What's new

Energylandia | Formula 1 | Vekoma launched

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Energylandia have announced they will be adding a GCI to the park as well. No idea what size of design but they posted a picture of a GCI car with this note

"Just back from Sweden, full of new ideas and concepts for Energylandia. In this photo one of the attractions that is scheduled for installation in our park."

https://www.facebook.com/EnergyLandia/p ... =3&theater

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Awesome to see another quality coaster going to the park! Shame that they bought an SLC though...

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
mouse said:
Looks like a banked airtime hill - Vekoma seem to have been taking notes from RMC. Looks like it could be quite a forceful layout!
This was my first thought when I saw the layout. Maybe the RMC-Vekoma Europe deal kind of "nudged" Ride Centerline to start designing vekomas.

TilenB

Strata Poster
roomraider said:
Energylandia have announced they will be adding a GCI to the park as well. No idea what size of design but they posted a picture of a GCI car with this note

"Just back from Sweden, full of new ideas and concepts for Energylandia. In this photo one of the attractions that is scheduled for installation in our park."

That's great news! It is nice to see a park outside of regular enthusiast areas to grow so big. If they manage to make it a good one, they will soon enter my bucket list of European parks I 'have to' visit! Now if only a park like this would once get built in a certain other Slavic country... ;)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
That Immelmann looks really rough, the rest looks fab though. I also wonder if Ride Centerline might have been involved in the design process. :?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^ Well, instead of a half hoop with a pullout, it looks like a 3/4 hoop with a really tight pullout. The speed at which that pullout would be taken, to me, seems really hard to do in a way that would be smooth.

I love how people on here go through renderings and the like and pick various things out all the time but when I do it it's wrong. **** ing love that.

JKM

Mega Poster
roomraider said:

They already confirmed* that till 2020 Energylandia gains two water coasters... So now think, how it is possible for small park with initial budget of 45 000 000 euro ( official ) including about 1/2- 1/3 of EU loans wants to build a new coaster every next year. They already spent that 45M and should buy new ground to put announced coasters.

* in case of EL confirmed means- we have intention to do this.

JKM

Mega Poster
bINuBFr.jpg

New trains with restrains as in SLC type.

Sneaky

Roller Poster
Looking at the picture, there appear to be handles at the lapbar part of the restraint, above the legs.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
TilenB said:
Trains look nice, but why is there a need for those annoying vest restrains? </3
At least that should eliminate head bashing. It's a Vekoma, I consider these restraints a massive plus.

Lofty

CF Legend
I really like the design of that train in honesty. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

andrus

Giga Poster
Can't believe they're actually sticking with those uncomfortable vest restraints when almost every other manufacturer are turning into lap-bars only?!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
You mean like B&M? :p (and yes i know you said almost every)

Its not that unusual. Intamin and Mack have gone for lap bars Vekoma and B&M for vests. I dont find them a problem really. they are 1000x better than the old head bangers. But enthusiasts will always find a way to moan.

Oh those new trains with the much more comfortable restraints and better viewing angles arent good enough. whawha... etc

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Vests are far more comfortable, but they're a lot more restrictive to your body. They also make trains wider.

I don't really care tbh, as I won't be getting out of the US for a while.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Lofty said:
GuyWithAStick said:
They also make trains wider.
Please explain to my why this is such a problem?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

It can add extra resistance to the train's aerodynamics, making the ride slower, and (in the case of Valravn) might lower the capacity. Not by too much, but it can add up fast.