What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
Ooo... sounds interesting. I think it'll be a B&M, as Mirabilandia already has a B&M, so they might want to do business with them again, and from what I've seen, There hasn't been any Intamin Mega Coasters being built lately, but I guess we'll have to wait and find out!

Tony

Hyper Poster
I was so happy to hear this yesterday and I was thinking not long ago Mirabilandia should get another big coaster. Screamscape also says it'll be B&M which I assumed anyways since they already have Katun and that the article makes a reference to Silver Star but I suppose it's still a rumour.

If this happens I'll definitely try to go there next year.

Dave

CF Legend
I've got this strange assumption that it'll be a Mega-Lite, since they seem cheap enough for the smaller parks that create good airtime.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Lord Kotowa said:
I've got this strange assumption that it'll be a Mega-Lite, since they seem cheap enough for the smaller parks that create good airtime.

Well, I wouldn't consider "small" a park that can afford a large B&M inverted coasted...

It's been seven years since the addition of Katun, so it's time for another big ride. THe only thing I don't like is them removing Sierra Tonante to make room for the new coaster. I have read in several reports that ST is quite rough, uncomfortable and a bad ride overall, but who cares? It's a credit!

Snoo

The Legend
^But any sensible person would take a new, better credit over an old crappy credit. :)

Ben

CF Legend
oriolat2 said:
Lord Kotowa said:

Well, I wouldn't consider "small" a park that can afford a large B&M inverted coasted...

It's also said it'll be bigger then Katun.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
oriolat2 said:
The only thing I don't like is them removing Sierra Tonante to make room for the new coaster. I have read in several reports that ST is quite rough, uncomfortable and a bad ride overall, but who cares? It's a credit!

That's what I thought at first, but then I thought that without this coaster, I'm unlikely to go to Miribilandia as Katun is not worth the travel alone.

Having said that, Sierra Tonate looks quite reasonable and I don't think Miribilandia are short on space so I suspect that with ST, its days were numbered anyway, especially if it was giving poor rides and is hard to maintain, so it was a "lost credit" anyway.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
If it does happen, it will be a shame if they don't keep Sierra Tonante, but I can see it being a good swap because it's already catching people's eye, which is good news for the park.

I was thinking of going mirabilandia later this year, but now I've heard this news I might save it till next year :D

Lofty

CF Legend
This is fantastic news for the park (if it is true)! Tony I also thought about the refference to SS, oh well, it will be a good addition to the park!

Tony

Hyper Poster
It is listed on RCDB now :D .

http://rcdb.com/id4147.htm

Anyways it says B&M but I am questioning the height they have down. They say it's 164ft tall but I am wondering did they put it down wrong as earlier it stated it will be taller than Katun which is 164ft and maybe they just got it mixed up or maybe they have some sort of height limit? I just find it odd that it would be the exact same height as Katun.

Anyways I think this is awesome news and Mirabilandia will now be high on my must visit list for next year. In other news the Woodie "Sierra Tonante" has already started to be removed and RCDB has it listed as a past coaster.

http://rcdb.com/id766.htm

Maybe someone can move this topic to Ride Construction now?

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Wow finally a new major coaster for Mirabilandia!

I was toying with the idea of hopping over this year for a weekend to sample Katun, but if this new coaster is decent then the park will be a must for all enthusiasts in Europe next year.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, i'm planning to go there again next year.
And I really don't recall any official confirmation, that this will be a hyper coaster. It might as well be something else...

I really feel sorry for ST tho, it was a great coaster, and the only wooden in Italy, or in tht part of Europe...

A

Anonymous

St was a wonderfull woodie.Not too rough,fast,long and willd.
It was my first woodie.And they change them for a silly BM hypercoaster,why not a Intamin like Geforce or Superman Ros (SFNE).

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Umm... where did you hear that? We've had speculations, but as SilverStar was mentioned in the press release, and DM track has shown up in Ohio, not Switzerland, it's generally agreed that this most likely is a Hyper.

Welcome to CF by the way! Always nice to see another Scandinavian on here.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Sorry to mod this topic, but do you remember where you read it? And could you provide a link?
(I want to read it too!)

If so, the speculations should start swirling again soon. Thanks for finding the old topic, though.