What's new

Is Nemesis the world's best inverted coaster?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Montu *is* fun I'll give it that, but it's too drawn out. There's too much space between each element and whilst I do enjoy the way it glides gracefully through the track it just doesn't have the punch that Nemesis has. Nemesis you just get bam, bam, bam inversion after inversion after inversion in a tight and compact layout, maintaining a good speed and you have to catch your breath on the brake run. Any coaster that doesn't make me do that isn't in my top 10 unfortunately ;]

Montario

Roller Poster
Nemesis maintains a fast, intense speed the whole way through while Montu starts of well, but crawls its way back to the station after the MCBR. It is almost as if they focused on adding the main thrills right at the beginning then thought to themselves 'how do we get it back to the station'. It seems a little rushed to me and does not maintain the constant intensity and layout/landscape creativity Nemesis has.

Themeing on Nemesis obviously blows Montu out the water. I think it is a tie between the two for ride experience however. Nemesis is the best inverted coaster to me and will remain...no one can change this mentality :redhotevil:

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Meh, Nemesis is O.k I guess, wouldn't be bothered if I went to Alton and didn't go on it.
I prefer Nemesis Inferno more than Nemesis.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Is Nemesis the worlds best inverted coaster?.... Hmmm.... I really really want to say yes but it isn't.

For me Montu is better, no matter how well Nemesis makes use of the restrictions on it, and the extremely close call to the rocks, Montu's height/speed/inversions just clinch it. Don't get me wrong I love Nemesis and its extremely forceful, but it doesnt have a batwing that makes me black out for a second;).

Nic

Strata Poster
What sets Nemesis apart for me is the fact that it's a complete assault on the senses, and it begins as soon as you enter Forbidden Valley.

The sound it makes is by far the most memorable I can think of, and I put that down entirely to the way it echoes off the surrounding pit. It amplifies the sound, and changes it slightly to make it sounds like a roaring creature. Combine that with the sound of the waterfalls just magnifies it further. It's forboding, yet draws you towards it, all at the same time.

Then you've got the appearance. The theming over the station is awesome. The red dye in the waterfalls are a simple but effective way to theme the whole ride area and draw it all together. I think the way that you can't really follow the path of the track very easily also helps. The way it weaves in and out of the rocks, and under itself make it hard to guess what it's going to do before you get on. I also love the fact that it has that kind of ampitheatre thing going on with the steps that go from the station where the single rider entrance is) up towards the main entrance. It focusses your attention on the beast.

I also love the way that you can feel the ride as it goes past. Most notable is if you're queuing on the bridge towards the station right infront of the vertical loop. As the train swoops through the loop and down under your feet, the gust of air that rushes past is pretty intense.

All of these elements come together to make it one of the most imposing coasters that I can think of. This is why I love it so much. By the time I actually get on the ride, it's whipped me into a frenzy of excitement and expectation like no other. Of course, all of this would be pointless if it didn't have the ride experience to back it up, which fortunately it has. The intensity and relentlessness not only make it fun from start to finish, but also perfectly match the expectations built up during the queue.

Sure, I've been on other inverts (and other coaster types) that are imposing, or intense, or great fun, but none of them put butterflies in my stomach or a smile on my face quite like Nemesis can.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Nemesis is really, really great, but Montu is my favourite B&M invert with nemesis in second and black mamba following very closely behind.

Jake

Strata Poster
I really like Nemesis. I love the location (blah blah) and the weird order of elements (blah blah) but it still probably sits somewhere in the upper middle for me. It's loads better than Dragon Challenge (what a load of tripe, and now the two sides don't even duel it's got NOTHING going for it), Great Bore, Inferno, Silver Bullshet and Alpengeist (ugh).

It's got nothing on Montu or the Batman clones though.

rich210uk

Mega Poster
Nemisis was my first and there will always be a place in my heart for it :) This is the one where it all started for me. They just don’t put in that much effort when building a new ride anymore, at least in the UK. I love the way it goes up the side of a hill and the way it glides down before throwing you into that first corkscrew.

Just walking towards the ride and you can hear it roaring and while walking through the queue line you’re getting blown about by the wind it creates. World’s best, I love it but I wouldn’t say it’s a world’s best, there is too much competition. It’s certainly the best in the UK, in my opinion.

Taxi

Mega Poster
Nemesis gets a 10/10.
Montus gets a 10/10.

I prefer Montu. Why?
It's just as good as nemesis, but its just more of it.

BBH

Giga Poster
The Batman clones are so perfectly intense and insane. I've only ridden two inverts (Batman and a mirror) but Inverts are definitely some of my favorite rides. Does Nemesis look better? Yes. Does it look best? Probably not IMO. But you can't judge a coaster by its POV.

Montario

Roller Poster
Ethan said:
Montario said:
^Batman clones are just plain awful.

With lies like that, you won't get far on CF ;)

Not a lie, an opinion. I was not referring to the ride and its intensity. I generally don't like them anymore...six flags are to blame for this, taking what was initially a good ride and placing clones anywhere they can. No originality or effort. It has become redundant, a bit boring now and hence, not high up my list. OK not awful (I wasn't in a good mood when I wrote that :p), but definately not too amazing, I should have been more clear. My honest opinion...the ride experience is perfectly fine and enjoyable...just other factors that bring it down for me. I'm surprised you picked one newbie out of many for not being amazingly fond of a ride... :oops:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Montario said:
Ethan said:
Montario said:
^Batman clones are just plain awful.

With lies like that, you won't get far on CF ;)

Not a lie, an opinion. I was not referring to the ride and its intensity. I generally don't like them anymore...six flags are to blame for this, taking what was initially a good ride and placing clones anywhere they can. No originality or effort. It has become redundant, a bit boring now and hence, not high up my list. OK not awful (I wasn't in a good mood when I wrote that :p), but definately not too amazing, I should have been more clear. My honest opinion...the ride experience is perfectly fine and enjoyable...just other factors that bring it down for me. I'm surprised you picked one newbie out of many for not being amazingly fond of a ride... :oops:
Don't listen. Whilst you are wrong and the Batman's are fab, we don't hate on people for having opinions.

bmac

Giga Poster
Be thankful, other sites can ban you for disagreeing. B:TR NJ is kinda meh but t it's better than Alpengeist.