What's new

Crush's Turtle Twister - Disney Studios

Tomatron

Giga Poster
There is one small Immelman turn on this ride. Nothing on the scale of Dragon's Fury/Spinball Whizzer.

But the theming on this ride will make it. A Finding Nemo ride with Disney attention to detail is gonna turn out really well.

themeparkphreak

Roller Poster
I think It proberbly is A Sohne, The basic layout suggests it, but there are elements of Gerstlauer.

They're obviously going to take their time, and 2 years (Well, Nearer one and a half) is a long time to build a spinner.

Lets hope they don't have any problems like Fury/Whizzer did.

neo

Mega Poster
A

Anonymous

Just one question, one the second pic it looks as if Cars will be replacing something nearby, I must check my map...

Anywho, having recently(-ish) going to the Studios, it needs more. Really you can go there for the Stunt Show alone but also it needs more than RnR and Armagedeon...

I think that it will be a good addition to the park, and when ToT opens I will have to revisit it again...
Knowing Disney and indoor rides just gives us a small hint really...

spicy

Giga Poster
What are those cars?
But nah i don't think they are replacing anything, the only thing thats nearby there at the moment is the animagique show and the art of animation.
But infront of that isnt anything just a load of benches where characters come out now and again.

A

Anonymous

Well I have found on a Disney fan forum a detailed discription of the attraction, with what it will be etc.

The Queue line will be covered, but will not be themed as a coralreef like previously planned, instead it will resemble the Sydney harbor as in the movie, with poles in wood, fishing nets on the ceeling and lanters will light up the area.
The loading zone will have the same theming with either walls in brick or wood.
A hut in bamboo will be placed next to the loading station with 2 seagulls on it.

Once the trains have left the station, they turn left and go up the first lift and immediately going outside the building, as can seen on the plans. Right before the lift, we'll see the shadows of the 3 sharks.
The lift will be themed as a coralreef, and will feature 2 characters from the movie: the blowfish and Jacques, the French lobster who cleaned the fishtank in Finding Nemo.

In the darkride part, a brand new projection technique by Imagineering will be used, which can project the characters very close to the riders, which will give the impression that they move in a real 3D set.
The technique is a videoprojection on a transparent screen, a bit like the post show of It's a Small WOrld with the little characters in the different houses. Everyone who has seen a demonstration off this new technique was impressed.
Two animatronics will also be part of this section: 2 fish set up in 90?, so that both will be visible for the riders facing backwards. They still have some problems tuning the double show, so that all riders have a good view on the different scenes.

Next is the Coaster part, an underwater effect will be used which is similar to the starfield in Mission 2, but it's not limited to just some bubble projections, because there will also be the jellyfish attack which will be physical effects (jellyfish on a wire...). 3 Underwater tunnels with a dry wet effect (similar to the Squid attack scene in the Nautilus) will also be added to the track, soap bubbles (as in Animagique) are also considered as an extra addition.
Projections will also be used in the coaster section, Crush and his friends invite us to join them in the East-Australian current and sea-beds will be used to give dept to the sets...

Source: http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/vie ... =4603#4603

neo

Mega Poster
I didn't think the transparent screen was new as i thought that that it was used in the Pinocio attraction in the Disneyland Park and also in the wishes firework displays. It still sounds really cool though.

Mark

Strata Poster
Well the above descpription does make the coaster sound really amazing and also sounds about right for a Disney attraction. I'm intriqued to see the further developments on this one. When is construction due to start?

A

Anonymous

It's being built now! Well, sortof - just some groundworks so far, but with it being a Disney ride they should really be starting the major construction soon so that they have a lot of time to tweak things in the final months. They've "only" got 18 months left!

Here are some new concept artworks for the ride, thanks to www.dlrp.fr ...

The entrance sign:
http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/wds/toonstudios/crush/crushlogo.jpg

The queue line: (themed as if you're under a pier at Sydney Harbour)
http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/wds/toonstudios/crush/crushattente.jpg

Control booth inside the show building:
http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/wds/toonstudios/crush/crushpccontrol.jpg

The cars:
crushvehicules.jpg

neo

Mega Poster
Nice art, but will in the que line, will the harbour be underwater. I mean will you be queing over water?

Mark

Strata Poster
Well, you are under a pier so I am presuming it would be made to ahev an underwater effect perhaps? I am not totally sure.

I really am loving these cars. They just really suit the idea of a spinner and if they are anywhere cloe to be aswell constructed as the Winjas cars these will look blooming bootiful.

neo

Mega Poster
Yet another topic that hasn't been posted in this year!

An update;

dlp.info said:
Talking about the Toons, it seems that they have now started work again on their construction site. After seeing the location without any changes for a while we can now see some heavy equipment brought back to start the next phase.

www.dlp.info

A

Anonymous

Now finally theres sight of vertical construction taking place on the Crush's Turtle Twister Building, apparently they are building the building first then putting in the coaster track
Dsc06540.jpg

Photo from www.photosmagiques.com

A

Anonymous

It's nice to see some photos of this ride. I'm excited about this new attraction; more than TOT. It seems that they've left it a bit late to start...they'll finish it in time though. The building looks a little small. However I'm sure that this may be the best spinning coaster out there when it's finished, it may even beat Winjas.

A

Anonymous

The first piece of track has finally appeared on the construction site, seems they may actually get constructing the coaster soon.

toon08petit.jpg

Photo from DLRP.fr

A

Anonymous

Vertical Construction has started.

toon2petit.jpg

But what really suprises me is the fact that disney got the portable version of this ride. Why didnt they get a version with less supports? Hm, I guess it doenst really matter because itll all be themeing anyways, but still... :D

toon4petit.jpg

More pics here: www.dlrp.fr

spicy

Giga Poster
^Because their on a tight budget and the portable versions cheaper? Just a guess but could be why.

Good to see that constructions well underway though, should be a really good addition.

A

Anonymous

jey, I guess ur right about the gudget... I mean, ToT is coming along too next year.

I also think that this ride is a great addition. The spinning rides are so much fun and with typical disney theme it just has to be good. I hope to be able to ride it soon.

And, oh well, the Studios despreatly need a new ride... :D

A

Anonymous

It's come on loads in just the last few days, take a look:

crush06petit.jpg

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=560

http://www.jourifromparis.nl/img/140406_1.jpg
http://www.jourifromparis.nl/img/140406_2.jpg
http://www.jourifromparis.nl/img/140406_3.jpg

The whole "coaster" section should be complete in about 2 to 3 weeks, with the dark ride section at the front starting after that. They're currently working on the walls and foundations at the front (dark ride) whilst the steel is being constructed at the back (coaster). It'll be interesting to see what technique Maurer use for the dark ride, in terms of getting the vehicles moving through it. Any ideas?

It still makes me laugh that DLRP is essentially getting the same coaster as Camelot... (minus the dark ride section and themeing) lol