What's new

Fantasy Football (American football)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Hell of a game.. That was one of the most compelling halves of football I've ever watched. A couple of take-aways from that one:

1. That is exhibit A for why icing the kicker of one of the stupidest damn tactics in football. There is no proof that it works in your favor, whereas the stats do show that it works against you more often than not by giving a kicker a second chance to make the kick. And yet, coaches will continue to do this crap, for reasons I cannot fathom.

2. Russell Wilson is here to stay, folks. As long as he's around, look for the Seahawks to be a fixture in the NFC playoffs and possible Super Bowl contenders as he only gets better. Mentally, he is well beyond the level of the typical rookie and his physical skills are already very impressive. I absolutely love this guy and I can't wait to see his career take off. I'm willing to bet he just locked up ROY today, as well.

3. Glad Matt Ryan & Tony G were able to get that 500 pound gorilla off their backs. At this point, I'll be rooting for the Falcons from here on out.. I'd love to see the game's greatest tight end ride off into the sunset with a super bowl ring on his hand.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I haven't laughed this hard from a Youtube video in a long time...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zce-QT7MGSE[/youtube]

:lol:

RCF

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
It's ok Chris, just take a knee and let the clock run out.

I don't give a **** what Fox and Elway think, that was a horrible decision. See: Matt Ryan. It's ok thought, it'll be like 96-98, lose in a shocker, with no hope of aging QB winning a Super Bowl with that team, then win back to backs. Right?

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ 'cept if Peyton Manning gets helicoptered, I'm pretty sure his head will come off. :p

ElwayHelicopter.gif

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Didn't you see! He's in Arizona, so CLEARLY that means he is going to the Cardinals. :roll: It's not like one of the top training facilities is located in Phoenix and my buddy saw him there, no not at all...

edit: Chris, I want you. Come touch me.

RCF

Strata Poster
^The time will come. But if he does go to Arizona, that'll continue the string of overpaid (kinda used loosely here), bad QB's that Arizona have used since Warner left.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Kolb has basically been hurt the past two seasons, so that really isn't his fault.

I wish Chip Kelly would have gone to either Jacksonville, Arizona, or Buffalo, and then Timmybow could have joined him. Spread offense with someone who would probably have tried to make it work.

Le sigh. So what about Manti Te'o being a big fat phony faker? How bad will it hurt his draft status?

Also kinda on a random side note, but a buddy of mine will be in the draft this year, and he's also gonna be the best man in my wedding. So keep your fingers crossed for a D-2 punter who was 2 time All American and has more awards than any other special teams player in the draft. I went to a ton of his games and he has had some shady **** happen to him in his life, so if anyone "deserves" to go to the show, it's him. Good news is I get to go with him to the special teams combine here in LA in a few weeks.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
Kolb has basically been hurt the past two seasons, so that really isn't his fault.

I wish Chip Kelly would have gone to either Jacksonville, Arizona, or Buffalo, and then Timmybow could have joined him. Spread offense with someone who would probably have tried to make it work.

Le sigh. So what about Manti Te'o being a big fat phony faker? How bad will it hurt his draft status?

Also kinda on a random side note, but a buddy of mine will be in the draft this year, and he's also gonna be the best man in my wedding. So keep your fingers crossed for a D-2 punter who was 2 time All American and has more awards than any other special teams player in the draft. I went to a ton of his games and he has had some shady **** happen to him in his life, so if anyone "deserves" to go to the show, it's him. Good news is I get to go with him to the special teams combine here in LA in a few weeks.

Have you seen any proof he said it? As far as I've heard Te'o vehemently denies ever saying that. Everyone acts like he's already "guilty"

Snoo

The Legend
Several news articles published around the 'death' show several close family members saying she came and visited him on the reg. Now, unless he pulled the slip and slide and just left to get drunk.. hes in on it.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It is the sole reason he was up for the Heisman. He wasn't even the best defender on his team! Yes, he had crazy interception numbers, but he was a good tackler, but far from great. He was the "feel good" story of the year.