What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

Snoo

The Legend
Awesome! I don't think the trims will have TOO much effect on the ride overall.. I can't wait for testing pictures.

A

Anonymous

Check out the awesome new minisite for iSpeed!
Go to www.mirabilandia.it , and when it loads click the iSpeed banner at the bottom, left.

There are pictures, wallpapers, and most importantly, STATS!
Not just any stats, there are G forces for single elements, and from those i can tell, that That is going to be one of the most powerful coasters EVER!
4.6G on the climb to the tophat
-0.5G over the tophat
4.9G at the bottom of the first drop
-1.5G on the camelback
4.5G on the first turn
4.3G in the corkscrew (?)
4.3G in the Italian loop

A

Anonymous

An Italian loop, as it is referred to by the Parksmania people, is the slanted immelman-ish element before the berrelroll...

Hmmm, thinking about the forces, I still think it will be pretty strong, I mean, it wouldn't make sense to put the spikes on the official site... They're probably quite sustained... I'm quite sure for the turn, the airhill and the climb and the drop from the tophat...
If the forces varyed by a lot, the track would have to have non-constant radii, no?

Oh, and I'd love to hear more about Loefet's Gforce meter thingy!

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
The Italian loop -name sounds like a bad ripoff of Norwegian loop. :p Which also isn't a very creative name...

A

Anonymous

^ It all depends on what you call sustained force, TTD pulls about 5 g's on the pull up after the launch for about 2 seconds, that is no spike for me, but it not really sustained as well.

But your right, even if the ride pulls "so and so"many g's at some point it still pretty short so the effect isn't as bad as you think.
An example is that 3 g's for 7-10 seconds are way worse than 5 g's in 2 seconds.

A

Anonymous

Today at 1:45pm, iSpeed has completed its first circuit!
I hope for some video footage soon!

EDIT:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGOwo61skJE[/youtube]

Thom25

Roller Poster
^Thanks - I can not wait to see this ride in action. It looks amazing - Please keep the videos and updates coming.

A

Anonymous

New video from Youtube...
I can't post here the link...
Search from youtube "iSpeed: test e rollback"

The speed of this ride is soo amazing!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^This the one?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWHoHAgAgD8[/youtube]

Yeah this ride looks really great!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yum. That really does look nice.

Are those sound effects (the sirens etc) going to be permanent or are they just some saftely measure whilst the ride is testing.

Snoo

The Legend
Safety measure. Most Intamin's i've seen testing have that.. well the horn at least.. the announcement was from the park.