What's new

Crush's Turtle Twister - Disney Studios

A

Anonymous

Yeah it's Paris. The coaster will be manufactured by Maurer Soene(sp?)

A

Anonymous

So it won't be a clone of Primevil Whirl at Animal Kingdom in Florida then? That's good news.

neo

Mega Poster
The plans for the whole toon studios thing look pretty cool. Will the coaster be indoors aswell as out then?

A

Anonymous

Wow, i love every spinner i go on, and this should be great.. Glad to hear it's in Paris!

A

Anonymous

toonstudios.jpg

This looks like exactly the type of attraction that DLP needs, having been to WDW's Studios. I've never seen the Paris one as worth bothering with, but this looks like something worth checking out.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I like how if you scroll down about 3/4 of the page, they have the whole story board of the ride. Sounds great that they are combining the ever popular spinner ride with theming, should be really awesome.

A

Anonymous

Check out the video of the unveiling!
http://kyoto.free.fr/?M=D

Files are as follows:
Unveiling: Crush's Turtle Twister = toons01.MOV
Unveiling: Cars = toons02.MOV
Unveiling: TOT = trailer_tot.MOV

A

Anonymous

Nice! Good to see paris getting some attention.

And from the pic Richard posted, can I spy another one of those damned things that spin round and the riders can control the height of the cars - WDW has about 10 of them, 3 of which are placed stratically around MK, Dumbo, the Alladin thing and Astro Orbiter - am guessing Disney get a good deal on these things.

As for the coaster, it looks mostly indoors, with just a small bit coming out of the soundstage there- could be quite interesting, if they do it right you could have 20,000 Leagues under the sea, mixed with a spinner - or in typical disney some puddles, some robot things, and an annoying theme tune.

And has the DS's always had that damn big sorcerors hat, the one in MGM just ruins everything - a hate them they should all be burned down :p

A

Anonymous

The one at DLP has always been there...

The work for ToT is still groundwork...

It looks good for it, the Studios need more rides desperately....

That's my three point post...

Ben

CF Legend
I think the "Dumbo Ride" is already there, and is something like, the second biggest ride there.... with Fastpass...

Mark

Strata Poster
Totally Shockwave. How bizarre that I predicted a finding Nemo themed coaster and now we have one on the way. Ok, so I predicted a Huss Water Coaster but meh. I got half way there. A return trip to Paris on the opening of this one is certainly in order. the themeing of the cars looks amazing!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Mark said:
Totally Shockwave. How bizarre that I predicted a finding Nemo themed coaster and now we have one on the way. Ok, so I predicted a Huss Water Coaster but meh. I got half way there. A return trip to Paris on the opening of this one is certainly in order. the themeing of the cars looks amazing!

You can call me Tom, y'know! :wink:

Maybe a meet-up when we go to Disneyland on the last leg of the Tour de Force next year would be an idea! We'll be at Disneyland on Monday a bit on Tuesday depending on Asterix, and Wednesday morning before we go home.

A

Anonymous

Toon Studios in Walt Disney Studios Park will be opening in 2007, since next year on April 8th or is it 9th something like that Buzz Lightyear laser Blast opens in the old Le Visionarium building in Discoveryland in Disneyland Park and Tower of Terror opens in 2008, but has been rumoured to be 2007, think depends on construction.

A

Anonymous

This coaster looks amazing, I've always liked the Studios at Paris and this will be a great addition. It looks like there will be some great theming if you look at the videos. I'll have to try and convince my parents to get take me there for 2007.

spicy

Giga Poster
^Anymore of those pictures??
They make the coaster look pretty lame tbh i hope its better then those blueprints make it look.
Is there any immelman turns on this ride does anyone know??