What's new

Do you take your shoes off while riding inverts/flyers?

and the answer is.......

• yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Err, it depends.

Like, obviously it's pretty pointless to take your shoes off if they are like, secure running shoes or say, sandals with straps, but if I'm wearing flipflops or something, then obviously I would take them off. However, I remember riding either X-flight or Superman: the Ride with flip flops and they didn't fall off; I believe it was X-flight.

But yes, I usually remove my shoes. Better safe than sorry, and better safe than have everyone in line mad at you for holding up the ride to get your shoe back.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
never taken my shoes off.

if in doubt, curl your toes! it's hold them on nicely.

EDIT: actually, that's a lie, i took them off for Samurai once, no idea why i did that.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I see people wearing flip-flops or sandals all the time. With no support in those and all the walking that we do, that never seemed like a good idea.
I took my shoes off once at SFA to "make myself shorter" so I could ride Mind Eraser. They let me put them back on to ride; don't get me started on SFA.

:p :p MERRY CHRISTMAS !! :p :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Simple truth...

Wear comfortable shoes and don't act moody when we tell you that you must wear them, because it's in all the rules set out by the park... If you can't abide by the rules, then according to the park's own rules you should be chucked out...

Also, don't wear stupid shoes... Even in Florida/California I wore trainers all the time...

tks

Strata Poster
^ Why should I have to be forced to wear stupid trainers in hot weather when I can get a perfectly good tan on my feet, all be it with a funny line where the flipflops go.

I fail to see why you have to keep your shoes on when going on rides, it's not as if the evac platforms are made of shattered glass and on rides like Vampire they should bloody well cut the trees back anyway. Or just get rid of the old, aging, ruined ride. :D

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
On Vampire it's more of the whole 'If we have to evacuate the ride you will tear your feet apart just by walking down the steps'...

The steps are literally cheese-graters, as they are on most rides for whatever reason...

clecktown

Roller Poster
Here, no.
I usually wear well-laced trainers, so I don't worry about that.

The only exception has been in Florida, when I've been wearing flip-flops.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I have only ever taken my shoes off once. It was the first time I went on Air. I was also going to do so for my first ride on Nemesis, but didn't, I just tightened my laces. Now I don't realy do that either, just make sure they arn't loose.

Ali

Mega Poster
I never do on Inverts because i always wear trainers and can't be bothered to do up my laces again, I would if I was wearing Flip-Flops or Sandels.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I always wear suitable shoes for going to theme parks and never have to take them off :D

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I have done before, and it does feel lush on Nemesis...and adds the the foot chopper factor, (all psychological of course) but I haven't done in years.

nealbie

CF Legend
No, because Neal is a good boy so he does as the ride ops say and keeps his shoes on (in the 3rd person of course :wink: )

kimahri

CF Legend
Oh wow this topic is old.

Titan posted in here. What ever happend to her?

Anyway on topic. No I don't take my shoes off. I tighten them. Just in case.

Slash

Giga Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
No however i sometimes do on nemesis to try and feel a spray of the waterfalls but never do ( what a surprise)

I've felt the spray on my face but that's it, I don't think the spray would hit the "lake" and bounce back far enough to get them.

Yes I have done it but I realise now, you can't feel the difference! So no more playing silly buggers for me!

A

Anonymous

At thorpe you have to wear shoes, i think. I wouldn't want to anyway, who wants cold feet?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Always as I always wear ballet slippers so they're extremely likely to fall off. If the ride op doesn't let me take them off, I do it anyway on the lift hill and hold them while I'm riding haha.

Wind feels nice on bare feet =]