What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Tenacious D on the 12th of december in Manchester, that'll be amazing - then Iron Maiden at the same place two days later, what a week! ;D

Almost

Hyper Poster
WuTang2k2 said:
Bamboozle, what ever is that?! And Linkin Park are playing? I thought they were on solstice until their next album?

Well there's Bamboozle which is held here in New Jersey (was formerly in Asbury Park, now in East Rutherford at the Meadowlands) and its a giant festival of music featuring 90 some-odd bands each year. The festival isn't until May 5th and 6th so I guess LP will be releasing their new CD by then.

2006's Line up here!

Lord Kotowa said:
Well i don't like MCR at all, but i wouldn't mind sitting at a festival to see them. I payed my money...

$75 for 90 bands is an amazing price and by the time they come on, I'll be so ****ing tired I wouldn't be able to stand the **** they play.

WuTang2k2

Roller Poster
Wow, Tool. Absolutely amazing.

I was very cautious, never properly even listened to the band, but luckily got a ticket from a lovely chap who sold it at face value.

Im now really into the band, great, clever, and interesting stuff. Vicarious and Aenema were amazing. Lovely fans. Great lasers too!

Anyone else go, perchance?

Kraken

Roller Poster
^ I envy you. Was that on their tour with Mastodon? I wanted to go to that so much but didn't find out tickets were on sale until it was too late. Plus with the current money situation, I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway.

WuTang2k2

Roller Poster
Sure was, I didnt like Mastadon though. Tool are epic! And so cool too, none of this emo bullshiz. They said they're back in summer though, so you've got a few months yet to save up the pennies :D

Just got my 4 Alexisonfire tickets, awesomeness! Hope to see some of you there in march!

Next gig is Skindred on Monday - anyone else wanna listen to some ragga-punk the tickets are still available! On at the best London venue too, Mean Fiddler.

Lain

Giga Poster
Lord Kotowa said:
You saw tool! Your gay! :D

If only i got into the sooner XD

I'm seeing Dragonforce tomorrow.

Don't expect too much, and you might come away happy.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
FYI - Muse have announced they're playing the new Wembley Stadium, June 16 2007. Tickets on sale this Saturday.

75000 Muse maniacs, and I'll be one of them :p

A

Anonymous

WuTang2k2 said:
Next gig is Skindred on Monday - anyone else wanna listen to some ragga-punk the tickets are still available! On at the best London venue too, Mean Fiddler.

Skindred are amazing! They supported Reel Big fish when I went.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Back from Lostprophets and was so suprised to how good that they actually were! They were incredible! Every review I read said that was terrible, so I'm extremely pleasantly suprised!

I'm now in the works in persuasion to see them again on their April tour, with support acts Aiden, and, oh my God Taking Back Sunday, who I would choose over Lostprophets any day.

On the subject of support bands actually being better than the headliner, my March My Chemical Romance tickets suddenly increased their sentimental value towards me now Thursday are supporting!

That's going to be amazing.

Tenacious D next Friday as well in Birmingham, I wish I was sitting down because I'm certain it'll be more like a panto than a gig! But still, really looking forward to it because it should be hillarious.

WuTang2k2

Roller Poster
Fool said:
WuTang2k2 said:

Skindred are amazing! They supported Reel Big fish when I went.

Bloody amazing indeed. The place was only half full but everyone mucked in and it was one of the best gigs ever! Balls to playing tracks back to back, Skindred play them in bits and peices, acoustic or full-on, stopping in the middle - its great!

peep

CF Legend
How comes I forgot all about this topic?

Anyways last Sat I saw Basement Jaxx at Wembley.

OMFG it was awesome, the atmosphere was electric and we left on a huge high (went with my mate and her family).

The band before were absolute turd which was annoying, lol, they didn't even get introduced and the singer kept doing this dodgy cripe after every song.

Anyways back to Basement Jaxx. In total there were 6-8 singers who were all amazing apart from the two rappers. There were three blokes on brass one bloke on bass guitar, one on electric guitar, two people on purcussion and some bloke on this little random instrument, and obviously the two DJs.

The sound system ruled and the bass was on max and just forced your body to move it was cool. We were in seating but it didn't matter because we all stood up and danced etc anyway.

Song highlights:

Romeo in acoustic, that was an amazing performance the singers voice was amazing and it just sounded so cool.
Put your hands up for LONDON, that was class, throughout the performance they would do remixes of new songs and they done put your hands up for Detoit but sang over Detroit to London which the crowd went skitz for, bloody awesome.
They also did a remix of Rudebox (I think it was) which sounded quite good.
They didn't just do random mixes and their new album, they also played all of their singles too which was class. Red Alert came on and the place just went psycho. Wheres your head at, well thats pretty self-explanitry really, everyone dancing and singing along, it was really electrifying. The last song they played was Bingo Bango and was just amazing, they had all the performers on stage and the crowd went into over-hype mode and as they all left the stage they played the Bond theme which was random but sounded so damn cool on that sound system.

The next gig I know I'm going to is the Feeling, tad random and its not till March, but I might go to another gig between now and then (well I hope so lol).

Kraken

Roller Poster
bezzzzzer said:
Tenacious D next Friday as well in Birmingham, I wish I was sitting down because I'm certain it'll be more like a panto than a gig! But still, really looking forward to it because it should be hillarious.
I'm more than happy to swap with you, we have seats at the back though. First things first we have to work out how to get back without sleeping on a bench at New Street til 5am. It's not looking good.

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Ah Muse! I'll be right with you Slayed, 9.01am, phone and internet, all trying to get through! that will be such an awesome gig, first in Wembely too!

Kraken

Roller Poster
Just booked all of the coach tickets to Maiden on the 22nd and finally got rid of the last ticket. Man am I starting to get psyched now! This next two weeks is going to be amazing concert wise and with everything else that is going on.

Anyone else going to Maiden on the 22nd at Earls Court?

A

Anonymous

Madness were amazing on thursday.. Best band i've ever seen live.. Incredible.