What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

A

Anonymous

spicy said:
Madrid are after David Villa aswell now, 'Galactico's Part II'

Where the hell are they getting all this money from?

A private bank fund.

Each player is payed for by a new bank loan/fund as the clubs owner/president is not allowed to give the club a loan/fund from his own pocket. I think its to do with some rule/law in the spanish game.

thx

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
I would enjoy Real not doing well just to show that money means feck all when your team can't play together...
Yeah, couldn't agree more :p . That's also one of the main reasons why I've never liked the team (or Chelsea post 2004 and AC Milan for that matter). Okey last year or so they bought Sneijder who's one of my favourite middle field players (although has gotten much worse in Madrid), but anyway, when I like see a game of theirs, I just say: 'ok he is allowed to score', but anyone else that's a no no :lol:

Also this goes without saying, but I'm interested to see how Man U can cope with the possible loss of about 20-30 goals and many passes leading to goals/per season, in the future.

Lain

Giga Poster
thx said:
Also this goes without saying, but I'm interested to see how Man U can cope with the possible loss of about 20-30 goals and many passes leading to goals/per season, in the future.

I think they'll be okay. I'd expect a couple of big signings with the revenue gained from Ronaldo, and now Ronnie is gone, perhaps Fergie will play Rooney in his proper position. :p

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Real Madrid's shopping spree isnt over yet. Their other tagets include David Villa, Ribery and Xabi Alonso. They can afford to buy all these players because the 'superstar' players bring in millions through sponsorship deals. This is the same way they affored the last galacticos era when they signed Figo, Zidane, Beckham and Ronaldo.