What's new

Coaster trips 2012

Well, depending on the how the next week plays out, this is how I hope next year goes:

-Multiple European parks, mainly Asterix, Europa, and Heide
-I'd love to do Disney Paris too
-More American parks, some that I've already been to and some that I haven't, such as BOULDER DASH
-Go back to Alton because it's amazing <3 and then maybe do one or two other British parks
-Edmonton Mall death cred and the other creds will be happening for sure

Anyway that's my realistic plan. If I had the time and money I'd love to do either Florida or Cali. It's funny because most of my plans for next year are really dependent on how my love life plays out :p

merga74

Roller Poster
The plan for 2012 is to pick up Cedar Fair passes for my daughter and I. We are planning a Cedar Point trip anyway for two days, this way for a little more cash we can do Dorney and Kings Dominion. Both within a day trip and back, albeit KD would be a LONG day. Dorney is about 3 hours, KD about 5. Want to do CP last in the year. Probably hit up GrAdv at least once since KK has been closed for the past 2 months, and its only 90 minutes away.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Im planning on hitting pretty much a majority of the Six Flags parks during weekend trips with my man :3

Will be hitting up Sea World Orlando and BGA as well at some point :D

My creds will hopefully be around 250 before we all die ¦3

Switching between the hideouts'...

Martyn B

CF Legend
*Might* be going over to Germany for the Dusseldorf fair in July.

Only 160 miles from the Hoek, so I see no reason not to really, especially when Olympia Looping, Hollenblitz and Eurostar are calling!

mouse

Giga Poster
I don't have many trips planned, seeing as my family aren't enthusiasts like me.
Parc asterix is a definite, can't miss the new invert.
Also hoping for Alton, Thorpe and Blackpool.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I'm hoping that I might be able to save just enough to nip into Europe at the end of the summer for a few days after the bigger US trip. I can't decide whether to visit Europa Park, Walygator and Parc Asterix OR fly to Spain and do Parque Warner and Port Aventura. The only one i've already done is EP but they'll have the new GCI.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Be warned, Parque Warner and Port Aventura are quite far apart. Something like 400-500 miles on the road, but thats only because there isn't many main/direct roads in between Madrid/Barcelona.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I want to get some more European parks down. So far I've only visited Thorpe and that small park on top of the mountain in Barcelona, I really want to visit Gardaland, Europa park, and Alton towers this summer...we shall see if I have the time and money to make it to Europe again.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
^ Be warned, Parque Warner and Port Aventura are quite far apart. Something like 400-500 miles on the road, but thats only because there isn't many main/direct roads in between Madrid/Barcelona.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't looked into it too much yet because I was going to leave Spain out until the new park in Murcia is built but the new Hyper at PA is really tempting me.

Not sure if i'd go with car hire, I was wondering if i'd be better going on the train or even an internal flight. I might be incapable of driving after PW from what i've seen and heard about Coaster Express!

Ben

CF Legend
^I'd suggest a train, Barcelona to Madrid has a high speed rail link.

They were meant to be adding PA to that rail network, but, I don't know if they have. Either way, it's then not far out of Barcelona Sants.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
^
Sounds good. Just hope I can get enough time off to spend some time in the City's too, especially Barcelona. I hear that someplace just north of there is a popular Skydiving destination too, could be a top quality way to end to the trip, hopefully followed by a safe landing and flying home alive.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I definitely want to try to get to the likes of Parc Asterix, Port Aventura and return to Heide Park.

I'd also like to try to get to some of the smaller UK parks that I've not had chance to visit yet. Places like Adventure Island, the south yorkshire parks, maybe M&Ds etc. although that'll depend on how much of a pain in the arse they are to get to and how skint I am.

The Euro Live is certainly a possibility, depending on when it is.

I'd like to try to get to some other places like Phantasialand and Europa Park, but I'm not sure that's going to happen unless there are Lives there and transport turns out to be a lot easier than expected. I think Liesberg belongs in that category as well.

I definitely want to do Florida some time, but I doubt that's going to happen in 2012 either.

On top of that, by the time I've been to Thorpe for the Swarm, Alton for the Live and probably done Ghosterforce again, I'll probably end up with a Merlin pass yet again. Damn it, this was going to be my "off" year when it comes to Merlin parks. Why do the UK Lives all have to be so damn awesome?

Dar

Hyper Poster
Me and the other half are planning a road trip round "europe" next summer. It shall consist of: Ferry from Hull to Holland -> Efteling -> Phantasialand -> Europa Park (GCI and Blue fire <3) -> Parc Asterix -> Thorpe Park -> Home! We're planning on going around the middle of June time so we can have this one massive blowout/holiday before all the scary uni stuff in September!

Only been to Thorpe Park and Europa Park on that list so we're quite excited by the others!

Brett7710

Mega Poster
^Sounds cool, I really need to get my ass over to Efteling sometime. Good luck with Phantasialand though. I queued 2 hours for River Quest when I visited in April this year because it fell on Easter weekend.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm hoping to get all the major Dutch parks done next year. Living close to Harwich is good for that with the over night ferries, so I can do them easily in day trips, but £220 is a bit pricey for each trip...

Brett7710

Mega Poster
That's handy, if I remember correctly you can get a ferry straight to Denmark from Harwich too, ideal for a Scandanavian trip. Although for the time it would take to get there on a ferry it might be better to fly.