostRider is glorious, all it needs is topper track and its back to top form, or everyone needs to stop being a pansy and suck it up.

That is usually my position :wink:

Well, sure hope so. I'm going to Cali next year and hitting Knotts so this would be nice, and the park could really use it.

I know parks are champs of squeezing in coasters but how on Earth can a giga even be fit into that park??