What's new

Ghosterforce 7 Trip Reports

Rach

Giga Poster
I've been stupidly busy since getting back from Chessington, hence why it as taken me until now to get the the photos up.

pa262908.jpg

Good day at Chessie though, lovely to see everyone again and especially nice to see Taylor over. :D

The rain could've done with ****ing off for longer than what it did, but it's not Ghosterforce without some form of rain.

Thanks to Tom for the lift to and from Reading, Mark for fab organisation once again, Ian for glowsticks and arranging the track walk with Chessie, Chessie for said track walk and ERT and also everyone that provided sugar!

If I find some time anytime soon, I'll try and craft a full report.

Small amount of photos can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8 ... 63733ac875

jayjay

Giga Poster
Can't believe this is the second Ghosterforce I've missed. Would have loved to go and met Taylor and seen Gingerbread man on Samurai. Uni does have a habit of getting in the way of stuff like this. Hopefully I'll see everybody next year then.

Leigh, your video had better be awesome. :p

Karen

Hyper Poster
Waiting for your vid too Leigh especially as I am not making one for this! Didn't even use me camera!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Haha well its a long way off yet! :) Only just planning out the Intro sequence after scrapping the original idea I had in store... but it will be done no matter how long it takes!

nealbie

CF Legend
Enigma Shadow said:
Haha, I've just remembered how much me and Neal were laughing at Will on the flying elephants thing. Quoting Neal, Will looked "like a Nazi hunkered down in a trench". That, along with the constant elephant floor bouncing, made one HECK of a hilarious ride.

Turns out "Nazi Will" has become one of my favourite past-times and most frequent sayings these days...... XD

And that inappropriately bouncing elephant ride would give even THIS guy a run for his money....

6409_1140697490671_1624451491_371665_7048473_n.jpg

Anyone remember Orkl? Me and Richard sure do! ;)

Steven

Giga Poster
Well I just got home. Thanks for fun at Thorpe and the track walk at chessy. Will right a full trip report later been up at least 37 hours straight now :( . But thanks to all for making it worth while.

benjybobs

Roller Poster
Steven said:
Well I just got home. Thanks for fun at Thorpe and the track walk at chessy. Will right a full trip report later been up at least 37 hours straight now :( . But thanks to all for making it worth while.

What on earth have you been doing, Did the make up take nearly 37 hours to remove lol.

Here is my Thorpe part of my trip report! Chessy to come later!

Day 4

Day four was to be a day of meeting people who I have wanted to meet for absolute ages, and seeing people who I haven't seen in a while. Not to mention CREDS!

The morning started off a little bit rough. We had set the alarm to about an hour before we were to leave, but being the lazy motha****as that we are, both accidentally fell back asleep. Luckily, I woke up with twenty minutes to get ready before Darren was going to pick us up. Despite the traffic and everything, we got there on time after a two hour car journey.

GEDC1901.jpg

Once there, the first person I saw was Ciall, one of the CFers I talk to quite often! Being excited, I gave him a huge hug and accidentally almost knocked both of us down. I also saw Ben and Chris, but eventually we all had to split and wait for everyone to get their tickets, etc. At the official meeting point, it was fab. I got to see everyone who I had been wanting to see for soo long! I also got to see some of the costumes which were all awesome!

GEDC1902.jpg

GEDC1903.jpg

GEDC1904.jpg

I had to get a pic with Gingy considering Gingy is my favourite animated character in anything.

GEDC1905.jpg

Ben was looking amazing as well!

GEDC1907.jpg

GEDC1909.jpg

GEDC1910.jpg

I had to try a Percy Pig!

GEDC1911.jpg

My first glimpse inside the park.

GEDC1912.jpg

Me and Ollie!

GEDC1913.jpg

GEDC1918.jpg

GEDC1919.jpg

GEDC1920.jpg

Will looking fab!

GEDC1921.jpg

After a long "hello" session, we made our way to Nemesis Inferno, which had about a one hour wait. The line went by very fast though, with naughty texting to Thorpe park, "muff" film names, Erol's chest hair, me generally being a pig and eating a crapload of candy, etc. Since my opinions are AMAAAZZING, I decided I will do individual reviews of each coaster.

Nemesis Inferno- I think the coaster doesn't get the praise it deserves. It's by no means outstanding, but it's definitely a good inverted coaster. To be fair I don't remember too much of it, but I did like it and I'd probabaly rank my B&M inverts like this:

1. Nemesis
2. Afterburn
3. Le Vampire
4. Batman: the Ride - St Louis
5. Batman: the Ride - Great America
6. Batman: the Ride - Great Adventure
7. Great Bear
8. Patriot/Nemesis Inferno
9. Alpengeist
10. Raptor

So pretty much average.

GEDC1924.jpg

GEDC1923.jpg

GEDC1925.jpg

GEDC1926.jpg

GEDC1927.jpg

GEDC1928.jpg

GEDC1930-1.jpg

GEDC1931.jpg

GEDC1932.jpg

GEDC1935.jpg

GEDC1936.jpg

GEDC1937.jpg

GEDC1942.jpg

GEDC1938.jpg

GEDC1939.jpg

After Nemesis Inferno, half of us went to the Banana ride, where I saw Infernus, one of my first ever friends from CF, who refused me a hug, RUDE. Well, the ride broke down once we were on it, so I didn't get my Banana ride cred, but oh well.

GEDC1943.jpg

Then it was off to Stealth, which had about a fourty minute wait, that once again did not feel long at all. I sat with Ciall and he got an on ride photo.

Stealth- I liked it quite a bit.. The launch is really forceful, and though it doesn't make my top ten like its bigger brothers, it's still a decent ride. It also flies over the tophat and gives airtime, something that both Dragster and Ka don't do. Not sure where it fits into my rankings, but it was my third favourite UK coaster.

GEDC1922.jpg

GEDC1941.jpg

GEDC1945.jpg

GEDC1946.jpg

Obligatory shot!

GEDC1948.jpg

GEDC1950.jpg

Ginge is ready to ride!

GEDC1951.jpg

After Stealth we all split for lunch. Brad took me to get my Flying Fish and X:/NoWayOut creds, despite his state of starvation. Flying Fish was a walkon and XNWO had like a fourty minute line.

Flying Fish- It made us both dizzy, and was nothing more than a cred.

X:/NoWayOut- Not as bad as people say but I can see why people call it X:/WTF. It really is a bit odd, considering you go backwards for like, three seconds and then continuously hit brakes. Either way, after I was in line for it Brad realized it was my 200th coaster, which is annoying but oh well :p .

After lunch it was time to do Samurai. As much as I loved it and as much as the queue line was fun (I just remember like, laughing hysterically when Gavin made fun of my scarecrow Halloween costume), I kinda wish I stayed off so I could see Gingy ride it! It's one of my favourite flats though so I am glad I rode.

Then it was time for Saw! I wasn't sure what to expect from this because even though people said it was crappy and I don't really like Eurofighters, I thought the theme was cool. We waited in line for what had to be over like, an hour, and after some fun pumpkin volleyball and me being scared ****less of whatever the blast of noise was in the indoor part of the line, we were on!

GEDC1952.jpg

GEDC1954.jpg

Saw: the Ride- I liked it.. They put effort into the theming, and it was a much better ride then Mystery Mine at Dollywood. Wasn't as horrible and rough as people say, nothing outstanding obviously and nothing that will make my top thirty, but it's rerideable for sure.

After Saw, we took our group photos (one of which was inappropriate, thanks to the dirty minds of Brad/Erol), and then we split to do mazes and whatever else. Darren got me, Loefet, and Brad fasttracks to the Colossus line, my last cred of the day, and ten minutes later we were on.

GEDC1953.jpg

Colossus- Booo, I really didn't like it. It just made me feel generally dizzy and unpleasant. Wasn't really rough to be fair, but it was just a lame ride.

Then we were gonna go to Asylum, but by the time we got there everybody was already out, so we went to Seven instead, where I led the way as I'm so brave and amazing. Too bad the maze sucked.

GEDC1957.jpg

GEDC1958.jpg

GEDC1956.jpg

Then Jordan and Sam gave me and Brad a lift to Travelodge.

GEDC1960.jpg

GEDC1961.jpg

GEDC1962.jpg

GEDC1963.jpg

Then it was time for bed, for an early start in the morning for Vampire track walk!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
First up, apologies for the delay in getting photos and the like uploaded. Last week was pretty manic, and between Ghosterforce, trips to Manchester and trying to get some sleep in somewhere, I’ve only just got around to sorting everything out.

The Thorpe day was pretty good, all things considered. Sure it was busy, and Thorpe got off to a pretty bad start to the day with Stealth being unavailable and Inferno being on one train for the first hour or so (both of which were quickly resolved, but entirely preventable, adding to my feeling that despite improved reliability Thorpe still don’t really give a **** about their visitors), but pretty much all the rides worked, the queues were tolerable, the company fantastic and the costumes just plain amazing.

Highlights has to include members of the general public wanting photographs with costumed CFers, the hilarity of Gingerbread Man on Samurai and the inflatable pumpkin in the Saw queue. Low points include the cold weather, having freezing feet after being exposed to the small lake in the front of the boat on Loggers’ Leap, and the group essentially disbanding after about 7:30.

I’m with Joey on this one – it really wasn’t clear who was doing what after the costume competition result, and it’d be nice in future to try to at least give the remaining people an opportunity to stay together, rather than leaving the remaining people bemused and wondering “where’s everyone gone?”

As for Chessington, the 5:30am start was pretty horrific, but well worth it. Once again, the park was busy, and the weather was horribly cold and damp, but with all the fun, antics and laid-back atmosphere, everyone was in high spirits.

Highlights of the Chessington day had to include:
  • The behind the scenes tour of Vampire.
  • The Safari hats – great for keeping the rain off (cheers Ian) and giving everyone a good laugh as trainloads of CFers went flying past, hanging on to avoid losing them.
  • Inflatable hammers – live entertainment.
  • Mysterious Sue and AJ singing Doctor Jones in the Dragon Falls station.
  • The Peep boat.
  • Both Kobra and Dragon’s Fury running really well in the rain.
  • The flying elephants bouncing along at ground level.
    [YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj5oFPb6VAw[/YouTube]
  • Glow sticks. Lots of glow sticks!
  • The joys of Bubbleworks – dancing through the station like a maniac, loaded with glow sticks, packing as many people into a boat as possible, participating in a four boat pile up, and riding the huge wave after the fat boat came down the drop.
  • The joys of the pirate ship. “Coaster”, “Force”, “Ian”, “Bell”!
  • Night rides on Vampire. Amazing fun.
There’s also something to be said for going to bed at the hotel after such and amazing day, and having a huge room be lit dimly by the light from all the glow sticks.

It was great to finally meet Taylor and Loefet, even if I didn’t get much chance to talk to you guys. Hopefully I’ll see you guys again at a future Live, whether in the UK or abroad.

Thanks for a fantastic 2010 season everyone. Roll on the 2011 lives!

Thorpe Pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6 ... 94fc987f6e

Chessington Pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6 ... bc2d8cef3c

Haha the video of the bouncing elephants is amusing. I kinda wish I rode them now, but the rain and cold put me in no mood to want to ride much really, which is why I sat out a lot.

It was great to finally meet Taylor and Loefet, even if I didn’t get much chance to talk to you guy

Yah that's the only downside I find to bigger lives, you don't get the chance to talk with everyone as much as you'd like!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Woman on Pile of Ship at CWoA: Is this some sort of stag-do?
Stone Cold: Yes. I'm getting married in the morning. To Nic.

:lol: I've been giggling over that for the past 10 minutes.

Chessie

The day started off early, with a funny mistake on Brad's part. We got up at like 6:33 and and he said "OMG we're late we were meant to be leaving at 6:30am", so we went down to the parking lot after rushing to get ready (I didn't even have enough time to put makeup on or anything) only for Marc to tell us that we weren't leaving for another hour. So I went back up and got ready, and then we left on time with Jordan and Sam.. And poor Ian's car wouldn't start!

GEDC1964.jpg

When we got there, I realized it was cold, but I was excited for the track walk despite being tired. What can I say besides the fact that it was really interesting and cool, and the guy was really nice! I never got to do any kind of behind the scenes of anything before, so I thought it was great, besides the one room with all the mechanisms that he explained. I think like, three people asked me "Taylor did you understand ANY of that" once we left the room.. An insult to my intelligence! Of COURSE I understood it.. Not.

GEDC1965.jpg

GEDC1967.jpg

GEDC1969.jpg

GEDC1971.jpg

GEDC1972.jpg

GEDC1973.jpg

GEDC1975.jpg

GEDC1976.jpg

GEDC1978.jpg

GEDC1979-1.jpg

GEDC1980.jpg

GEDC1981.jpg

GEDC1983.jpg

GEDC1984.jpg

GEDC1985.jpg

GEDC1986.jpg

GEDC1987.jpg

GEDC1988.jpg

GEDC1989.jpg

GEDC1992.jpg

So after the track walk we were informed that the coaster would open later and that we would get to cut the queue a few times, yay! After funtimes eating candy, slurping hot chocolate, taking pictures with random characters, and having hammer fights, we went to Runaway Mine Train next, or whatever it's called, and I thought it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the safari hats and for some reason got all giggley and couldn't stop when Gavin dropped his. Obviously not an amazing coaster, but good enough!

GEDC1994.jpg

GEDC1996.jpg

GEDC1997.jpg

Then we went to Rattlesnake, where I rode with Sam, Jordan, and Brad.. Walking around the park really surprised me because, like I said to a few people, I expected Chessington to be like a stupid little petting zoo with some rides slapped in the middle of it, but it's actually a very nice park. Rattlesnake was, well, average but it scared me as any coaster with hairpin turns does!

GEDC1998.jpg

GEDC1999.jpg

I think we were going to Rameses Revenge next, which I was going to sit out of due to being freezing. It was closed anyway, so we rode Tomb Blasters. This was such a fun queue, even though it was super long! I liked the hammer fight with Neal, especially when I thwacked him in the face. Then the long discussions with Ben and Chris, which involved Canadians being made fun of. All I have to say to them is BLEGHHHHMERGHHHHERGHHHBLEGH and milk in a bag <3 Tomb Blasters was a pretty cool shooter, but I disliked how hard it was the press the trigger on the gun, which is CLEARLY why I lost to Brad by like, 7,000 points or so. :(

GEDC2000.jpg

Random but they're ADORABLE.

We then went for lunch after this, deciding on Pizza and Pasta buffet which had a long line, but it ended up being not so long and the pizza was yummy. And so was the half a plate of random pineapple pieces that I ate <3

After lunch it got pretty cold out and I can't really remember what we did next. Pretty sure we went to Dragon Falls to get prizes and whatnot (my huge yellow bag of win), then some people rode it while the pansies who dislike the cold all stood in a giant dryer to keep warm. I also think I got two or three ribs crushed in it, but good times none-the-less.

GEDC2003.jpg

GEDC2004.jpg

I think we went to Wild Asia after this, where some people rode the Disk-O thing or whatever it's called. Of course, I got tricked into standing in front of the elephant thing, which was really neat but was annoying when it sprayed out water, not that it mattered since I already looked like a drowned sewer rat thanks to the rain :p . A few of us opted to go on the bumper cars instead, which was amusing times. I have AMAZING bumper car skills and Brad insulted them, saying I'm a horrible driver as if bumper cars is any indication of driving skill. Seeing Richard's car get stuck was awesome, too <3

GEDC2006.jpg

GEDC2009.jpg

Dragon's Fury was the third cred of the day for me, and even though the line was longish and cold, soon enough we were on our way up. The cars were reduced to two people each because of the rain and stuff, but because of all this we got an amaaazing spin! It's definitely the best spinner I have ever been on!

GEDC2012.jpg

We did some random rides after this, such as some random car ride and the Pink Elephants, both of which I sat out on, opting to enjoy candy/sweets and hot chocolate instead. Richard tried to get me on the carousel, but I wasn't stupid.. I saw the spinny cups of doom and decided I'd rather NOT get sick!

It was getting dark then, so it was time for GLOWSTICKS. Everyone else was building their fab chains and I couldn't even figure out how to get them to stay in a circle for the life of me, but eventually I got it, and we all looked awesome! Since Bubbleworks is indoors, we went there next and had funtimes on that! I love the looks we got in the station and from random people.

The second last ride of the day was the Black Buccaneer before Vampire line cuttage was to happen. Our chant was "Coaster Force Ian Bell" and even though I HATE pirate ships, it was very fun being with a bunch of weirdos like myself :p .

After a pee break, we headed to Vampire. I was glad as it had gotten a bit warmer by then, even though my shoes were absolute swamps and still smell like cheese to this day. I had three goes on it, two with Brad and one with my Sloshpocket, AJ! Funtimes screaming bad words on it :p . The ride was really fun, I didn't expect it to be that fun to be honest, or that intense for a family ride!

After Vampire we went through some whack walkthrough thing, which wasn't even scary at all, but oh well at least they put effort into it. Then to some cauldron thing which I didn't see the point of!

Then the sadtime happened of leaving everyone! So I gave hugs, and parted ways after an awesome two days <3

peep

CF Legend
Joey I am way too busy at the moment. However I plan to make this weekend my editing videos weekend. There also isn't much footage but hopefully I'll be able to pull something out the bag. For the meantime have a trip report....

Tuesday 26th October 2010

Not being able to make the Thorpe day of the Live I was really hoping my favourite UK park was going to provide an awesome day but at like 5am it felt like it would have to be the best park visit ever to make the early start seem understandable. It was going to be a very long day and I was so tired. I got ready though and managed to somehow leave on time, getting my train with time to spare. Once at Waterloo I had a little wait so I rewarded my achievement at getting up and ready on time by grabbing a lovely hot chocolate from Costas. Did I mention it was freezing out? No, well it was, glad I was wearing stupid amounts of layers under my 'safari' (read as casual) outfit.

After the train journey I was finally at Chessington South. On my walk from the station to the park I randomly met MouseAT. I think I went on at him about the temperature and how early I had to wake up to get to the park on time. When we arrived at the car park there were a few other CFers hanging around. We started to appreciate the lovely red skyline and the reflection in the hotel windows.

71643_10150288043370360_529160359_15293361_6843871_n.jpg

After a while Beans and I decided that we couldn't wait any longer and headed to the loos inside the hotel. It was nice and warm in the hotel but I thought it was best we joined back up with everyone else in the car park. The group was getting bigger all the time and we were already having buckets of sweets being offered to us courtesy of Mark. Large sugar intake was a clever plan for all of us lol.

It got to 8am and we were let into the ticket area. This is where we then waited for a little while for peeps to get tickets sorted.

67470_10150288043465360_529160359_15293362_6823898_n.jpg

74499_10150288043560360_529160359_15293363_7922135_n.jpg

Once everyone was ready we were taken over to Transylvania where we were greeted by the head engineer for Area 1 of the park. He told us what he does at the park and about some safety rules for when we walk around the legendary Vampire coaster. The first area we were taken around was the brake run at the end of the ride where he discussed how many parts there are in just one train and some info about the brake run and how the system for the ride operates. He also told us about some of the changes they had to make in the building when they changed the trains in 2001.

73619_10150288044185360_529160359_15293378_7613847_n.jpg

We then progressed round to the transfer track just before the station. He then demonstrated how the track changes and what would happen if the ride was not controlled properly. It was pretty cool and probably something I'll never get to see again.

72243_10150288044470360_529160359_15293381_1952646_n.jpg

I liked the way he was talking to us about everything, was very informative and geeky but in a way anyone could understand. You could also tell he really knew what he was on about.

It was now time to walk into the station area. He opened up the restraints for us to sit in the seats and have our pictures taken etc. He then showed those of us interested the control panel and what each button does, was pretty cool.

68709_10150288044715360_529160359_15293384_3393728_n.jpg

67199_10150288045100360_529160359_15293389_4788070_n.jpg

33458_10150288045705360_529160359_15293401_6944112_n.jpg

67782_10150288045975360_529160359_15293407_1407784_n.jpg

We then exited the station and went to one of the middle sections. He talked alot about the changes made to the surroundings when the trains were changed. That's all I heard in this section of the tour really, he also handed out some fact sheets for the ride.

74425_10150288046120360_529160359_15293408_7713687_n.jpg

67203_10150288046545360_529160359_15293411_4127935_n.jpg

He then showed some of us the machine room for the ride and explained all the geeky bits about what controls what on the ride, very informative.

It was then time to walk round to the second lift hill. One of the trains was sitting just before it so we talked more about the trains and how they secure them to the track over night, he also informed us about the lasers at the bottom of the lift hill that tells the computer that the train has reached the lift hill, was quite cool.

69439_10150288046890360_529160359_15293413_3174519_n.jpg

67636_10150288047195360_529160359_15293417_2353013_n.jpg

We then moved into the tunnel, good timing too as it was starting to drizzle. He talked about the tunnel and then asked if we had any questions, not many were asked but he did explain everything so well. We then had our group photos taken in the tunnel which was cool.

67293_10150288047895360_529160359_15293422_5554356_n.jpg

73851_10150288048275360_529160359_15293424_7161335_n.jpg

After the photos he then left us to roam the area and ask him questions for the remaining time. He was a really cool guy and I loved the attention CF are getting from the park, very awesome. I took a few pics in the area:

73850_10150288048340360_529160359_15293425_8155344_n.jpg

33658_10150288048410360_529160359_15293426_7248869_n.jpg

33636_10150288048525360_529160359_15293427_458268_n.jpg

The park was now open to the public so we said goodbye to the Chessington staff and headed over to the meeting point for those that couldn't make the special tour. Some went in search of coffee while others just topped up on sugar-based sweets. I admired the halloween theming in the Market Square area...

71512_10150288048740360_529160359_15293431_4453040_n.jpg

74117_10150288048830360_529160359_15293432_4977844_n.jpg

73706_10150288048920360_529160359_15293433_5595791_n.jpg

74126_10150288049040360_529160359_15293434_7854326_n.jpg

I then spotted a new halloween character called Halloweenie, he was awesome and mischievous, I just had to have my pic taken with him. The cool bat character was also out so obviously pics were taken of him too :p

71932_10150288049375360_529160359_15293440_1741719_n.jpg

33920_10150288049455360_529160359_15293441_6152121_n.jpg

66615_10150288049650360_529160359_15293443_5859977_n.jpg

73257_10150288049745360_529160359_15293445_1279542_n.jpg

74398_10150288049830360_529160359_15293446_1558008_n.jpg

When some of us returned to the meeting point after character entertainment we noticed everyone was getting safari hats courtesy of Mr Ian. Was really cool seeing everyone else in safari hats too.

73846_10150288049890360_529160359_15293447_614020_n.jpg

69467_10150288050050360_529160359_15293449_2119114_n.jpg

Ian had also purchased some inflatable hammers from the Chessie shop which provided lots of entertainment. Somehow Richard got 2?

74348_10150288050135360_529160359_15293451_8134732_n.jpg

73147_10150288050325360_529160359_15293455_3311121_n.jpg

Once everyone had arrived (well nearly everyone, Will and Neal were yet to be seen) we moved on to our first ride of the day, Runaway Mine Train. It was a fun ride with several of the hats Ian purchased flying off, one landed near the camera for the on-ride and we all tried to reach for it as we went past. It was amusing but unfortunately none of our arms were long enough to catch the hat.

We then moved on to Rattlesnake where there was a little bit of a queue, made a lot longer with the mass of CFers joining it, I believe Neal and Will had also joined us by now. I was at the back of the queue but it went by quite quickly. They were only letting a max of 2 adults per car which was annoying, oh wells. Mushy decided to wear a face mask of Ian for the on-ride which he then purchased.

Some peeps wanted to ride Ramses next but just as they entered the queue it was announced that it was broken and so the group moved on to my favourite ride in the park, Tomb Blaster. The queue was long but with plenty of CF antics time flew by.

39562_10150288051010360_529160359_15293465_2000927_n.jpg

71586_10150288051115360_529160359_15293468_3672914_n.jpg

71950_10150288051320360_529160359_15293475_2533812_n.jpg

My score, yes I play this a lot and that is, for me, not a good score :p

The smell of the chicken place had made everyone hungry by this point so lunch times occurred next. Originally I joined in with the Pizza pasta buffet group but looking at the queue I opted out and joined the 'I don't like queues or pizza' group. We ended up at the Greedy Goblin. It was busy but we managed to get a table for the seven of us (Mysterious Sue, Rach, Rush, Will, Joey, Tim and man I can't think of his name man and I apologize, therefore you will be known as Curious Man). The food came mysteriously quickly and to me the food tasted fine. However the food was not good enough for the taste buds of Tim which resulted in him assaulting Joey with a chip kebab.

33584_10150288051425360_529160359_15293477_6514632_n.jpg

73151_10150288051500360_529160359_15293478_5395751_n.jpg

74314_10150288051615360_529160359_15293481_5076820_n.jpg

This clearly amused Will

This clearly wasn't enough action for one meal. Mysterious Sue decided that ketchup was her sauce of the day but I don't think she intended on getting it all over he leg :p

33612_10150288051690360_529160359_15293483_1740127_n.jpg

Saucy Sue was being saucy :p

We was meant to have a fair bit of time left before meeting back up at Falls. So Tim, Joey, Will and I decided to journey into the Wanyama area. We spotted Meerkats..

73657_10150288052795360_529160359_15293492_6638730_n.jpg

Joey decided to lose his hat over the electric fence...

33623_10150288053535360_529160359_15293495_686103_n.jpg

We said hello to the Zebra...

69468_10150288053730360_529160359_15293496_6541263_n.jpg

We were rained on...

67682_10150288053980360_529160359_15293506_1588278_n.jpg

And then we played with the musical items in the area. Tim also got out his cool gadget which somehow plays really loud music but it's so small. He put it one end of the red tube thing and we all listened to the music at the other end, we were easily amused.

We then made our trek to the meet up, diverting to the Market Square area for toilet based activities. I met yet another cool character...

74582_10150288054040360_529160359_15293510_2110029_n.jpg

We also bumped into family of Karen who seemed especially happy despite the very glum weather that was happening. We moved on as a group to the meeting point outside Dragon Falls. We were a bit late to the meetup but oh wells, everyone else was kind enough to wait for us. (on a side note, it'll be a while for more photos to appear, it rained, my camera hides in this weather)

The faffle happened and although I didn't win anything sometimes there were amusing items up for grabs like the signed ORP, I thought that was epic, congrats Marc, I is very jealous :p

The park had given CF a mass of fast track tickets for Falls but due to the inclement weather on show the queue was empty anyway so we just walked into the queue as normal. Mushy kept making sure I was in his boat and organised a small group to be in the boat. I knew straight away that he was planning to use masks of me for the ORP because I knew Maddie was thinking up something similar. Bless, he tried his hardest to keep it a secret till the drop :p The photo be flying around somewhere in the ORPs area of the forum. My arms got drenched on the drop as there was no room to hold on so they were on the side where all the water rushes up, this involved dirt from the water invaded my white sleeves and making my arms very cold :(

We then moved on to Wild Asia. They had some cool voodoo dolls around the area for Halloween, they looked cool. Annoyingly the weather was just getting worse which made me opt out of Kobra, along with a few others. Some went and saw the Lorikeets but I went off with Richard and Co for dodgems amusement.

Will was borrowing Ian's safari hat due to the weather (Ian had resulted to a poncho by this point). The queue was quite long and nothing of interest really happened apart from the occasional attack of randomness. However we only just managed to get on at the same time but it did mean I had to share with someone, I chose Will. We nearly didn't fit in the same car due to our bags but we found a way.

Before we began the staff announced that we shouldn't go near the edges, we didn't really know why. However we were pretty much on the edge already and as soon as it started we knew why they announced that. We barely moved, just sat there being attacked from every angle, we then slowly managed to move and away we went. After a while Neal rammed into us, then burst into hysterics shouting "Will looks like a Nazi" to which everyone started laughing at. After that and then seeing Richard whacking peeps with one of the inflatable hammers from earlier on in the day. This had me along with Neal's excited discovery of Will looking like a WWI Nazi had me crying with laughter, other peeps on the ride must have wondered what the hell was going on lol.

After we got off we had more lol times about Will and then a soft ball was found on the floor. This clearly meant that baseball had to occur with Richard's inflatable hammer. The first few attempts failed much to our amusement and then bam, he hits the ball and it goes on to the roof above the ice cream place in Wild Asia, the staff couldn't stop laughing, especially when the ball somehow managed to find its way back off the roof and on to the floor. This meant Richard had to try and hit it again and he did. The ball went back on to the roof and didn't come back down :(

After the group got back together Dragons Fury was called. I'm not keen on riding Fury in the rain as it can sting quite badly. So I opted out and sat with Ian, Nic and Mushy. At one point Mushy Mark and I went for a drink and cake at Cafe Nero. Somehow Mushy managed to get some mass ring of chocolate from the cup. I didn't really notice until we met back up with Ian and Nic. We should've been good peeps and pointed out straight away but it was just so funny, sorry Mushy but it was.

After ages everyone was only just getting into the station. Nic suggested using her spazz band to get on the ride via the exit, I said I'd join her. We walked straight on and Richard shouted something at us from the other side of the station. It was only us two in the car and for the first half of the ride we span like mad, quite rare to get such an epic spin.

Everyone then met back up at the exit of Fury. In a random turn of events our next ride was Toadies. I went on with Joey, Tim and Will. Tim got his little music device again and we tried to find the most random song to dance to on the ride. I think we achieved this well, choosing a Lady gaga song. One of the most random but hilarious moments ever, I'll never forget that ride.

It was then decided that the next ride would be Flying Jumbos. I opted out as the rain was becoming a bit silly. I sheltered with everyone else in Cafe Nero. Apparently it was an amusing ride for those that did ride.

We were owning the kids rides by this point so why stop? Our next ride was the carousel. I was hoping that Richard would get Taylor in the spinny car, it feels almost like something everyone has to go through at some point. However Taylor refused to, a very clever move but it was a shame for the rest of us. In the end nothing exciting really happened but near the end I did see AJ run to a different horse and just as he got on it the ride announced it was stopping, AJ got spited by the carousel. :p

It was dark and this meant the arrival of the glow sticks. There were just so many glowsticks, everywhere I looked I just saw hundreds of glowsticks. It was an amazing sight, always a highlight of Ghosterforce. Then, out of nowhere, Tim's amazing Cyber Cobra costume was placed on Mysterious Sue for one of the most hilarious moments of the day. It was just such an epic costume and it dwarfed Sue, when she started dancing, that was it, I was in hysterics again.

74494_10150288054215360_529160359_15293522_8298255_n.jpg

Now covered in glowsticks we were ready to hit another ride. Next on the agenda was Bubbleworks. There wasn't really a queue (most of the park had emptied by this point due to the weather) and we just created a CF party in there. Having mexican wave times in the indoor part of the queue was epic. We then found ourselves squeezing lots of peeps into one boat. I was in a boat with Rach, Rush, Mini Tom and MouseAT. We were strangely evened out but we managed to catch up with the other CFer tubs very quickly. In no time at all we had a train of 4 or 5 CF tubs. Was quite a sight. On the lift hats were being thrown to different tubs and stuff, if was rather amusing. We then went down the drop. We didn't get that wet or create much of a splash but it was amusing just seeing the finale room just full of CFers getting wet from the fountains. I got the ORP:

72544_10150288843205360_529160359_15306157_2554145_n.jpg

Yes, mini Tom's glowstick thing was epic.

We then met back up with the head engineer who took us up the exit of Vampire for some special ERT-type riding. They allocated a train just for us and we all got at least one ride. I managed two, it was amazing in the dark with all the fantastic lighting in the area and all the smoke, mass really effective and cool. The ride op was really awesome too, kept shouting Coasterforce over the tannoy and saying really cool creepy stuff, he has been one of the best staff members at the park all year and I so hope he returns next season.

Well after all our Vampire fun we went to do Buccaneer. I didn't go on as I wanted to film it off ride. The shouting contest was the best it has ever been. Especially with the whole Ian...Bell. He was standing next to me and he seemed really over-whelmed by it, was uber cool.

After everyone gathered all their belongings we walked through the black forest haunt. It would seem it doesn't really work with 40 CFers walking through it at the same time. They have also changed it ALOT since last year and unfortunately not for the better. Oh well at the end of it I bumped into my Favourite Entertainments lady who I quickly caught up with, I said good bye and then caught up with the rest of the group outside Burger King for glowstick group photo. It was at this point that one of the management team that some of us met earlier in the year walked past and said a quick hello.

We then went for a final ride on Vampire. We literally walked straight through to the station. There wasn't much of a wait and then we were on. A fantastic way to end the day, it was running really well, very fast at the right moments and just very cool again with the lights.

We then headed to outside Hocus Pocus Hall for the farewell speech. I have to admit that it wasn't as emotional as it has been in previous years, maybe it's because I've learnt I always keep on meeting up with CFers throughout the closed season? But it was still a nice way to end a fantastic day. We then all made our separate ways home.

Thanks to everyone who made it such an amazing day, thanks to Mark for the organisation, Ian for handing out all the goodies causing much hilarity. Thanks to anyone who brought sweets to the party as sugar + CFers = more amusement. Sorry to those I didn't speak to that much etc, I think I was so tired and overwhelmed that most of the day I was very quiet. It was obviously very cool seeing certain peeps again and was great meeting some I haven't met before, hope to see you at future meets/Lives!

Thanks for reading :D

Tom

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Urgh....I wish to shed this title. I am taller than Jordan, but do you call her mini Jordan? Nooooo........ :)

Awesome report peep, it was amazing! Plus that ORP is intense....