What's new

English Football 2009/2010 Season

Slayed

Hyper Poster
^The fact that Blackpool's free-scoring strikers are on loan from Leicester and bloody Swansea have not got unnoticed! :roll:

Now come on Leicester, sort those Scum out tomorrow - the Welsh media is unbearable already...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Everybody better be a Cottagers fan tonight! :wink:

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Nope, but I was a Fulham fan :p I'm not keen on the whole nicknames thing...

Gutted for them though, they came so close to such a monumentous achievement for the club. Its still a massive success for them, but it could so easily have been so much more too.

Dave

CF Legend
(Copied this and slightly edited for CF from 606)

I took my friend Lola to watch the match, she'd never really watched football so was a new experience for her. I said to her if we get past 20 minutes without conceding I'll be happy, I was literally expecting us to be demolished like the last time (5-0 loss at home).

First Half

- Chelsea at times were kinda sloppy and often had to recover from mistakes
- Good shots from Chelsea, luckily the posts got in the way!
- Great set peices from Drogba, great save from James which kept us in it.
- Unfortunate for Boateng or Piquionne in their goal attempts which Cech saved in a quick reflex
- We were sloppy on the break, need to be quick as sometimes Chelsea were in panic when we looked to break.
- Moekena's double block! My word it was sweet.
- Last but not least, Kalou! Even Nugent could've scored that ;)

Second Half

- Chelsea looked stronger and didn't feel the pressure as much in this half.
- Unfortunate for Boateng in the penalty, should've blasted it then it wouldn't be entirely his fault if Cech saved it, weak shot.
- Can't argue with Drogba's goal, O'Hara should've done better to block it really.
- Did well not to let more goals to be created, even started to threaten.
- Terry was lucky not to get booked for his shoulder block to Dindane.
- Utaka is lazy, if it was anyone else on the end of that Belhadj cross it would've been in!!!!
- Oh dear Lampard, the entire pub was cheering so loud when he missed. Least ours was on target eh? ;)

Well done to Chelsea though, great season for you guys and well done on winning the FA Cup.

But I am proud of the team and the staff for coming to Wembley fighting hard for a win and coming away with a small defeat by a single goal. You could see the heartbreak and the passion the players had for the club in probably the last game in Portsmouth colours. We may be going down but we will be back one day.

Play up Pompey!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Dave said:
Unfortunate for Boateng in the penalty
Gutted!
icon_censored.gif
ing Chelski again.
icon_censored.gif
!!!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Take that you lying cheating Welsh bastards...

Well done Blackpool, probs straight back down but since it meant Cardiff didn't go up I'm happy...

Brookes

Giga Poster
Really looking forward to the Champions League Final tonight, really want Bayern to win.

And can't belive Blackpool got promoted, it will be interesting to see how they do next season.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Milito!!! The Special One does it again!
Scheiss Bayern were lucky just to make it to the final.
Forza Inter!!!!

Dave

CF Legend
I knew Inter were going to win this, they have such great technique and play some good attacking football.

nealbie

CF Legend
Shame Jose's going to leave them - he's a bit of a club killer. But that's WHY I love him - it's all about number one, nothing else :p

Dave

CF Legend
A poor first half by England, made somewhat better by Johnsons lovely goal!

I'm going to make a topic for the World Cup which will involve a prize for 1st and 2nd place. Plus maybe a prize for the first team to be knocked out. So whoever wants in drop me a PM as need 32 players :p

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Only because the Swans COULDN'T SCORE ONE BLOODY GOAL - AGAINST DONCASTER - AT HOME!

(Not that I'm still upset, or anything).

Congrats to Blackpool though - excellent finish to the season, and they did the truly decent thing in stopping THAT side from going up :D.