What's new

Goodbye Superbowl (PBB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealbie

CF Legend
If you squint your eyes really hard, or better still gouge them out, you can just about make out The Ritz :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
Nah I reckon we will see a new ride (wristband enabled :p). Infusion has been such a massive success for the Plesh, they would definitely want to build on that. Surely?

There's enough room ther for a medium sized Eurofighter ;)

A

Anonymous

Theres alot of space there maybe they will put in a large capacity flat or maybe some form of iverting flat. One of my friends would like an intamin drop with 2 floorless sides.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Thats too similar to Ice Blast. They tend to get rides that are completely different to anything else in the park.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Five woodies would suggest otherwise Martyn lol, but I know what your saying, two tower rides in the same park isnt going to happen.

Most people seem to think its going to be a new fountain/gardens type area.

I just get the feeling if it was going to be a new ride, then they'd of been doing some advertisment during the winter weekends.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Scott88 said:
Most people seem to think its going to be a new fountain/gardens type area.

Well, it's certainly what I feel is required to bring me back to the Pleasure Beach ;)

Please Amanda, surprise new ride? Pretty please? Sorry I called you all of those nasty things :lol:

Emmett

Giga Poster
Please not another fountain, they already built one last year. I know they are trying to make the park look more attractive but seriously there will be no rides left by the time they have finished landscaping the place.

Most people go to theme parks for the rides not to look at landscaping features. They really need to get a new major ride soon.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
marc said:
What a stupid sign to put up round a ride being removed.

"See it, feel it, love it" What see the empty space, feel the empty space, love the empty space lol.

Reminds me of the lyric from Tommy.
See me, feel me, touch me, heal me.

I thought he said 'Love Me' in there somewhere, too...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Five woodies would suggest otherwise Martyn lol

But even so, only 2 of them are similar! Look at the likes of Bling, Valhalla, Spin Doctor and Infusion, they're all rides that the PB doesn't (didn't) really have anything like, if that makes sense :lol:

I just get the feeling if it was going to be a new ride

So do I, for some reason.

When was the last time they removed a ride and not bothered replacing it with another? (Forget about Circus Clown, and Turtle Chase, and Spin Doctor, and the Caterpillar, oh and the Whip...... :| )

But in all seriousness, them rides were all in pretty odd locations, this how ever is in a good position, with a lot of space. There's a wide variety of rides that could fit there.

I reckon we'll see a new ride, but not next year.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Martyn, they are replacing the Whip for next year. A new dodgems is going into that space and I dont know if it will be included on the wristband or not.

Superbowl space is massive, none of us could quite believe how much space it's removal has opened up when we looked at the area over the previous weekend.

A gardens/fountain type area is likely to replace it, but I get the feeling a new ride will take up that space in the future, maybe not next year, but 2011?

Mike

Giga Poster
Alot of people moan about the image of Pleasure Beach and it is getting better each year, and to be fair, removing Superbowl is a step in the right direction.

they are replacing the Whip for next year. A new dodgems is going into that space

...Eh? :?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Not hard to understand Mike.

A smaller Dodgems attraction is going into the Whip building and will be run by HB Leisure.

The Superbowl removal is clearly to make room for something, but without any annoucements, nobody can say what its going to be yet.

Ben

CF Legend
Why are they replacing a ride, that was included in the wristbands, with another ride that is exactly the same, just on the other side of the park... and not included in the wristbands... "oh, it's not run by us..." ... "OH, **** off?"

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
For a change I agree with Ben...

So it's smaller, and will cos the guests more to go on? Well done Amanda, really do have a knack for this don't you?

Can we have that company that are now in charge of Kennywood please... They may have removed an old ride but at least something big is replacing it...

marc

CF Legend
What is more worrying is the new ride is being run by another company, is this the sign of things to come?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
marc said:
What is more worrying is the new ride is being run by another company, is this the sign of things to come?

Nope, due to the fact HB Leisure run the Swamp Buggies and Go Karts, and they have done so for a long time.

Ben

CF Legend
But, WHY REPLACE A RIDE THAT HAS PERFECTLY FINE CAPACITY WITH THE SAME, BUT PAY PER RIDE?!?!?!

It's ridiculous!

It's like if they suddenly went "actualllly... there's a new Shot Tower next to PMBO now, because we removed Ice Blast... but, this time... you get to... PAY EXTRA ON TOP OF THE WRISTBAND! YAY!"

**** off Blackpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.