What's new

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2012/13

Martyn B

CF Legend
It will soon be that time again! :wink:

Power Tower, Air, Winter Wonderland Express, Carousel Bar and other usuals are expected to return.

And 95% confirmed is this new Wilde Maus XXL:

img_6300vtkdb.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVBlScXmZM[/youtube]

Its basically a standard Mack Wild Mouse, but 2 big drop were added.

peep

CF Legend
Oh wow, if they did get that new wild mouse that would be awesome. Finally something a bit different for the UK fairs.

jokerman

Giga Poster
That wild mouse is really interesting actually, I wouldn't mind going on that. Looks like I might actually bother going to this for once.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Glad to see something slightly abnormal and remotely thrilling at Winter Wonderland! I went last year and ended up extremely disappointed with the whole park (not just because the Olympia looping rumors were false) but also because you could barely move an inch (not exaggerating) due to the dense population.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ It doesn't seem to be as bad during the day, though I've only been twice - one evening and one morning - so it might just have been the times I went. Also, the market and food/drink areas seem to be a lot more crowded than the ride areas as well.

During the day you really lose the "Christmas" atmosphere though, so it's pretty much a lose/lose situation.

I'm not going to be rushing to London especially for a wild mouse, but since I'll probably head down there to see friends at some point over the holiday, I'll likely pop in.

Martyn B

CF Legend
XXL is obviously a running theme for this year, as apparently a new Fabbri XXL Inversion is supposed to be appearing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC-AWytaXSM[/youtube]

In case anyone is interested, Travelodge have got another sale on and there are some cheap rooms in the London area for this December. I just booked two nights in the Borehamwood Travelodge for £23.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I suppose if you're driving it's not that bad but the public transport from that area of Hertfordshire into London are bad, especially at night.

Martyn B

CF Legend
We stayed there last year, and the only reason I chose that hotel was because its close to a train station thats within zone 6, so you can use the travelcard for getting to and from London, as well all the tube etc for £8.

That and the fact that it worked out a lot cheaper to stay there than any other hotel North of London.

Jake

Strata Poster
Yeah, it's not that bad at all. You can mince to the Watford area or Stanmore or something to grab the underground. Stanmore is fab because there's loads of street parking next to the staysh. Not that I'd bother with a hotel, I can get down there in an hour from here which isn't too bad really.

This is the first time for ages that i'll be in the UK for Christmas, so might actually make my first appearance at the CF thing in December <3 <3.

Defs getting the mouse cred regardless, obv.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've read elsewhere that Mellors Mine train (from American Adventure) could be at this years event.

Oh, and....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0glPrqeIt8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Martyn B

CF Legend
Some more 'news' as such:

Well it’s just a week and a half till the pull on/build up starts and the ride news/rumours are rife.
Manning’s Amusements have updated their website with the following ride news:
Alpine Adventure will be ...bigger this year and will be featuring a few new rides. So far announced at the Show Time Afterburner (previously mentioned as a rumour on here, it appears to be called Snow Time for the event). This practically confirms the absence of John Bugg’s Ski Jump Freak Out
Also new is the Rodeo Reindeer (which sounds suspiciously like a Rodeo Bull – lots of fun to ride and watch!)

Set to return are to firm family favourites the Penguin Party Dodgems and Avalanche Waltzer

Santa Land also sets to be bigger with the addition of new rides and attractions. Reported to be new this year are:
A brand new Pirate Ship
A family drop tower ride (I would imagine this to be Scott Manning’s machine new to him this year)
An Ice Dragon Slide
But most excitingly is the brand new Animatronics fun house called Santa’s Toy Factory. This is brand new for them this year and travels on many loads, set to be a centre piece to Santa Land this year.
Set to return to this area are the Christmas Carousel, Santa Land Express Train Ride, The Singing Chicken Show (one of the highlights from last year), Santa’s Ferris Wheel and of course Santa’s Grotto will be back for free visit!!!!

Manning’s haven’t stopped there though; they have also invested in a beautiful 2 tier American Fantasy Carousel set to feature in a stunning area of the event.
Also they are bringing back family favourites the Spinning Baubles Tornado, London Bus juvenile flying carpet, Spinning Penguins & Reindeer Pony Express.

Other new rumours from the net have emerged from the Dutch forums this time. Set to return is another favourite, the Snow Jet Matterhorn from the Van Der Veen family. The same family are also rumoured to be brining their Hollywood Fun House. New to them this year after purchasing it from an Irish showman. Hinzen’s Haunted Mansion Ghost Train has been reported as not returning this year and possibly replaced by Lemmerman’s Thriller Ghost Train.

I know not too much has been confirmed yet, but it is sounding like a much better event already for this year.

And apparently there will be lots of changes with the layout of the 'park', so there shouldn't be a repeat of last years issues.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Oh boo, the Freak Out's being replaced by an Afterburner? I just hope it's run like Eagles Claw and not Vortex.

I dread to think how extortionate the prices will be this year. Hopefully the new layout will solve the overcrowding issue of last year.