What's new

Do you take your shoes off while riding inverts/flyers?

and the answer is.......

• yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I also don't like to ride inverts with pants on...as in not shorts lol...because I feel restricted.

Same sort of thing, I guess...

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
The only thing that pops up my mind at the moment is that if many people wanted to ride off shoes it would take ages to load the coaster.

Lain

Giga Poster
I've never taken my shoes off for a ride and I probably won't in the future.

I wear sneakers so it's too much hassle

A

Anonymous

only if its a ride I havent been on in a while or never been on will i take off my shoes.

A

Anonymous

No never, there is no point what so ever, when you go to thorpe park and you take your shoose of on inferno then they stop the ride and make you put them on. Your be lucky if you don't get chucked of.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
No, I can't be bothered with the hassle of taking them off, stowing them, having to get my giant feet back into them 'cos I can't be arsed to untie my laces... Too much bother, and I can't imagine I'd get much benefit from it anyway.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
sfjunkie2010, Why did you post on a 2 year old topic?

I always keep my shoes on, I've never rode without them on.

Tony

Hyper Poster
No I never do. I never take my shoes off on any ride.

Oops, did'nt realise how old this topic was.

Drinki

Roller Poster
shoes

i never take my shoes of i don't know why people do unless there wearing flip flops! :)

Rach

Giga Poster
I don't take them off on any ride, because i don't need to.

Done it once on air, because mid ride my shoe would attempt to fall off, but held it on.

Don't take shoes off now though.

Ah God, another two year old topic brought back.

Anyway, I take my shoes off on certain rides. For the most part, I wear crocs and I wear the backings, so the chance of them falling off is slim, but I do take them off on things such as Wicked Twister, MaXair and Raptor.

Usually the choice to take my shoes off on a ride is random, because I'll keep them on for things like Ripcord and Skyhawk (which has a floor but my feet don't reach).

So yeah, it depends for me really. Usually the more intense things, like MaXair, which definately have a risk of my shoes falling off, I'll take them off. Things which I'm pretty sure they won't fall off on, and even if they do fall off will be easy to get back, my shoes will stay on.

Almost

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Ah God, another two year old topic brought back.

I think it's quite nice Taylor...

You get to see posts by TheSlammed, RunningJama, RJM, ArrowFanMan, ect.

But you also see some of my first posts...and no one wants to see those..

No I don't take off my shoes. Walking barefoot in the station is nasty.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I wore sandals once to Six Flags Magic Mountain and I took them of once or twice on Tatsu, but it didn't really make a difference.

I took them off on Scream! as well. It was my first floorless and I was going for the front row my first time, and I wanted to make sure I got the fullest floorless experience as possible. It's a shame half the time when you're on a floorless, you don't really notice you are.

I probably would've taken them off on X, but I was in the front row and the belongings cupboard was at the other end of the train. I couldn't be bothered to walk all the way down there. Especially not if I had to walk all the way back to my seat in bare feet. Urgh.

stiggy

Roller Poster
On a different subject, but does anybody think that ARROWFANMAN'S Avatar pic of him look's like Stiffler? (American Pie)

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
No never have done,I just make sure they are done up nice and tightly.

Besides, my feet tend to chuck up on really hot days,so it's probably best that I don't.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
No I don't as I tend to wear appropriate shoes to parks, that are guaranteed not to come off.
I think the only time I've taken my shoes off on a ride is on the chairswing thing at Metroland, because I had innapropriate (yet very nice) shoes on, tut tut.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
valleyfair! said:
I only take mine off if I'm wearing sandals otherwise I keep them on
Same. There is really no need to take off your shoes. They are tightly secured, as long as they are tied.

A little story for you guys. I was queuing for maXair last season and when the ride was a full cycle, a persons shoe, flew right off and hit the operator booth. He only lost his shoe, because it wasn't tied. So keep your shoes tied, and you won't have a problem, and if you have flip-flops, take them off even if you are not asked by the ride op. A shoe traveling at over 60 mph could hurt someone. :p

-CPFreak-