What's new

Cringe Worthy Non Coaster Enthusiast Comments you have heard

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Well, some aren't fans as they consider it cringy while others do not. That's what discussions are about boss man. How do YOU feel about them since your contribution to this thread has been to not talk about anything relevant to the thread? :p

I’m not really fussed either way, each to their own, they’re just shirts, hence my surprise as to the extent of that chat over it.

Oh, and I’m a boss lady ;)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Since we’re talking about GP and t-shirts, something happened at KD two days ago that I think warrants mention here.

So we’re getting off of Avalanche and my friends head off when this woman sees my Mystic Timbers shirt and stops me. She asks me, “I see your shirt for the other coaster, the Mystic Timbers, is that the same as the Twisted Timbers?” So I tell her they’re completely different coasters, one is wood and one is hybrid, one is at Kings Dominion and the other is at Kings Island. So she asks me, “Dominion, Island, same thing right?” So I tell her they aren’t but they’re sister parks, Kings Island is in Ohio, it’s my home away from home that’s why I have the shirt, blah blah blah. Then she tells me her son likes to look at roller coasters online and wanted to go and asks which one is better, I tell her they’re about the same quality-wise, different strengths and weaknesses. Then tells me it sounds like they don’t need to go to Kings Island, so I tell her I would definitely recommend doing it anyway because Mystic is also a great ride and it’s an awesome park.

So after I go find Connor and Krystal and tell them and we got a good laugh out of it, but I was polite and helpful with her even though it was just a Google search away. So we go to ride Backlot and in line...”sir is the Twisted Timbers like the Mystic Timbers?”

So I wore my Mystic shirt because we were riding the other Timbers coaster and I was excited so I picked that shirt to wear, didn’t even plan on taking questions it just kind of happened. To us they were kind of ridiculous since the answer isn’t exactly hard to find, but they’re just not coaster nerds and that’s okay. Laugh it off but don’t write them off as stupid, I’m sure some of the stuff these people made into I wouldn’t be able to tell you about. It’s okay not to know something and while it can make for a few laughs, there’s no need to be condescending about it.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
It isn't exactly a GP moment, but I wore my Steel Vengeance shirt to KD and when I went to get my picture, the guy at the picture booth mentioned how "Steel Vengeance is the reason that Twisted Timbers is only running one train" and then brought up how everyone's complaining that it's only running one train.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
^The Bump. They both ran the same program (for some reason) and both were forced to 1 train ops.
No not that. The whole shirt argument thing. Nvm I read it. I don’t think it matters if you wear a coaster shirt or not. It is a bit easier to tell who is and who isn’t an enthusiast but I steer away from meeting other enthusiasts. A lot of them are either really awkward or are just huge assholes.

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
I steer away from meeting other enthusiasts. A lot of them are either really awkward or are just huge assholes.
this-is-are-neighborhood_o_691983.webp

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
You are aware that everyone on this forum is an enthusiast?
You are aware that I said meeting, right? In terms of meeting in real life at a park if we’re both there because you can be extremely chatty online but act like an asshole or be super awkward in real life.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
You don't even like each other. How is anyone else going to like you?
What? So you’re saying that I meet with enthusiasts that I don’t like? And if they didn’t like me then why did they agree to meet up with me in the first place? Because why would I meet up with others that I don’t like? There are a lot of enthusiasts that I hate but at least I know some who actually use their brain and know what they’re talking about. I’m not stating that all enthusiasts are assholes but most that I’ve meet up with at a park IN THE PAST were super rude and annoying. Most of them complained the whole entire time when we rode a coaster. Like just enjoy the coaster. You’re here to have a good time, not to bitch and complain about everything. (Sorry about double post)

Snoo

The Legend
Heard someone this last weekend:

"YOU KNOW THAT TOP FUEL THING? I AIN'T GOING ON THAT! I HEARD IT BROKE AND PEOPLE DIED"

I think my brain started to bleed when I heard that, moreso for the country bumpkin tone as well as the stupidity.. lol

What? So you’re saying that I meet with enthusiasts that I don’t like? And if they didn’t like me then why did they agree to meet up with me in the first place? Because why would I meet up with others that I don’t like? There are a lot of enthusiasts that I hate but at least I know some who actually use their brain and know what they’re talking about. I’m not stating that all enthusiasts are assholes but most that I’ve meet up with at a park IN THE PAST were super rude and annoying. Most of them complained the whole entire time when we rode a coaster. Like just enjoy the coaster. You’re here to have a good time, not to bitch and complain about everything. (Sorry about double post)

Out of curiosity, how many enthusiasts have you met that you actually wanted to meet compared to those you were forced to meet (say on an organized theme park trip)? You're going to two wild extremes and I'm wondering if you just running with a **** crowd.

In my experience, I've met assholes and awkward people but I've been running with enthusiasts for years to parks, meeting new ones along the way, and most if not all tend to be very good folks to be around.

And I'll be honest, given how you've been around here, I'm wondering if one shouldn't look in the mirror as you get quite defensive and bitchy rather quickly if anyone calls you out or responds in any sort of aggressive or chiding nature. Typically, the people that tend to be the worst are the assholes or awkward ones.

Ben Hopson

Roller Poster
Here are some highlights that I've heard over the past few years:
- "The Wicker Man? No that isn't a new ride. They just tor' out the Big Dipper from Blackpool and put it at Alton Towers to make space for that new 'Icon' ride" (yes the guy saying it was deadly serious, he actually tried to argue his case too...)
- For some context this was a 'cool kid' showing off in front of some people a few days after the 'Smiler Crash'. He boasted "I fell out of G force at Drayton Manor a few years ago on that part when it dangles you upside down, but I was okay because the cart caught me on the way back down", followed by a series of gasps and "oh my god"'s and one person saying "this is why i don't like roller coasters. They should be illegal! Did you see what happened on The Smiler too! 16 people died!" I cried
- A classic I have heard several times: "Black Hole at Alton Towers closed because somebody fell out on the loop"
- Another common one: *looking at the corkscrews at the entrance to Alton Towers* "Is that one of the rides? THAT'S NOT SAFE!! LOOK THE TRACK JUST ENDS!!! I AM NOT GOING ON THAT!"
- "That new Blackpool ride (Icon) is not safe because it does loops and doesn't have shoulder straps!"
There are loads more but these are the ones that really stood out to me.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
Heard someone this last weekend:

"YOU KNOW THAT TOP FUEL THING? I AIN'T GOING ON THAT! I HEARD IT BROKE AND PEOPLE DIED"

I think my brain started to bleed when I heard that, moreso for the country bumpkin tone as well as the stupidity.. lol

Out of curiosity, how many enthusiasts have you met that you actually wanted to meet compared to those you were forced to meet (say on an organized theme park trip)? You're going to two wild extremes and I'm wondering if you just running with a :emoji_poop: crowd.

In my experience, I've met assholes and awkward people but I've been running with enthusiasts for years to parks, meeting new ones along the way, and most if not all tend to be very good folks to be around.

And I'll be honest, given how you've been around here, I'm wondering if one shouldn't look in the mirror as you get quite defensive and bitchy rather quickly if anyone calls you out or responds in any sort of aggressive or chiding nature. Typically, the people that tend to be the worst are the assholes or awkward ones.
None of them were forced. Every time I’d post that I’m at a park, if one of my followers were there, they’d ask if we’d like to meet up. I’ve stopped meeting up with others and just been going with my enthusiast friend who goes to my school. Even he agrees that most of the people we’d meet up with were awkward and assholes. Only two out of I think 20 we met were actually normal and tried to engage in a conversation. Yeah it’s a bit awkward because we’ve never met in real life before but you could at least respond to my questions and you know, try to act human. The two people we met were really excited to meet with us. We talked about life, coaster theories, personal interests, etc. They made that one of my personal favorite trips to a park. It’s just that much better when you ride with others who not only share a love of coasters but who attempt to become friends with you on a personal level. After that we only really meet up with those two people if they’re there or just go by ourselves. Granted the people who asked to meet up with us were from the Instagram coaster community and the Instagram coaster community is rather...well I’m sure you’ve heard stories about what they’re like. Overall I think I’ve just gotten unlucky with the people I’ve met. At least I got lucky with two lol. The worst enthusiasts I’ve met in real life was Taylor Bybee and this other one who called me the N word as “a joke” and I didn’t even say anything wrong.

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
None of them were forced. Every time I’d post that I’m at a park, if one of my followers were there, they’d ask if we’d like to meet up. I’ve stopped meeting up with others and just been going with my enthusiast friend who goes to my school. Even he agrees that most of the people we’d meet up with were awkward and assholes. Only two out of I think 20 we met were actually normal and tried to engage in a conversation. Yeah it’s a bit awkward because we’ve never met in real life before but you could at least respond to my questions and you know, try to act human. The two people we met were really excited to meet with us. We talked about life, coaster theories, personal interests, etc. They made that one of my personal favorite trips to a park. It’s just that much better when you ride with others who not only share a love of coasters but who attempt to become friends with you on a personal level. After that we only really meet up with those two people if they’re there or just go by ourselves. Granted the people who asked to meet up with us were from the Instagram coaster community and the Instagram coaster community is rather...well I’m sure you’ve heard stories about what they’re like. Overall I think I’ve just gotten unlucky with the people I’ve met. At least I got lucky with two lol. The worst enthusiasts I’ve met in real life was Taylor Bybee and this other one who called me the N word as “a joke” and I didn’t even say anything wrong.

Well that is very unfortunate for you bud. I think you'll find, if you haven't already, that many of the people around here tend to be very much like yourself. All of my enthusiast friends are from here and do trips on the regular. Also stay away from Instagram and YT short of CF. Those are the true gems. :p

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
Well that is very unfortunate for you bud. I think you'll find, if you haven't already, that many of the people around here tend to be very much like yourself. All of my enthusiast friends are from here and do trips on the regular. Also stay away from Instagram and YT short of CF. Those are the true gems. :p
You don’t have to tell me twice. Instagram is literally full of little kids who have some of the dumbest and most hypocritical opinions I’ve ever heard. At least the people on here actually use their heads and act more mature. Coaster Force is my favorite coaster YouTube channel.

sandgrown

Mega Poster

Yeah. I was only kidding. I'm sure you're lovely. Hugs and kisses xxx