Not open for further replies.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
The removal of Superbowl has begun;

P1090973.jpg

P1090979.jpg

P1100071.jpg

P1100036.jpg

There is no confirmed replacement as yet, but it is likely that something will be replacing it.

If its a new ride, or something along the lines of the fountain, I have no idea, to be honest, not many people do.

I will keep you updated over the closed season but dont forget to check our dedicated PBB site from time to time if I've gone a bit quiet on here!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Why? It's had its day and is ready to go.

Alot of people moan about the image of Pleasure Beach and it is getting better each year, and to be fair, removing Superbowl is a step in the right direction.

It is not the best thing to look at on entering the park.

If a new ride is going in, I guess we'll start hearing about it soon-ish.

Ben

CF Legend
Oh no, she's removing something crappy none of us cared about or ever rode, whatever shall I do with my life now!?!???!!?!?

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Thank god, the bruises I got from this bloody thing! So uncomfortable and seemed dangerous.

A fountain for a replacement would still be better imo! But another ride would be brill :)

peep

CF Legend
Well considering I've never noticed that building before I can safely say I don't really care about it's removal (actually, I could say that for pretty much everything there :p).

Be interesting to see what they'll do with the space though.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I know its not the most exciting update to post, but it makes a change from the usual PMBO re-track topic lol.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I've only ever ridden it once out of my 3 visits to the park over the years so I'm quite happy it's being removed. :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hahaha, I've got so many happy memories of those dodgems.

Oh well, out with the old and in with the new....

nadroJ

CF Legend
Memories from the Live in 08 <3

Hopefully something that isn't a fountain will happen. I don't mind old rides being removed but I do think it's sad when nostalgic things get replaced with shiny new things, it takes away some of the character I think. Unless they do it well like Adventure Island have.

marc

CF Legend
What a stupid sign to put up round a ride being removed.

"See it, feel it, love it" What see the empty space, feel the empty space, love the empty space lol.

It being removed does not bother me as I could not do them anyway. But it is yet again another ride being removed and the charge of the entry is not coming down to reflect it. I know people from CF actually said these were nasty but really good as well.

Can not see what they will put there, maybe a new flat ride or yet more benches.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the update Scott, I look forward to the new caviare bar or whatever is going to replace it ;)

(seriously, I do hope they get a new ride, finally).

nealbie

CF Legend
Fantastic! They've finally seen sense and are tearing the whole thing down. Insignificant piece by insignificant piece. Marvellous I say!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Oh no, she's removing something crappy none of us cared about or ever rode, whatever shall I do with my life now!?!???!!?!?

Yeah, exactly! I think it was the only ride at the Pleasure Beach that I never went on. It was only bloody Dodgems, and lets face, there's a hell of a lot of better stuff to do there than dodgems!!

I know its not the most exciting update to post, but it makes a change from the usual PMBO re-track topic lol.

LOL, there is still a lot of time left for that...

A

Anonymous

Every time I visited the park I always went on SB. Will miss it.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Pleasure Beach are wasting no time with this plot of land.

b81e9f78.jpg

As you can see, its opened up a massive amount of land for a new attraction of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.