What's new

English Football 2009/2010 Season

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
clecktown said:
^ Should be better online coverage with the BBC than Virgin Media last year. Sometimes they didn't put the highlights up on some weeks, and the commentators kept calling our players by the wrong names...

It was atrocious.

Less than an hour till kick off. Me very excite.

Dons have been put as 5th favourites now, after Leeds and the clubs down from the Championship.

I can't believe that Peterborough's odds on getting a 3rd successive promotion are so high! I think they're like 4th favourites xD

Something tells me this will be a very entertaining season...Bring it on!

clecktown

Roller Poster
2-2 away at Southend.
We were 2-0 down with 20 minutes left, so it could have been worse.

Great result for Norwich! :lol:

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Southampton 1 - 1 Millwall.

I'm happy with that result, I mean the things we've been through over the summer I was expecting us to be ripped apart at the seams, well done lads! Only 9 points til we break even :p

Bring on Huddersfield ;)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ St Mary's seemed a little more empty than last season, ey ;)

0-0, which is a good result as almost all of our first team are either ill, injured or recovering from surgery.

I thought Norwich would be contenders for the title and promotion, but something tells me they may look relegation in the face after that abysmal 7-1 loss...

Lewis

Hyper Poster
^Surprisingly, there were more there! Over 11,000 season tickets sold more than about 3,000 than last season, I wasn't there because I had to work >.>

I also was shocked by the Norwich result. What I mean by shocked is that I pissed myself laughing :lol:

Dave

CF Legend
The football season starts tomorrow and will be watching Portsmouth lose to Fulham with our dwindling squad! But new signing!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Another 0-0 :/ Only a few more weeks until about 10 of our players are back from injury, then we will see some results...

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Ohgod... Please don't let the season continue like that, yeah Arsenal were pretty good, but we were tosh too. Far too many silly free kicks given away, and too many soft goals. Bah...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Norwich's new manager is ironically Paul Lambert, the now ex-Colchester manager who basically got Bryan Gunn the sack after beating his Norwich side 7-1 xD

I still hope Colchester have that spark to make me smile and Norwich still fail anyway...

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
Brookes said:
Brilliant first game for Stoke with a 2-0 win over Burnley, putting us joint top woo. :)

Great start to the season fot the mighty potters! :--D

Burnley!? Premiership you're having a laugh! :p

Thats what Man Utd thought.. Look what happened to them :lol: Burnley for Champs League :D

Emmett

Giga Poster
:lol: , well done Burnley and what a fantastic strike. I couldn't believe it when I checked the results this morning. Also good to see Spurs making a great start to the season.

marc

CF Legend
I am happy Spurs are top after the best start in 14 years lol.

Man U from what I have heard are really missing a player that can turn the game around. They have lost their key player who scored and made goals.

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
^ Exactly, same with Arsenal. I don't really see them challenging for the top 4 this season to be honest. Man City or Spurs for 4th place is definately on the cards.

clecktown

Roller Poster
Okay, I've been on holiday for two weeks, so I've missed:

Hudds 3 - 1 Stockport (CC)
Hudds 3 - 1 Southampton (L1) - hope you enjoyed your trip up north, Lewis ;)
Hudds 7 - 1 Brighton (L1) - can't believe I missed this! I don't think I've seen that scoreline for us since we beat Palace years back!
Bristol R 1 - 0 Hudds (L1) - disappointing result from such a fine start

So it looks like we need to get our away form sorted. Lee Clark hasn't really found the right tactics away from home yet. Which is bad because he's been here months!
Bring on Newcastle away on Wednesday! Hope we don't see another fight like in my signature...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Fights at a game are always fun and entertaining...

Typically with Palace we've been mixed, but so far the football has been pretty decent, and hopefully with our transfer embargo gone now we can grab the extra few players we need...

Bring on Man City ;)

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
Since we're all talking about our teams I'm very happy with how West Brom started their season. Roberto Di Matteo seems to know what he's doing in the transfer market signing Simon Cox, Joe Mattock and the exciting Chilean, Gonzalo Jara.

I got high hopes this season :D