Energylandia | Formula 1 | Vekoma launched

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
12888564_1524658684506191_7113570585631016525_o.jpg

xqbbqB5.png

I see no difference. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't get the relevance of that comparison post whatsoever? It's utterly pointless. It's like sharing a photo of Incredible Hulk's ZeroG with the one on Wicked at Lagoon? Pointless.

That turn after the Immelmann is going to be AMAZING.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

JKM

Mega Poster
From Vekoma about first inversion :

We call it an Immelmann-loop, with an entry speed of 80 km/h at 3.7G going through the top of the loop with -0.2G and then making the Carousel Turn with 3,8G.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
This looks like a really nice little park, once the trees have grown in more it will be brilliant! The new coaster looks like it will have good forces to it, going by the layout.
Also that SLC is stupidly bright, it's fab!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
mapa_energylandia_2016_245x210-www.jpg

Not much space if they keep using it this fast :p the new map shows 3 spots for new attractions soon. If i remember correctly they said they were getting a GCI and a Mack Water Coaster which from a little digging seems it might be something along the lines of Pulsar.

Ben

CF Legend
Is this going to be one of those places we just wait and see if they eventually stop putting stuff in before we go xD

Cause if they're getting a GCI and a Mack too...

JKM

Mega Poster
Lofty said:
I also think this park looks great - plus, they have masses of land for expansion.

Not exactly. They have land in the boundaries you can see now and some little space on the other side of the road for hotel/ hotels. They should be ready for 2017. At least these are official informations ;)

About Mack and GCI coasters- remember, they said they will build the biggest coaster in Europe in 2015, and then, that they will buy a bluefire copy. Right now there are rumors about Pulsar clone ( " water boomerang coaster " ).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Those trains look quite big for such a tight layout. I was expecting something a bit smaller I think. Maybe looks are deceiving, but some of those transitions look pretty tight for an axle to axle distance as large as that.

Maybe they'll look smaller when they're all hooked up together, but I can't help thinking the cars are quite long. Hopefully it doesn't the ride feel... odd?

andrus

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
Really like those trains, apart from the **** VESTS.
I second that! **** hate Vekoma vests!

Apart from that there was a very interesting article written by some Vekoma employees in the latest issue of First Drop Magazine. Among other things they stated: "In 2013 Orkanen, a new design of our Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster, opened at Fårup Sommerland. Its design incorporated a more dynamic approach than our company had ever used before. In practise, this meant we had direct control over the flow of forces during the ride, creating organic elements that have a natural flow. The results were very impressive. The next major ride that we are producing [Formula 1] will take advantage of this new design system and will be a far more evolved coaster than Orkanen."

The article also says Formula 1 will create g-forces between -0.9 and +4.1. Sounds very interesting to me!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Wow, this might just be the best thing Vekoma has made! It(looks) is super smooth, has a consistent speed, and seems to provide some decent airtime. Well done Vekoma!