What's new

Ghosterforce 7 Trip Reports

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If you're not too scared to type without trembling, post your trip reports here (you lucky bunch).

Who was the best cartoon character? How were the rides? Did anyone come dressed as a clap-ridden snow Mexican?

Let us all know here please.

Tom

Hyper Poster
So much fun, so many people and a whole lot of good times...Awesome times with a great bunch of people, and it was really nice to finally meet Taylor. The only thing that let down the trip is that we did it at Thorpe. Why do we still go there exactly? Thorpe's bad organisational skills led to me having to wait 40 minutes for tickets in the wrong queue before figuring out where I actually had to go....I'm not going to do a full trip report, as Will can do that well...

Costumes: best they've ever been....Steven was terrifying, Leigh had an awesomely designed costume and Mushy's Mario made some kids laugh and others cry. Ride count was awfully low, Hellgate has reverted back to being terrible and it says something about Thorpe when I say that the most fun attraction there was 'Dead End Terror' (it was hilarious).
Highlights of the day:
- seeing everybody again (if that counts :) )
- inflatable pumpkin in Saw queue
- the evil red hand of gropage
- Belgium jazz ever so slightly
- GINGERBREAD MAN!!!!
- being 'suave' on Stealth
- the costume car on Saw

Awesome day, but why did it have to be at Thorpe?

marc

CF Legend
Fantastic day at Thorpe.

Was nice to meet Taylor and see everyone I have not seen in ages.

Roll on tomorrow.

Jake

Strata Poster
Wait, Taylor went?

Hope everyone had fun... GF 2009 was so amazing, it was a shame to miss this one. Perhaps next year when i'm in the country <3.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah.

Had a good day at Thorpe yesterday. We barely got on any rides though. I think by 3pm we'd only done Inferno and Stealth.
Had quite a few laughs and it was nice to meet everyone again as it's my first live this year.
Was nice to meet a few new faces as well like Taylor (thanks for the poster).

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Taylor told me to talk slower as she couldn't understand me...

Sorry for my chav accent, although I have been told it has toned down a bit.

Mark

Strata Poster
In the car on the way home now. Had an amazing couple of days, both of them! Thorpe was thorpe but everyone got through it and it was a chilled day, certainly not the worst its been. You guys have a knack for making queues interesting! Yes, there is ALWAYS a positive side!

Chessie was fabbie but rainy but classy as always. The vampy track walk was grandie. Seeing everyone in safari hatties brought smilies to my facey!

I actually got a little emmotional in the car park saying good bye, something that hasnt happened in a few years!

Thanks all again for a fabulous couple of days and for being the best bunch of nutters to be at a theme park with. Much love.

More in depth report soon :)

Tom

Hyper Poster
Another great day, queues mostly short and lots of great antics.
Highlights:
- track walk was insanely awesome!!!
- AJ's camp poses
- the epic Nic and Mark v Richard battle
- the evil clacker sweet thingies
- WON A VOUCHER AT THE FAFFLE!!!!!
- Dragon Falls fastrack
- Peep ORP at Dragon Falls....EPIC
- Stuffing people into the dryer
- Banyon!!!!
- Flying Jumbos bouncing on the ground
- 4 boat pile up in Bubbles
- Mysterious Sue costume scaring the kiddies
- COASTER...........FORCE..............IAN...........BELLLLL.............VOMIT
- Scarier haunt than Asylum apparantly
- Awesome Vampire ERT

Why must it end?

benjybobs

Roller Poster
Well what can i say, the day was absolutely fangtastic and I only did thorpe. It's been a long time since I last went to a ghosterforce but the event was just loads of fun. I met some really nice new members like Sue and was great to see some old faces. Plenty of entertainment and chating in the que lines. I stayed right till the end of the day and all the mazes were practically walk on, plus a few rides aswell. We even went and see the Barry and Stuart show which was in the 4d cinema and it was very entertaining. I do wish I could have made Chessington but I woke up this morning feel very worn out. The ride home on my Ducati was not as bad as the ride to the park, it did reach 0 degrees but the journey seemed much faster. Maybe due to clear roads ahead of me. The pumpkin in the que line was funny but maybe not so much for the staff, then it ended up turning into a costume.

As for the fancy dress comp, I think they were all winners for taking part and I couldn't personally decide who was best, Steve and Mark must have spent some serious time doing their make up.

I can't wait to see some video footage and photo's posted online. I just wish there was a few more hours in the day as time flys when your having so much fun. I definatly wants to attend some more lives.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I had an awesome time.

Yesterday at Thorpe the costumes were amazing. It wasn't *that* busy. Getting everyone in the queue for Saw, non-CFers included, to play with that inflatable pumpkin was amazing. The weather was pretty ace, too. It only got freezing at night. Oh and too many sweets. Also, Lol Taylor, who's presence was unfortunately not a surprise... But still <3.

The only thing that ruined Thorpe for me, and it gets worse every year, is that people leave early to go get smashed at the hotel. It ruins it for me completely. CF isn't about rides... it's about friends! Except those who aren't staying in the hotel?

Saying that, I ended up having a bloody good night with Neal, Sue (who is amazing, where have you been all my life?), Kirsten and Nathan who decided to actually stay.

Chessington was outstanding today. That simple. Okay so the weather was crap, but I can't say it bothers me much. And lack of a queue for Vampire at the end was a bit pants because that queue is usually a highlight! Lol.

The explorer hats were actually amazing. Tim's ridiculous costume, which Awesome_Sue volunteered to wear, was amazing.

Now I sleep.

AJ

Giga Poster
Sloshpocket.

71526_10150308390955381_560120380_15439396_1908379_n.jpg

Madeline McCann would be proud.

Thanks to the total bitch of a cleaner who raided our room whilst we were at thorpe, left the door open.... oh... and stole my 100 quid straighteners. Travelodge complaints <3

benjybobs

Roller Poster
I have to agree with you Joey, it was kinda strange seeing so many people leave so early, Everyone seemed to be going in all directions and I wasnt sure which way I was going to go myself. I didn't know who were staying at the park to do mazes or rides and most left so rapidly in all directions that I was left wondering which way to go and I couldn't see who was who in that thick mist from the outside maze.. I kept looking out for other CFer's as me and wildmouser were walking round the park but we never saw anyone after that.

I would also like to thank everyone for all the sweets too.

Joey said:
I had an awesome time.

Yesterday at Thorpe the costumes were amazing. It wasn't *that* busy. Getting everyone in the queue for Saw, non-CFers included, to play with that inflatable pumpkin was amazing. The weather was pretty ace, too. It only got freezing at night. Oh and too many sweets. Also, Lol Taylor, who's presence was unfortunately not a surprise... But still <3.

The only thing that ruined Thorpe for me, and it gets worse every year, is that people leave early to go get smashed at the hotel. It ruins it for me completely. CF isn't about rides... it's about friends! Except those who aren't staying in the hotel?

Saying that, I ended up having a bloody good night with Neal, Sue (who is amazing, where have you been all my life?), Kirsten and Nathan who decided to actually stay.

Chessington was outstanding today. That simple. Okay so the weather was crap, but I can't say it bothers me much. And lack of a queue for Vampire at the end was a bit pants because that queue is usually a highlight! Lol.

The explorer hats were actually amazing. Tim's ridiculous costume, which Awesome_Sue volunteered to wear, was amazing.

Now I sleep.

Ben

CF Legend
Knackered right now, so will keep this short, but, it was amazing again this year!

Will do a full post at some point when I don't wanna die, but, thanks everyone for everything! And thanks to all the decent people for making Chris feel so welcome, he loved it (though he'll come to tell you that himself!) Also, was amazing to meet Taylor <3 Milk in a bag <3 Or for Taylor... UGGHHRRRHGHBLLEERRRGHHHHHH

Thanks guys <3