What's new

Energylandia | Formula 1 | Vekoma launched

Ben

CF Legend
Vekoma's new stuff is really good, to be fair.

They've not made anything really rough for a good few years now.

I wouldn't judge this on **** Flight Deck...

TilenB

Strata Poster
Jarrett said:
However, here I'm referring to general smoothness of their trackwork. Intamin is generally known for having smoother rides with minimal headbanging. Vekoma is known for having cheaper, rougher rides like boomerangs and SLCs that don't have very smooth track and sometimes a horrendous rattle.

flashback4.jpg

Cop_Car_Chase_roller_coaster.jpg

These two rides were closed by the parks for being so hilariously bad...

And you've given Flight Deck as an example of how bad Vekoma is? Flight Deck was one of their first SLCs and has opened in 1995. What was the best Intamin coaster built by then? A Stand-Up, Bobsled or that copy of Pinfari looper in DLP? Yeah, find me an enthusiast who'd claim any of those are 'smooth with minimal headbanging'... Just because they've started building some good coasters after 2000 (still not all of them are that praised), that doesn't mean they haven't built some utter crap in the past and just because Vekoma has built utter crap 20 years ago, that doesn't mean their newer products are **** as well...

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
^ Because your two examples from Intamin were much better right? =D>

Anyways. I think this looks great so far, not to mention the trains, which looked really sweet also.

andrus

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Vekoma's new stuff is really good, to be fair.

They've not made anything really rough for a good few years now.
I'm with Ben on this one: all of their modern track style coasters I've ridden (the suspended family coasters + Muntanya Russa) have been very smoth! I have high hopes for this one :) Gross trains though..

TilenB

Strata Poster
TheCoasterCruiser said:
^ Because your two examples from Intamin were much better right? =D>

Anyways. I think this looks great so far, not to mention the trains, which looked really sweet also.

I'm just trying to say Intamin has built terrible rides in the past as well and it isn't really fair to compare a brand new Intamin (or up to 10 years old) with a 20 years old Vekomas and base your opinion solely on that comparison.

Lofty

CF Legend
THAT BANKING LOOKS A DEGREE OFF - IT'LL BE ****.

;)

I'm really excited to see how this coaster pans out.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ Flashback (or Z-Force in its early days) that used to operate in a number of Six Flags parks (the last one was SFMM). I've read reports that it never had a queue, even when the park was absolutely packed and was ultimately closed in 2003. It was then SBNO for a few years before finally going to a scrapyard in early 2007.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What a cool little coaster!

I'm interested to see how the transitions ride, they look pretty snappy.

Lofty

CF Legend
I really think this looks like a brilliant little ride. I'm very intrigued to see if it loses it's speed really quickly and starts to drag, or whether it keeps momentum and intensity up throughout. I have a feeling it's the prior.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

peep

CF Legend
This coaster looks great, I love the look of those transitions, so smooth.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That first corner is going to be nuts.

I predict it'll go very slowly though the top of the inversion, with LOADS of hangtime, and then after a bit of airtime in the drop, it'll force you hard into the seat. If they can pull this off it's going to ride brilliantly.

If they get it wrong, I have feeling it'll feel like you're being torn apart... :lol:

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Must have missed the image of the trains posted a while back and have always imagined a single Maurer X-car when imagining a train traversing this track. Was rather shocked when i saw the trains for the first time earlier! Looks like a great little ride though, think it'll be a sleeper hit the same way Lightning run was at KK when it debuted.