What's new

Formula 1 2010

marc

CF Legend
The Virgin car.
10029_257562955612_539310612_8645397_7831416_n.jpg

marc

CF Legend
^PMSL honest everyone in the office has just looked round at me I have tears coming out my eyes right now :)

Very well done by the person who changed the picture.

Now for the real VirginF1 car.

1265197067.jpg

marc

CF Legend
Its the best looking car out there, just a shame the engine they will use is well down on power.

Virgin will 100% be my 2nd team this year.

marc

CF Legend
In the day light the car is not red its orange, still looks good though.

62455615.jpg

In other news, and no shock to me, Merc are off the pace. Many people did think last year was a one season wonder and as I said the team is the same the only built 2 good cars in over 10 years. They think they can get on top of the car problems, time will tell. Merc also had to tune their engines down so the engines are more level and this has just made the Ferrari engine better, they are trying to get this changed back.

http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motorspor ... /8143.html

nealbie

CF Legend
Considering it's not their full 2010 car, with or without mods, it's no surprise to me either :lol:

Will

Strata Poster
_47266789_forcecar466.jpg

VJM03 times <3
Particularly like Sutil's quote on the BBC site, something along the lines of a shocked "this is the first time the team's been fully on schedule for anything"
But we shall have to wait for tomorrow to see if the team build on the successes of late Summer 2009 - we all know Fisi was robbed back in Belgium :p Consequently, underdog supporters everywhere would love to see them go one better in 2010... :roll:

marc

CF Legend
Its very different at the back.

The car is longer.

The side pods are higher.

The noise is now square and lower than last years.

It has a Ferrari repel device fitted and it's stronger so Sutil can hit more things and keep going :)

nealbie

CF Legend
It's just a development of 2009's. It mostly the same as the previous car, just with additions (like McLaren said they were going to, then made a new car :lol: ).

Plus they've wasted a lot of money on the Ferrari repel technology. But I suppose development started before they knew Kimi was leaving :p .

Will

Strata Poster
I feel this is all going rather well so far...

Unofficial Thursday times from Jerez:
1. Kamui Kobayashi, BMW Sauber, 1:19.950, 103 Laps
2. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 1:20.026, 121 Laps
3. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:20.618, 83 Laps
4. Nico Hulkenberg, Williams, 1:20.629, 67 Laps
5. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India, 1:20.754, 80 Laps
6. Michael Schumacher, Mercedes GP, 1:21.083, 124 Laps
7. Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, 1:21.424, 129 Laps
8. Robert Kubica, Renault, 1:22.003, 103 Laps
9. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:22.043, 99 Laps
10. Timo Glock, Virgin, 1:29.964, 11 Laps

Schumacher can have: midfield times *hidesfromNeal*
But... that's the second successful day in a row for Toro Rosso, I'm wondering if this may be a slightly more interesting season than I've been led to believe, but then again, I guess a lot can happen over the next 4 weeks...

marc

CF Legend
Yeah testing is all over the place at the moment as no one knows the fuel loads, no one will know who is fast until the 1st gp weekend.

marc

CF Legend
This made me laugh during testing, Ferrari trying to hide their pit stop practise from Mclaren

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPqm7RjgtVY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

nealbie

CF Legend
You've got to hand it to them, fab sense of humour.

Also, the cars are all really close again this season. Like REALLY close, apart from the rubbish newbies.

Should be an awesome title fight :)

marc

CF Legend
USF1 are out of F1 now, even before they started.

Stefen GP should get the entry and they have signed JV so that will be the most world champs on the track since 1984.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
marc said:
This made me laugh during testing, Ferrari trying to hide their pit stop practise from Mclaren

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPqm7RjgtVY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

That is awesome! Made my day!

Glad USF1 are gone, team was a complete mess and they didn't even start a race.

Hope SGP do get their slot, the Toyota should be a good car. However I'm not happy about them signing Nakajima.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
It's quiet in here, considering it's all about to kick off!

It's a bit late, but I just had an idea: we should do a CF Fantasy F1 League, would add an extra little frisson to the season :p.

I've set one up in here: http://www.fantasyracers.com/

If you want to join in, go and register a team (it's free), then join the Personal League called "CoasterForce 2010", League Number is 41203, password is FAFF.

It's a simple system - you have a budget of 40m to spend on 6 drivers, who then score points on qualifying, race finish, laps completed etc.

BUT, you'll have to get your teams in BY 8am TOMORROW!!

So if you're up for giving everyone a thrashing with your F1 wisdom, get over there now :p.