What's new

English Football 2009/2010 Season

Lewis

Hyper Poster
So fixtures are out again, who does your team start off with?

Is your team ready to celebrate winning the league or be facing relegation?

Southampton start out with Millwall at home, lovely. :lol:

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Starts off with Hartlepool at home. Followed by two "exciting" matches against Swindon. Visiting the real St James' Park at Exeter on the 29th August should be fun :D September looks tough with Leeds and Naarrrich at home. Re-visiting St. Mary's shall be enjoyable, as shall Charlton and Naarrrich away. Strange thing about the fixtures I found was that this season if your first game is at home your final game is away, different to other seasons, but fairer really.

Looking forward to the new season. Just hope we sign more players so we can field a squad :roll:

And, yay for my first post in like 6 weeks :) Also, thank **** Mark Wright's gone to Brighton, let them enjoy the winger who can't get passed his man.

Dave

CF Legend
Im a Portsmouth fan, The Sun should be burnt because of the **** they are posting about 'Pompeygate'.

Today's revelation is that Dr Al Fahim isn't actually a real doctor, tell us something Portsmouth fans didn't know!! Next they'll be saying that Fratton Park should be called Milton Park because its not in Fratton.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Why would they need Casillas really? Van der Sar is perfectly capable and I highly doubt Casilas would fancy playing back-up...

We got Plymouth at home first game... Cos of uni may even be able to pop to a few away games as well... Woot...

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Well we have burnley home first (Stoke) and then next home game is sunderland, so hopefully we can get 6 home points before the next home games chelsea and man u!

Lain

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
^Why would they need Casillas really? Van der Sar is perfectly capable and I highly doubt Casilas would fancy playing back-up...

We got Plymouth at home first game... Cos of uni may even be able to pop to a few away games as well... Woot...

Van der Sar is nearly 39 and past it. Casillas is a much better keeper.

Van der Sar could be backup for next year, and then retire at the end of the season, he's well old.

Also, they should get rid of Kuszczak, 'cos he's rubbish.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Lain said:
Van der Sar could be backup for next year, and then retire at the end of the season, he's well old.

Why should he? He is in the prime of his career and in the best form ever, why replace him because he's 'old'. Age is a small factor in football, especially for goalkeepers.

MK Dons are annoying me now. Yet again we aren't offering our current players a decent contract, so they trot off to other clubs. That is our only downfall.

Lain

Giga Poster
I don't believe he is in the prime of his career. Yeah, he broke the clean sheet record last season, but that was only down to the awesome defense. He barely had to make any saves!

I know goalkeepers hit their prime when they're a bit older than outfield players, but you have to admit that 39 is pushing it a bit!

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
MK Dons are annoying me now. Yet again we aren't offering our current players a decent contract, so they trot off to other clubs. That is our only downfall.
LMFAO, you're disappointed at losing Mark Wright :lol: He was a waste of space. And we only have one player who has a contract that runs out this year, Swailes. And he's been offered a 6 month contract just like Paul Mitchell because he's coming back from a long term injury.

And anyway we've signed McCracken (I mean what a f**king brilliant name) Not to mention that Danny Graham is a free agent, and so are a lot of other decent players :D

Peter

Hyper Poster
Thanks to a certain 2 people (Guess who :lol: ) I now seem to be sort of following the Dons, so will have to try and get to a few of those games.

I also plan to get to a few Bournemouth and Saints games this year after a couple of years of not going to any. Hopefully Bournemouth will be able to do better this year without a 17 point deduction. :)

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Peter said:
I also plan to get to a few Bournemouth and Saints games this year after a couple of years of not going to any. Hopefully Bournemouth will be able to do better this year without a 17 point deduction. :)

Give us a shout if you're heading to St.Mary's, would be good to meet up again, don't worry, no more protests :p

I'm also really pissed off with the Football League, they will not let the take over happen til Pinnacle have put down in writing that they won't appeal against the 10 points! Talk about abuse of power :roll:

Peter

Hyper Poster
Lewis said:
Peter said:

Give us a shout if you're heading to St.Mary's, would be good to meet up again, don't worry, no more protests :p

Will do. I might head to the first game with Millwall if i'm not busy. I'll give ya a shout on MSN.

...and that protest was funny, mainly because of Slayed trying to hide all of his Swansea gear and avoid getting shot. :lol:

clecktown

Roller Poster
Huddersfield's first game of the season is away at Southend.
I'm off on holiday on the Sunday, which involves travelling down to Portsmouth, and I have to be back up north on the Saturday night, so I doubt I'll be off to Roots Hall this season!

Plus it remains to be seen whether we'll have a good strikeforce this season.
We have 5 strikers, including 2 who are unproven at this level, and 2 who we really need to offload (Phil Jevons and Keigan Parker).
Since our new chairman's taken over, we've been linked with practically every striker in the lower leagues...

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Lain said:
Martyn H said:
McCracken (I mean what a f**king brilliant name)

Only if his first name is Phil.
Unfortunately, it's David.

Peter said:
Thanks to a certain 2 people (Guess who Laughing ) I now seem to be sort of following the Dons, so will have to try and get to a few of those games.

I'm sure you could come to the Carlisle away game, if you're up for a near 6 hour journey for you. And you'd be on your own (I'm not doing that trip again) :)

I need a list of the away games I wanna go to. And I should finally make every home game this year, with no holiday in August eating up 2 home games :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Well, looks like my games will be very scarce as I'll be 2 hours away from MK and there are no other League 1 teams near me. But I'll try and get to as many games as possible.

Defo going to Southampton, and possibly some other away games.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Dont like our new kit, and if the images are true, the 3rd kit aint nothing to right home about either, although it's not bad, but it's just too plain, no design on it what so ever, and if we are going to have a white kit, why is that not the normal away kit.

Johnson is not woth £18m, but if we are still owed £7m for Chrouchie, then it's not that bad. What is bad is the £80k he will be paid. Now hopefully we can get another wing back or two, and get rid of Arbeloa, Aurelio, Dossena and Degan.

PS I know cigies are expensive these days, but €80 for a fag is ridiculous :lol: :lol: :lol: