What's new

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2012/13

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Tokens are £1 each. I only went on the Starflyer which was £6, but I know that the ferris wheel is £8 at peak periods (which is anytime other than this week).

Smithy

Strata Poster
Can you buy tokens individually? Or do you have to buy them in sets of 5/10/20 etc...? And do they do any discounts for buying in bulk lul

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I think you can buy as many or as little tokens as required. I only bought one lot of 6 together and they gave me one receipt that said "6 tokens" on it but my friend who did the same got a "3 token", "2 token" and "1 token" (i.e. 3 different receipt things!). So by that judgement, I think you can buy any amount you want.

Didn't see any discounts anywhere though. :( Could have done with a wristband or something!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Cheers Jordan. Will make sure I buy before each ride then so I'm not coming home with worthelss tokens

nadroJ

CF Legend
Yh, that's the best way to do it. They're dated too so you can't even save them and use them another time!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Here are some photos I took from when I went with Neal. You can get a general idea of how crowded it was and some of the layout.

SAM_0382.jpg

SAM_0370.png

SAM_0372.png

SAM_0377.png

SAM_0399-1.jpg

showtime.png

SAM_0379.png

SAM_0375.jpg

SAM_0373.jpg

SAM_0368.jpg

SAM_0393-1.jpg

Now for some geeky POV shots from a video I took on Wilde Maus...
SAM_0395.jpg

SAM_0396-1.jpg

SAM_0397-1.jpg

And a warning that you're likely to get stuck midway through the zipline! (The white blob in the air is the man who got stuck...)
SAM_0390.jpg

So yeah, all in all very enjoyable! Much better organization than previous years.

Martyn B

CF Legend
That's not as bad as I was expeting it to be. Wilde Maus looks like its worth the £6 with the fun house queue line etc, but Euro Coaster can piss off.

Quite a few people have got stuck on that zipline now, probably not worth doing if you're going to stranded up there in cold for a while!

Smithy

Strata Poster
If anyone has any recommendations on rides then feel free to share them :). Was only gonna do the big wheel, euro coaster and wilde maus and then go and spend some time in the Bavarian part of it, but if there's something I'm going to be badly missing out on I'd hate to then have to read all your trip reports and see I'd missed something.

Nic

Strata Poster
Hmmm, might actually be persuaded to do Wilde Maus. I don't normally bother with the rides there (not even the creds) but it's something I've not seen elsewhere and I'd be interested to see if it's any more/less vile than a normal one. Are there any more of these things lurking in the world anywhere?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Alpen Hotel for sure, it's hilarious XD The starflyer just because it's massive and London is pretty <3 The drop tower looks pretty OK?

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye I had Alpen hotel in mind going from the topics in here so will have a look at that. Again thanks guys