What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

Nick

Mega Poster
To tell you the truth, I don't think it will matter too much if the launch isn't that great, cause the track that follows is just so awesome. This ride is about speed around tight and interesting inversions, not just a launch.

I was thinking the whole launch thing was getting a bit overdone, but bring on more coasters like this, with decent layouts with the launch as just a tool for the coaster to gain speed, rather than for a gimmick.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^The turnaround into the buckel into the 0g roll looks like it will be very intense, just by seeing how fast the train travels through them.

Goliath123

Mega Poster
When i went on Superman Escape at Movie world australia, it does feel like your being pusehd back, thats at 100 kph btw. You do get used to it, i mean, i rode it 18 times in 1 day, i think i'd know. At the start you feel really havey but then you go back to normal mode at the top hat.

I still would love to be so pushed back that your face is like all distorted and its just pushed back so your vision becomes blurred, that would be pretty cool.

A

Anonymous

^ Yep, and a lot of head banging...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N9fUevgUgs[/youtube]

I still favor Blue Fire to this one...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Hmm, am I the only one thats quite disappointed with the layout? It does too much of right-turn-nothing. And what the hell is that crummy section after the MCBR?

Snoo

The Legend
Headbang central.

Anyone who has been on Maverick, Fahrenheit, or a Intamin with OTSR's lately can attest to that.

Well.. at least the airtime will still be sexy.

Ben

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
Headbang central.

Anyone who has been on Maverick, Fahrenheit, or a Intamin with OTSR's lately can attest to that..

I didn't headbang once on Fahrenheit, so, there goes your theory :wink:

Snoo

The Legend
Well I did, as did UC, as did a multitude of other people I know who rode it.

So there goes your "I'm Ben, so I must prove everything wrong because I am the magical god" theory.

:p

PS: Are you a magical god?

Snoo

The Legend
Well "anyone" isn't "everyone" dear.

More of a general "well there could be some people who didn't but a majority of people did" statement.

;)

Ben

CF Legend
Anyone is everyone. "Ask anyone", indicates asking any of the people who have ridden the rides you indicate. I'm one of those people, I am therefore included in your "anyone", and disagree with your statement, making your theory incorrect.

If a "well there could be some people who didn't but a majority of people did" statement was your intention, you should have worded it more like "ask most people and they'll tell you"...

So, there :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
SnooSnoo said:
Headbang central.

Anyone who has been on Maverick, Fahrenheit, or a Intamin with OTSR's lately can attest to that.

Well.. at least the airtime will still be sexy.
Headbang central the first time round, but being the coaster geeks we are we ride these rides multiple times and come to know what to expect. We lean with the ride preventing headbanging.

So yeah, after a couple spins you will know what to expect on iSpeed, the same as with Maverick and Fahrenheit.

I attest to Maverick's headbanging.. But that's all it is, is headbanging. It's not like, smash your face against the restraint and completely ruin your opinion on the ride forever. If it has turns like that, it's gonna be rough, and so is I-Speed, but it should be okay.. Just look at where Maverick is in everyone's top tens pretty much.

Just shrink a few inches to like, my height or lower and you won't have a headbanging issue.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I guess this MCBR is a bit like Manta's. It's really close to the final brake run but in order to let the other train roll out of the previous block, it has to be there.

I think we could say iSpeed will be like the European Maverick, plus the top hat, plus the inline twist :lol: I am not a huge fan of launch coasters but this one really does something after the launch and the first element, unlike 90% of launchers.

So, can I expect headbanging from this coaster? Snoo? Ben? What are your thoughts? xD