What's new

Fantasy Football (American football)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
...a playoff which Bama still would have been favored to win. Just sayin' :wink:

3 in 4 years says it all. Best program in the country right now, without question.

Now that that's settled, we still got what should be better weekend of NFL playoffs ahead. The two NFC games in particular should be really interesting. It feels crazy to say it, but I feel strangely confident that Russell Wilson & the Seahawks are gonna go into Atlanta & win. I'll still be amazed if that happens though.. a rookie QB beating the top seed on the road just doesn't happen.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I don't think Seattle has a chance. Arizona is extremely good, and while they have two great corners to cover Julio Jones and Roddy White, you still have Tony G, the greatest Tight End to ever play the game. Plus that running game, I just see Seattle being punched in the mouth and not able to respond. Then again, it is the dirtiest playing team I have ever seen in my life.

Houston is going to beat the Pats, they are healthy, or getting healthier, and it's near impossible to beat a team that good twice.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Fair point about Houston, but the big question mark there is Matt Schaub. Going up to New England against a Pats team that has been here many times before, they're going to need a lot more out of their QB than they got against Cincy. You know what you're getting out of Brady & now Gronk should be back, so Houston's pass defenders not named Jonathan Joseph are going to have to step up, and I think Schaub is going to have to play one of the best games of his career to win.

Everything does say Atlanta should beat the Seahawks. Top seed, at home.. Matt Ryan, Tony G & Julio Jones playing at their highest level. But I feel like every year in the playoffs there's at least one upset where a better team loses to a hotter team. NYG was that hotter team both years they won the Super Bowl. Right now, Seattle looks to me like that hot team.. Other than Washington, they've been steamrolling people lately.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If RG3's knee isn't on the operating table, and they are smart and take him out once it is 14-0, Seattle loses by 3 touchdowns in that game. Injured RG3 is still better than the Chiefs QB situation, but you can't win a playoff game like that.

The upset I see is Baltimore. Ray Lewis doesn't want to go out a loser, and as much as Baltimore fans hate him, at least 20 teams would love to have Flacco as their QB as he is a legit starter, not elite, but top 10 easily. I may have my hatred of Denver blinders on, but I think if they play mistake free, they win.

San Francisco/Green Bay is also an interesting game. For sake of vengence, I would love to see the Packers and Seacocks in NFC championship game, solely for the rematch, but I want Atlanta is the Super Bowl because I would love to see Tony G finally get his ring. The man is still a king in KC, and the entire city would pull for him I'm sure.

Schaub isn't that bad of a QB, but he can't win a SB by his skill, he isn't that good. But when you have that defense (when healthy) and Foster and Andre Johnson, you are going to challenge.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Agreed, Tony G deserves that ring. Hell, he needs a freaking playoff win! I've got a ton of respect for him because he plays the game the right way, never misses a game while playing one of the most physical positions on the field, and takes incredible care of his health and his body, which is as big a factor as his talent for why he's been so good for so long. All the nice stats he's put up for me in fantasy aside, he's easily on my list of top 10 favorite NFL players.

So yeah, even though my gut is telling me the Seahawks win, I'd be happy to be wrong. I'd also like to see Matt Ryan get past the playoff-loser stigma & I'm a big fan of Julio Jones and Roddy White as well.. Think they are both fantastic players

Colossus

Giga Poster
Here's my projections for the divisional weekend.

Baltimore 20 - 30 Denver

Houston 13 - 31 New England

Green Bay 23 - 20 San Fransisco

Seattle 17 - 31 Atlanta

Colossus

Giga Poster
What a game in Denver, that was better than all of last weeks games rolled into one, the Ravens played with heart and deserved the W, could the Ravens be this years "destiny team?"

One more week for #52

Colossus

Giga Poster
This 9ers Pack is a decent looking ball game also.

I like the Pats tomorrow, I really hope that that is not the case, I'll be routing for Houston, but I think the Pats will get it done at Gillette, the Texans haven't looked like the same team that started the season for about a month now, oh how costly the loses @ Indianapolis and at home to the Vikes could turn out to be, if tomorrows game was at Reliant, then I like the Texans a whole lot more, and although they played well last week, I cant see them getting anything in Tommy's house.

Whoever the Ravens get they will give them a game, they beat the Colts last week, but I thought they would, but after tonight, with the heart the played with and the plays the whole team made (apart from ST ;) ) I genuinely believe they can go all the way, they will do it for Ray Ray :)

I also think Seattle's little adventure ends tomorrow, Atlanta at home will be dominant (The Bucs only beat them in week 17 because they let us win) I don't think they will allow the same thing to happen to them that happened 2 years ago. Although there will be pressure on the Falcons to get "that win" for that reason, there's no point having a home field advantage if you fall at the first hurdle, and although the Seahawks will have nothing to prove and will play with no fear, I think Atlanta get "that win."

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm eating my foot for thinking Kapernick being made starter was a dumb move. Holy **** this guy can do it all.

Colossus

Giga Poster
He is a beast, poor old Alex Smith haha

Seriously though, I look forward to seeing where he is in a years time, same as Russell Wilson and RG3, life might be slightly more difficult for them once teams start scheming against them?

But yeah on this day, they are all playing awesome. Kaepernick reminds me of a young Mike Vick.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I hope the Chiefs can trade like a 4 rounder for Smith if Geno doesn't look like he would be worth #1. Then they could draft a defender or a tackle then with second round pick, grab either Tyler Wilson or Mike Glennon (if I am thinking of the right guy) and let them compete.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Trying to trade for smith could be a useful move, I would rather take him then use a #1 on what potentially could be a weak class.

Andy Reid apparently was asked the other day if Vick would be his starter next season and he said he didn't know? Either way he's not the answer, I like trading for Smith or maybe Matt Flynn if he's available? Then getting like a Mike Glennon to keep him on his toes, a little like the Skins last year with RG3 and Kirk Cousins.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Boy I whiffed on both of my predictions for today. The Ravens played better than I thought they could & Peyton made some killer mistakes I thought he was too good to make. I'm mostly just disappointed that I and the rest of the viewing public will be deprived of another Brady-Manning instant classic.

Then, Kaepernick dominated the Pack defense while Rodgers didn't do nearly as much damage as I expected. I figured for sure after they passed on him in the draft, A-Rod would put up a career-type performance against these Niners. Turns out the rookie was the one to play better.. Absolutely amazing performance from Colin tonight.

Here's hoping either of tomorrow's games will be as exciting as the Denver-Baltimore game. Still gonna stick to my picks of the Patriots and Seahawks, though.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Before RG3 tore his ACL and LCL, I was hoping for Cousins to be traded to the Chiefs, but insurance is key in this league.

Colossus

Giga Poster
That was a ball game and a half!

At halftime I thought this game was all but over, but credit Russell Wilson, he put the team on his back and rallied well, I actually feel quite sorry for them, but they will be back.

Yeah fair play to Tony G, if anybody deserved a win today it is him, it would have been a real shame for him today if they had lost, huge monkey off the Falcons back.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Seahawks have a chance to be good for the next 5+ years with Wilson, all depends on how he responds though.