What's new

Competitions?

Xpress

Strata Poster
You know, the whole goal of "competitions" are to compete against each other, to see who comes up with the greatest track design. Doesn't necessarily have to be "smooth", or even realistic- the only thing that matters is that you let your imagination run wild and produce a track from it.

Limiting building styles to "what's included with the simulator" isn't very fun at all, at least not to me and numerous others. We like to use whatever we wish to create the track. BTW, NoLimits 2.0 will have a Newton included with it, so you can't prevent us from using it ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^HAHAHAHAHA! It does have to be smooth. The greatest track design is the one that is the most innovative and well built ride. Now I know you don't always want a glass-smooth woodie, but most coaster types need to be smooth.

Xpress said:
Limiting building styles to "what's included with the simulator" isn't very fun at all, at least not to me and numerous others. We like to use whatever we wish to create the track. BTW, NoLimits 2.0 will have a Newton included with it, so you can't prevent us from using it
Who said we were going to limit building styles?

And if NL 2.0 has Newton, then yes, you can use it. However I thought with all your inside knowledge and regular meetings with Ole, you'd know it isn't out yet. Therefore, no tools.

herbinator

Mega Poster
Probably really stupid question, but whats newton, newton2 and how does it help when building coasters in no limits?
How do you use it aswel?

Xpress

Strata Poster
herbinator said:
Probably really stupid question, but whats newton, newton2 and how does it help when building coasters in no limits?
How do you use it aswel?

Newton2 is the latest version of Newton (duh lol), and the ammount of control and shaping abilities can be far greater than that of real ride manufacturers. You can create unique shaping not possible by ride manufacturers today with it, if you really tried.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
And if NL 2.0 has Newton, then yes, you can use it. However I thought with all your inside knowledge and regular meetings with Ole, you'd know it isn't out yet. Therefore, no tools.

Duh, I know it's not out yet. Its release date is getting closer and closer- closer than some might think ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Not only have you successfully made a stupid double post, less than a minute after each other, you've also missed my point.

NL2 isn't out, therefore no tools.